Introduce yourself!

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?

Marchall Erikson's story line in How I met Your Mother. Been forever with the same girl + I share the same environmental worries and worry about the rapidly closing window of opportunities to tackle global issues.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

I discovered vaporwave the moment I as an environmentalist gave up on the " future that was promised". I didn't know of it when I first felt machintosh Plus - リサフランク420 / 現代のコンピュー, but Fisher's stolen futures argument is what made the emotional click for me. Vaporwave is a glorious critique / critical glorification of the time I grew up in. It reminds me of the naive hope we all had on the brink of a new millennium, at the end of history. A future full of possibilities.
Vaporwave helps me understand and emotionally reconnect with that time.
On the other hand I'm here for the wonderfully fresh music. not since I first discovered the mashup community in the early 00's and, to a lesser extent, since my girlfriend discovered Nightcore I have been pleasantly surprised by the newness of music. This is what it must feel like to be around when rock'n'roll was invented.

What subgenres are you most into?

the classics get regular play (eco virtual, saint pepsi, 2814, Floral Shoppe, etc). Currently I'm into whatever CatsystemCorp (猫 シ Corp.) puts out.
recently got some compilations with "summer vapors" of 2018 which were promising.
I don't listen to vaporwave exclusively (well, at least 80% is vaporwave these days though!). If there is one thing I'd like to see vaporified (vaporwaved? vaporred?) it is Big Beat, a short-lived genre from the late 90's. Think Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, propellerheads, the wiseguys, the entire matrix soundtrack, the tomb raider movie soundtrack, etc. If there are already vaporwave releases with Big Beats, please let me know!

How did you find out about this place?

the Vaporwave FB group.

What do you do for fun?

play boardgames (there is an emerging subculture of fantastic, well-developed games on par with the video-game industry, absolutely worthwhile to check out if you detested Monopoly as a kid like I did :) )

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 168

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
No idea, since they're not my thing.
To me, vaporwave is all about mixing ideas and elements from the past to make things meant to be from the future.
Broken transmission, and vaportrap. Also, very long tracks in general.
Twitter, duh.
What do you do for fun?Playing Starbound, making usually aesthetics, giving a try to music, procrastinating (lots of it) and working on my website. I hope to become a network admin later, or something.

Chiba City Blues

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chibacityblues1.bandcamp.com
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?

Golden Girls!

Vaporwave is the hazy memories of Television and Computer screens at night from long ago...

Mostly Late Nite Lofi and Climatewave

Saw the link on twitter

What do you do for fun?

Mostly make Vaporwave and sometimes other music

Virtual Cafe Awards

aeraesym

in terms of a tv show I guess I could say something like twin peaks. Nobody really understands it but there are always people who try to. Also sometimes i'm quite popular and other times everybody's forgotten about me

Lovely community of people making art and music that has a statement towards the commercialization of music and art in general. Actually has meaning, as opposed to lots of the mindless drivel that is considered "indie" or "punk" nowadays that you would find on spotify or vevo but indeed serves as a facade for a mass media money making trend machine. Vaporwave keeps me sane in this incredibly fake and shallow time period we're living through. Many people consider vaporwave to be saying something about 80's consumer culture, but I personally think it has alot more to do with this decade more than that one 100%. We are living in the mass consumer culture where we buy incredibly expensive intricate personal devices and clothes that require hours of labour to make and then throw them away once they become too "slow" or once the clothes become unstylish. Evil times.

Also, as 80's music did, I think vaporwave signals a future time of prosperity that could still be for some of us, i.e. the ones who decide to give back to their community, the ones who don't feel like they need to be a part of every passing trend, the ones who ignore all of the bs information out there.... I could go on and on.

I like new age themed vaporwave alot. On a broader note I love the 80s revival coming out on bandcamp. I love 80s bands and I think lots of 80's MTV era pop music still sounds futuristic. It spawned the media monster that exists now but it was almost worth it.

Vaporwave reddit. I just recently came back to >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and was browsing. Really liked the theme and the aesthetic of this forum so I made an account.

What do you do for fun?

Sometimes I play new video games but I play lots more old video games. Halo Combat Evolved is my favourite of all time, in terms of the story, the design aesthetic, the music (best game soundtrack period... EVER....) It's very important to me. I've played it through too many times to count. Maybe I'll make a halo themed vaporwave album lol.

Also a starwars multiplayer mod called movie battles II. I play it for hours lol!

I play guitar, bass, drums etc and have always loved music no matter the genre. I listen to a ton of music and recently have deleted apple music. I now exclusively download and listen to music off bandcamp on my old ipod classic that I've put an open source OS on. I believe in paying the community back. Having less selection also makes me connect more with the music I do have. If I ever want a classic album from previous decades, there's a record store near me with a massive cd collection.

I'm also planning to sell any electronic devices that I cannot take apart and fix myself and replace them with electronics I can keep and maintain for years... such as my ipod classic. I'm hoping it will last forever. Fight the good fight against planned obsolescence!! 8)

Adeptus Minor

Adeptus Records.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.adeptusminor.com
Howdy! Adeptus Minor here..

A small tape label based in Los Angeles CA.

-I'm gonna switch it up and give you an old video game instead..
Skullmonkeys on the PS1. That game was everything. Good times were had!

-Vaporwave hits me in all the right spots. Mostly in it's ability to stand the test of time. In a short period it has spawned countless numbers of sub-genres. Some that seem so radically different from one another yet all fit nicely under the umbrella.

-I love me some classic vaporwave, who doesn't? Also listening to as much Vapor-Hop as I can find. If anyone can share, please do! And of course the staples.. late night lo-fi, future funk, mallsoft etc..

Got new music to release? Want to do a cassette run? We are looking for new artists so we can grow! Send me a PM! Let's chat!

Virtual Cafe Awards

VolenKahn (Kraüser Murrh)

20 y.o, french, depressed but happy, let me live
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 y.o french dude, and I'll be happy to answer those questions !

Freaks and Geeks : I'm kinda a mix of both of them.

Wandering in memories of old places I didin't even live.

Future Funk, Vaportrap, Utopian Virtual, VHS Pop.

Vaporwave France, a FB page.

What do you do for fun?

I :

- watch movies
- play video games
- make music
- take care of my youtube channel
- Dance (a lot)
- Listen to any kind of music (a lot too)

Deleted member 168

VolenKahn (Kraüser Murrh) said:
Hi everyone, I'm a 20 y.o french dude, and I'll be happy to answer those questions !
Freaks and Geeks : I'm kinda a mix of both of them.
Wandering in memories of old places I didin't even live.
Future Funk, Vaportrap, Utopian Virtual, VHS Pop.
Vaporwave France, a FB page.
What do you do for fun?
I :
- watch movies
- play video games
- make music
- take care of my youtube channel
- Dance (a lot)
- Listen to any kind of music (a lot too)
Wait, you're French too?! Nice!

ak-ultra

beach bitch
Reaction score
Website
ak-ultra.bandcamp.com
Hi! My name is Ashley and I make vaporwave. Big whoop.

No idea. I don't watch much TV.

Just a chill genre that allows artists to break boundaries and get creative, all while making some absolute grooves.

Man, I just like all vaporwave. Subgenres aren't a problem for me. I'll listen to whatever.

I was just google searching and I came across this place. Seems nice enough- I hope I get to meet some cool people here.

What do you do for fun?
I'm a fucking weeb. I watch anime, Netflix, Youtube, listen to music. I'm a normal bitch. Oh, and I make vaporwave.

Sheep

make trash not war|| i work for PSM
Reaction score
Website
privatesuitemag.com

Will & Grace? I...was never really one for sitcoms....

making trash, not war, with my peers. Showing people after me what they missed out on, and what a joy it was to grow up in such a bizarre time as the 90s.

I think a better question is what I'm not into - I like this movement, and I want to give everything a chance, even if that means not necessarily liking it the first go around, I'll listen again.

I will say witch house got me into vaporwave :)

Through a facebook group with memebers that I worked on a compilation album.

What do you do for fun?

Eat food, make bad memes and visuals, and try to make music. I also try to be the nicest person I can be.

KSpader12

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Greetings and salutations.

Uncle Buck (1990-1991) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgnbNZsi-UE

Elevator.

All and any.

What do you do for fun?

Wouldn't you like to know. ;)
[/font]

joypistols974@aol.com

Love Will Tear Me Apart... Again
Reaction score
Awards

Complete Savages... This is actually the only sitcom I've enjoyed so far.

This is what the music of the 80's was meant to be :)

Future Funk and Mallsoft

What do you do for fun?

Playing games'n'the guitar ;D

Virtual Cafe Awards

ColderIsland

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

I haven't watched many sitcoms. Plus, I'm not american, so I'm not as familiar with classic sitcoms

A world where nothing really matters, everything is pure a e s t h e t i c s (that's unironic btw) and neon lights

Synthwave, plus almost anything Chill Radio 24/7 offers me ;D

Searching for a vaporwave forum x d

What do you do for fun?
Internet, especially Youtube. Lots of it. Also, playing a couple games (Fortnite and RoS). But most of this is to forget about e v e r y t h i n g

SONICON

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

I don't watch sitcoms.

Vaporwave is what I breathe

What subgenres?

Saw it on twitter

What do you do for fun?

Sleep

♡抹茶の空想♡

matcha daydreams
Reaction score

My life is way too dull to be a sitcom, but I have a strong nostalgic attachment to Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

It's simultaneously a means of escape and a path to deeper self reflection.

I'll listen to anything, but t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者 is my favorite artist. Besides the main genre, I also like vaportrap, city pop, lo fi hip hop, and future funk.

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
Besides listening to music, I also enjoy watching anime, playing video games, drawing, and reading fanfiction.

Zenith

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
dabzenith.bandcamp.com
Howdy y'all. I'm Zenith. Maybe you've heard of me, maybe you haven't xD. I make produce Synthwave, Late Night Lo Fi, and mostly Vaporwave.
I'm excited to start my journey on Agora Road's Macintosh. I hope to make some great conversations and friends here.

If you are interested in listening to my music, here is a link to my bandcamp: www.dabzenith.bandcamp.com

Not entirely sure... If I had to take a wild guess, I would probably say M.A.S.H. I think it has something to do with my love for anything 80s. I also have a fondness for military/war shows and movies.

To be completely honest, it means quite a lot, and most likely too much for you to read, but I'll keep it simple. I learned about Vaporwave about 2 years ago after a bad break up. I was crushed and thought I was useless. After listening to Vaporwave for a bit, I found an interest in producing it, and it helped me keep my mind off my troubles. I also love doing it :) In many ways, Vaporwave helped me. You could say Vaporwave means a whole lot to me.

I love Vaporsynth and Late Night Lo Fi. (to produce), but if I am listening to someone else's work, I love Future Funk and classic Vaporwave. My favorite artists are Flamingosis, waterfront dining, and US Golf 95.

I was invited by someone via my Bandcamp. (Thank you :)

What do you do for fun?
I love to listen to vaporwave, (obviously) go fishing, hang with friends, and chat with people!

Isaac_Ascii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hi folks!
This forum and Illus shoutout for my latest album on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, gave me the biggest buzz ever, so I just had to finally come over! =)

Love, Death & Robots

It re-ignited my love for music.

Eccojams; Churchwave; Classical Vapor; Late Nite Lo-Fi; Mallsoft

Shilling on r/Vaporwave months ago and I finally decided to make the Jump

What do you do for fun?
Play Videogames; produce Vaporwave; Familiy Business

Virtual Cafe Awards

DictaphoneDiaries

The Powers Of Matthew Star because he was an alien prince with superpowers.

Reflection

Broken Transmission, Mallsoft, Sludge, ...Im sure there are many more that I haven't even heard yet.

Twitter

What do you do for fun?

Make art and music in my studio and play with my cat Mimi.

petersprinter

Taksiwave out now!
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.petersprinter.nl
Hi, I'm Peter. I make Dutch Vaporwave. My debit album デ ZOMER is out now on https://petersprinter.bandcamp.com/album/zomer.

Zeg n's Aaa...

A wonderful way to relax.

Eccojams, chopped and screwed, signalwave.

Review of Eis-T's Nederwave I.

What do you do for fun?

Coloring by numbers.

Virtual Cafe Awards