Introduce yourself!

LuxuryBland

Your Favorite Internet Dad!
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

What subgenres are you most into?

How did you find out about this place?

What do you do for fun?

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards

Now that's going to be a tough one because I dont really watch sitcoms. But I would say a good canceled TV show that would describe my life is "Malcom in The Middle" if you can call it a sitcom because I had some pretty rough uncles that I lived with and are about 2 to 3 years older than me. We would do dumb stuff and torture each other like in the show.

What it means to me? It means good music

In concerning to Vaporwave, I would say that Mallsoft and retrowave would be my favorite subgenres. and anything with a Miami feel to it.

I made it :)

What do you do for fun?

I like to swim & go to the gym

Virtual Cafe Awards

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com

Beverly Hills 90210: just like me it lasted way longer than it had the right to.

As opposed to the general audience of vaporwave, experiencing nostalgia for a time they never saw, i grew up in the 90s, and the feelings vaporwave evokes brings back great and strange memories.

Mallsoft

A flyer in an abandoned Laundromat in Miami.

What do you do for fun?

Produce music and binge drink

Virtual Cafe Awards

LuxuryBland

Your Favorite Internet Dad!
Reaction score
Awards

Full House... I'm a super dedicated family man and sarcastic but affable dad. Also spend a lot of time wondering what ever happened to predictability...

For me vaporwave is like the future of prosperity we were promised but never came. It's nihilistic and meaningless and cobbled out of tossed-out cultural artifacts, but it still means something.

I tend to like sample-based stuff. Also anything high-concept that is making a statement.

I think there was a post on /r/vaporwave or /r/vaporvinyl and I was so invested in the idea that an old-school forum could exist in this day and age.

What do you do for fun?

Not much, no time. But I paint watercolor on my lunch breaks sometimes. I produce music rarely, if ever.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mystery Yeti

Razzle Dazzle
Reaction score
Website
mysteryyeti.bandcamp.com
Hi freaky and wild people. I'm Mystery Yeti

Alf. Alf and I are both mysterious yeti like creatures.

It can be whatever you want it to be. You're not the boss of me.

Assorted subs, meatball subs, italian sandwiches, I EFF with all sub genres.

mystery email.

What do you do for fun?
Just thinkin' about the Simpsons.

THANKS. see you around. 8)

VALYU

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
valyu.bandcamp.com
The only question I have a real answer to is what vaporwave means to me.

Taking inspiration from the past and making something either entirely new or something that sounds like exactly the same except mournful is fascinating to me. Even if 100 different people wave the same song, they can all come out with 100 different ways it was nostalgic or sounds cool to them. In this way, I think that's what makes music in general a better form of communication than language because those 100 people can say, "I loved this song" and we all assume we know exactly what they mean, but when it is expressed in musical form, that is when there is a clearer picture of what they loved about it. :)

jrod1231

On the hunt for Crystal Pepsi...
Reaction score

I'm not really sure.... I dont watch too many sitcoms so i wouldn't really know what resembles my life. I do like seinfeld though.

Vaporwave means a lot of things to me. When I first found vaporwave it felt like stumbling across something buried deep in the internet from a long lost time. I really love 80s pop music to begin with and vaporwave just resonated with me as a result. After having been into the genre for some time now, I still really enjoy finding music that feels like its from a lost era whether its the past or future. That's probably what makes the genre most enjoyable to me.

A lot of them: vaportrap, late night lofi, future funk, good ol' classic sample based vaporwave, anything kind of avant garde

Believe it or not... I saw a comment about this place on that vaporwave radio livestream that's always playing on Youtube.

What do you do for fun?

I have many hobbies, cars are my passion, but I also have a thing for finding discontinued food items, Crystal Pepsi is a BIG interest of mine, fireworks are fun too. There's too much to list really..... 8)

Vapormax0

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
vvvv.bandcamp.com
:)
* Hello, I am vapormax. Here is my introduction.*
:(
The essence of vaporwave for me would be core 80's in general, elements and aesthetics to music & arts then undertones of the subculture that surrounds it. Neon light, drum machines, synthesizers, fast cars, drugs, women, lifestyles & etc.

The genre that is 猫 シ Corp.'s - 家族. 劳动. 쇼핑.

Via email from my bandcamp.

What do you do for fun?
I make vaporwave music & other styles.
https://vvvv.bandcamp.com/album/vapormax

jefframsey

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hi,

This forum was suggested to my by some of the folks over at 68kmla.org. I collect and restore vintage Macintosh and Apple computers. I am an IT pro for a living. I also have a blog about retro computers at http://www.retroadventures.net I grew up with a Commodore 64 as my first in-home computer, although I used Apple II and TRS-80 computers in school and then of course 486->Current PCs. My favorite vintage computer is my ROM01 IIgs. I have upgraded it with a 4mb dark ram card, a CFFA3000 (Compact Flash/USB hard drive) and a Uthernet II ethernet card in it. I am currently part of a team that is beta testing the latest run of Uthernet II cards.

Anyhow, my current collection of vintage computers and printers lists as follows (all the ones that have been restored and are working at least):
- Apple IIgs (ROM01)
- Apple //e Platinum
- Apple IIe
- Macintosh Powerbook 540c
- Macintosh Color Classic
- Macintosh SE
- Apple Laswerwriter Pro 630
- Apple ImageWriter II

(I have the following computers listed for sale, prefer local pickup from 98532. I may make a detailed post later, if such a thing is allowed here.)
- 20" iMac C2D
- 17" iMac C2D
- 17" iMac G4 1.25GHz
- 15" iMac G4 700MHz

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
jefframsey said:
Hi,

This forum was suggested to my by some of the folks over at 68kmla.org. I collect and restore vintage Macintosh and Apple computers. I am an IT pro for a living. I also have a blog about retro computers at http://www.retroadventures.net I grew up with a Commodore 64 as my first in-home computer, although I used Apple II and TRS-80 computers in school and then of course 486->Current PCs. My favorite vintage computer is my ROM01 IIgs. I have upgraded it with a 4mb dark ram card, a CFFA3000 (Compact Flash/USB hard drive) and a Uthernet II ethernet card in it. I am currently part of a team that is beta testing the latest run of Uthernet II cards.

Anyhow, my current collection of vintage computers and printers lists as follows (all the ones that have been restored and are working at least):
- Apple IIgs (ROM01)
- Apple //e Platinum
- Apple IIe
- Macintosh Powerbook 540c
- Macintosh Color Classic
- Macintosh SE
- Apple Laswerwriter Pro 630
- Apple ImageWriter II

(I have the following computers listed for sale, prefer local pickup from 98532. I may make a detailed post later, if such a thing is allowed here.)
- 20" iMac C2D
- 17" iMac C2D
- 17" iMac G4 1.25GHz
- 15" iMac G4 700MHz
Welcome to the Forum!
As you can see, this site is mostly about vaporwave but I am trying to build our vintage computer members up. Ive designed this forum to make it look like a system 6 macintosh SE and try to make it as close to it as possible. I own a Macintosh SE so i am really interested in vintage tech. Make sure to stick around I am always trying to improve it and get more like-minded members!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Grahbird

おはようございます
Reaction score
Website
glaciology.bandcamp.com

Seinfeld, I'm in a small group of friends trying to just live in this world.

It means quite a bit, It's opened my eyes to the amazing music that can be found just by searching further than whatever is on the radio...

Slushwave, Broken Transmission, Weatherwave and Signalwave

I got e-mailed by someone.

What do you do for fun?

Make music and play video games with friends.

ByteMapper

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

Arrested Development before Season 4, dysfunction and chaos and there's love somewhere I guess

A glimpse into the past through the modern cynicism of today's lens

I'm a synthwave/dreamwave producer, so probably those

Saw it on Twitter through someone I follow

What do you do for fun?

Make music, read about making music, stare into the vast void of Reason's empty rack while I try to sort out where to go

aeliusrealm

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
open.spotify.com
Frasier, because I am eternally single and my family is my life

To be back in the 80s again. That's why I got into it, it takes me back.
Love all the sampled stuff.
Love that people who didn't live through the 80s themselves can send me back there by sampling something from the decade. You're delivering it guys, you've hit the feeling on the head

Broken transmission as I come from generation AM/FM radio, and Jason Sanders on YouTube is a king of mixes, his name to me is a genre all by itself

Twitter

What do you do for fun?
People-watching and I make original vaporwave music
This forum looks boss 8)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dtrevino1996

o shit waddupテ
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: Introduce yourself! ( o shit waddup )

Yo whats up everybody, my name is devin of
D3VINS MIXES on YouTube. I found this forum through facebook and i look forward to seeing how the site develops over time. :)

YungBlame2001

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Not so much in cancelled sitcom but I saw each episode of Big Bang Theory 23 times.

Aesthetically and musically very cool and interesting stuff, artists and demarches.

Eccojams, PC Music, Bubblegum Bass, and Birth of a New Day by 2814.

A Facebook post !

What do you do for fun?
I'm into performance art, psychick youth, 90s cyberpunk, gender trouble, making music, collages and internet culture.

Pale Pilsen Biiru

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Will & Grace? Well maybe not. It's my favorite, though.

Apart from its possible political capabilities (in which I sometimes use vaporwave to make comments on life), I like to think of vaporwave as a continuing development of art made from found objects. The vaporwave artist's job is to recontextualize these found objects and turn it into something it originally wasn't. These were of things long forgotten, yet familiar, only to be found again through its ghostly characteristics.

mallsoft, future funk

from lurking at >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
a lot of things, like drawing and making music. But generally just creating stuff.

kevin

Composer and producer based in a comatose cloud
Reaction score
Awards
Website
ryanayresmusic.com
Hi everyone! What a cool place! Happy to be here~
I spiritually identify with Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Like, in general? Looking back at something and imagining it in a different light. For me vaporwave is an outlook on the world, a native way of interpreting the avalanche of modern and contemporary culture that considers how we interact with media. Dramatic, I know...
Slush, broken transmission, and of course, classic style~
Twitter!
What do you do for fun?
I make things (music, art, etc.) and read a fair bit. Picking up chess, too, but I still suck at it for now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vulturon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I don't watch sitcoms...But I'd probably say Code Monkeys. Does that even count?

Relaxation and reminiscence. It helps remind me of a simpler time. It's the way that I express my feelings freely.

Future Funk, for sure.

reddit.

What do you do for fun?
I game, watch anime, build gunpla, and play Yugioh.

mmdkwaj

Manager of Palm '84
Reaction score
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?

The Office.

E V E R Y T H I N G

In all honesty, I don't know how to explain this. For me, it's just one of those things I just connect with, like the 80s. The music is freakin' wonderful, from the upbeat dancey feel of future funk to the calming atmosphere of the classic and ambient styles.

Future Funk and Late Night Lo-Fi, but I'm starting to get into Vaportrap.

My good ol' pal reddit.

What do you do for fun?

I usually make music (vaporwave, future funk, lo-fi, french house, and parodies) and browse the interwebs. When I'm outside of my house, I'm usually playing racquetball, biking, or going to the beach (search: Kwajalein Atoll).