Introduce yourself!

floozy

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
floozy.neocities.org
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
It's gotta be M*A*S*H, thought that wasn't technically cancelled. I have a thing for gallow's humor and I've always wanted to be a combat medic. Don't think the odds of that are too great now, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
It's basically the edge of memory for me. Dreamy familiarity. Malls that don't exist anymore. Abandoned websites. Unreality.

What subgenres are you most into?
Mallsoft, easily. I also like vaportrap, which was my introduction to the genre.

How did you find out about this place?
Heard about it from a friend. I really like old web stuff so I was happy to find it.

What do you do for fun?
Right now I'm getting into occultism - my main hobby is just learning and reading about different subjects. Other than that I like hiking, making digital art, and archery. I'm also taking fencing lessons right now =)

Nice to meet u all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

archaicAbystoma

Traveler of the Olmecan Lands: archaicAbystoma
Reaction score
Awards
Hi, I'm aA. I'm an amateur musician getting for the first time into the world of vaporwave and related subgenres!

I have no idea, I barely watch sitcoms @_@. If anything it would be Una Familia de Diez, a mexican sitcom about a family of ten (who would've guessed) all living in the same small apartment in Mexico city.

Curious question. It would be half-nostalgia ridden social criticism, half absolute wonderful of an ambience.

Mostly vanilla Vaporwave, Trapwave and Future Funk. I had no idea future funk was a subgenre of vaporwave >( . _ . )<

I don't quite remember. Might've been a YouTube video about the genre of just browsing around on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk (Most probably the former).

What do you do for fun?

Well, I'm an amateur musician so there's that. Other than, I spend my days playing video-games or reading and listening about interesting stuff online. What's interesting? Well, what isn't?

I'm just starting to set my profile, so please do recommend what stuff i should do next in this wonderful place.

Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

I guess stuff old-school Simpsons. It's not cancelled, but in my mind its gone.
Honestly? I love the look and the culture that surrounds it. Vaporwave tends to have really niche and cool communities attached to it. I love those kinds of places with cool people floating around.
Lo-fi, trip hop, and things that fuse electronica
I was snooping around a paranormal thread about deep-sea hive minds or something, and I stumbled on a link to this place. fell in love immediately.
What do you do for fun?
I code, try to make games in pico8, play bass, and go to as many house shows as I can.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ardea

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

"The Head". It's a cartoon series from the 90s. I'm not sure if it counts as a sitcom, but it was the first show that came to mind.

It's as close to absurdism as any music I've ever heard.

Retrowave, Segahaze, Synthwave

Documentary on the Dead Internet theory

What do you do for fun?

I'm active in a few Free Software projects. I enjoy working out and practicing archery.

Been meaning to make an account here for a while now.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Blockhead

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I was browsing /x/ yesterday and I saw a thread about dead internet theory. Amused by the silly concept I decided to google it and an article written about the theory popped up and mentioned you guys. Out of curiosity I started reading through the forum. I'm not even a weird conspiracy guy I just find that kind of shit amusing. I fell in love with the idea of an active old school forum that is reminiscent of the sites I used to go on when I was a kid. Plus I'm a fan of vaporwave and other shit that gets talked about on here (videogames, anime, etc). Very excited to find a community like this.

A little about myself I'm a bartender, I have a degree in History, I've travelled through Asia and Europe and lived outside of Tokyo for a a brief period.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you guys

V A R V I S

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone, My name is Chriss I am a 27 year old from Canada.
I make Vaporwave/synthwave, emo rap/pop and sing in a deathcore band.

For me Vaporwave and its related subgenres brings out the feeling I get when looking at photos of my parents from the 198-s and 1990s.
Looking at those photos brings out some immense sadness over what we have lost when looking at the world today, which I don't think is a unique feeling at all, especially here.

I never knew this site existed until about 20 hours ago. I absolutely miss posting on forums like this so I am excited to be part of the community here!

Void Catto

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm Void or Void Catto, I am a living breathing tumour, and if you choose to get to know me, don't say I didn't warn you.

hmmmm, not sure if this would be considered "cancelled", but probably Roseanne because it was a train wreck

music and art that provides a sense of nostalgia

Mainly chillwave with artists like In love with a ghost, stardew, and aethoro. I'll also listen to darkstep and glitchhop sometimes

researching disillusion for a video I'm making and found this forum

What do you do for fun?

video editing, larping in the woods in full kit, and playing games with friends

I'm Void or Void Catto, I am a living breathing tumour, and if you choose to get to know me, don't say I didn't warn you.

hmmmm, not sure if this would be considered "cancelled", but probably Roseanne because it was a train wreck

music and art that provides a sense of nostalgia

Mainly chillwave with artists like In love with a ghost, stardew, and aethoro. I'll also listen to darkstep and glitchhop sometimes

researching disillusion for a video I'm making and found this forum

What do you do for fun?

video editing, larping in the woods in full kit, and playing games with friends
I can only guess what your 'full kit' is.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Void Catto

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I can only guess what your 'full kit' is.
basically just an entire british infantryman's kit with some alterations, so osprey with all warrior assault systems pouches, brodie helmet, jacket, pants, mechanix mpacts, and a mystery ranch thor 3. shits never let me down.

basically just an entire british infantryman's kit with some alterations, so osprey with all warrior assault systems pouches, brodie helmet, jacket, pants, mechanix mpacts, and a mystery ranch thor 3. shits never let me down.
post pics

Virtual Cafe Awards
Of course you're a fellow bong, embarrassing me even fucking further.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
I vote fursuit
That, or...
1653023312647.jpeg

Also, I bet after a week here he will make a video like "The Disturbing Vaporwave Forum Rabbit Hole" or something where he calls us all schizophrenics.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
and he wouldn't be wrong
Andy, not -all- members are schizophrenics. We are talking twenty, twenty five percent tops. We are a diverse bunch, featuring schizophrenics, schizoaffectives, schizotypals, and schizoids!

Virtual Cafe Awards