Introduce yourself!

tinysweetbb

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hi every1~ I'm Sunglow!

Sunglow is all electronic made music but isn't necessarily vaporwave-centered per se. I'm inspired by a lot of vaporwave stuff I hear so I'm sure it reflects out in all sorts of projects and releases I'm involved with. I also play in a 2 piece garage punk band called The Lipschitz with my partner, I make cyber hacker punk music as Bodyplex, I play in a two piece synthesizer group called X49 Cleaner, and I also dabble in bedroom "rock" music under the name Bummerville.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
My Brother and Me 10000000%

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
Subtle shift to breaking down the guidelines to a system in which music was judged by historically, and moving direction of audio production towards enjoyment as the priority – I get healthy ego death moods plus I'm obsessed with corporate imagery.

What subgenres are you most into?
Mallsoft, MIDIJams, whatever sounds nice

How did you find out about this place?
>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
I write, record, mix, master, and now release music! I also just started doing all of the design, motion media, and web design for my new Audio Fabricators sealCompany Businesses Inc. So these days I'm usually doing this kind of stuff for fun outside of my day job and hanging out with my partner, our cat, and our hedgehog.

I actually just released my older brother's downtempo instrumental album – which gave me some weird vapor flourishes. When I was recording it I told him that and apparently he had never even heard of vaporwave, which I thought was pretty neat considering the pocket that some of his songs were falling into.

Check it out if you'd like!
Kola Hak - Virtuahex
[youtube]https://youtu.be/LmTuk30MpGU/[/youtube]

Hello!

Seinfeld,I either live life and experience Seinfeld spoilers or watch Seinfeld and get life spoilers

It's artificial nostalgia that brings you back to memories that may not even have existed in the first place.

Vaportrap, mallsoft, Utopian Virtual and Seapunk

Through the description of the PolyCorp album on YouTube lol

What do you do for fun?

Make different types of art

Virtual Cafe Awards

I Kno

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
ikno.bandcamp.com

- Don't watch enough to tell you tbh lol.

- Vaporwave is pretty much just a really fascinating genre in the way the music, art, and community is. I'ts just something that I have a huge fascination about and love to be in.

- Future Funk, Lo Fi, and of course classic Vaporwave.

- Got an email and thought I'd check it out cause it looked interesting lol.

What do you do for fun?

- Make music (even though I do it more than just for fun), watch anime, Photoshop, and draw occasionally.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TheMPW

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I'm Matt. I'm a teacher, I've got an awesome daughter who's 2. I write lo-go folk and video game music. I love chiptune. I love VGM that grooves hard, mixed meters always fun too.

I just started up a charity cause called, "EPs for Charity" in which I'll release weekly VGM EPs and donate all proceeds to Sloan Kettering for cancer research, a cause that's very important to me. I've lost a few to cancer, and I really want to give back through my music.

Lost Lands

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I haven't watched actual TV since the 2000s and I don't like sitcoms, I'm sorry

Honestly I'm new to the genre but it's blown my mind and toppled my expectations. It's everything I want from Liminal space videos and hours of watching VHS recorded 80s commercials, but as music.

A lot appeal to me, it's based on mood I think. Mallsoft and Late Night Lofi hit my aesthetic bone just right. Broken Transmission and "Utopian Virtual" are incredible when the craving is right. But sometimes you need some energy, so I'll reach for Vaportrap or Future Funk. I'm always up for different experiences.

The vaporwave subreddit

What do you do for fun?
Listen to and read about music, board games and spend time with my dear wife.

1worldarts

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts: Mike from 1worldarts

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? Parker Lewis Can't Lose

What does Vaporwave mean to you? Japanese music that is old but feels so fresh and new.

What subgenres are you most into? I don't know

How did you find out about this place? a friend

What do you do for fun? Release licensed limited edition vinyl records of Japanese 80's bands.

leyvua

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hey! I´m Leyvua. Dj, producer and classical guitarist from Mexico City.
Found this site just googling "vaporwave forum" lol. For me, Vaporwave is an art based on retro, computational, glitchy, paradisiacal and chill vibes.
I´ve been a huge fan of this form of art trough its music and visuals since I was 13 Years old and I hope to make some great internet friends here, and discover vaporwave art creators and their creations <3

riledotcom

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Riledotcom and so happy to be here!

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? Do we consider Arrested Development a sitcom? It's in no way accurate, but I don't know of any sitcoms featuring someone nearing 30 who's quietly married to their best friend and just enjoying life to the fullest, so I want to pick something quality (at least for the first 3 seasons).

What does Vaporwave mean to you? Vaporwave really lets me visit other places and times in my mind. I've always been fascinated with the dregs of the past - late 90s computer aesthetics, dying malls, vintage video games - and vaporwave really captures all of that better than any other genre.

What subgenres are you most into? I'm equally devoted to mallsoft and future funk; starting to get familiar with the other subgenres and will likely have new favorites in no time!

How did you find out about this place? I was referred here by another user from the Twitch chat of Flamingo Fest, one of the most fun livestreaming events I have ever attended.

What do you do for fun? I write, read, play video games, hike, work out, cook, and enjoy life with my best friend and our pair of 65 pound rescue mutts. :)

djskrtskrt

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

probably the boondocks
uhhhhh idk it's jus some good ass music lol
FUTURE-FUNK and VAPORTRAP
AWGE FORUM
What do you do for fun?
make shit

ethermane

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
it's the kind of music i want to become a master of. since middle school, spending hours on the internet finding and listening to albums and seeing the beautiful artwork that went along with them. everything from the sound to the visual aesthetic of vaporwave and it's many subgenres have enchanted me since the first time i heard macintosh 420. I only hope to do the same for those who come after me :)
future funk, mallsoft, synthwave, classic vaporwave, seapunk

Darkfez

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Vaporwave is true nostalgia to me most of the time. I was a teen in the '80s, so much of the music that is reworked as vw I heard for the first time back when it was released. Vaporwave is an idealized look back at lost times.

Favorite subgenres: mallsoft, city pop, latenight lo-fi, climate wave.

supergraveboy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi there! This forum looks great! Wonderful design. I just started listening to vaporwave about a year ago. My first exposure was through minidisc, which I've obsessed over since the technology was available in the US. I noticed that musicians were releasing their music on minidisc recently, and the predominate genre was vaporwave. It was love at first listen.

Vaporwave is falling asleep on the couch outside of the changing room while my mom tried on clothes in the 80s and 90s. It's strolling through the mall with the smell of the food court in the air and tossing pennies into the fountain. It's wondering who takes care of all the indoor palm trees. It's the light coming in through the glass ceiling. Vaporwave is realizing that something from past has more meaning, and is more important, than I ever could have realized when I was there.

I enjoy mallsoft the most. Future funk makes me happy sometimes. Even though they're not necessarily subgenres, I do enjoy synthwave and witch house.

Following artists and labels on Twitter, the forum was suggested to me.

What do you do for fun?
I enjoy collecting and repairing old technology, mostly video games, audio equipment, and computers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Z0diacK

NOT A SCHIZO
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! This forum site looks really good, I've never really joined a forum so this is a first for me too. And I'm going to be honest, I don't watch sitcoms, so I have honestly no clue which one I'd choose, I am sorry.

What does vaporwave mean to you?
Good question, vaporwave for me is more to chill to, but, let's just say I am mostly a chill person, so I listen to it very much. It makes me feel a certain way, like, going back in time, going back to T H E G O L D E N D A Y S what is called the 80s, as that sort off vibe gives off vaporwave to me.

What subgenres are you into?
I'm into a couple, not too much, I really love synthwave, and japanese 80s type vaporwave and especially nightwave. Future funk is my place to go sometimes. And philosophywave.

How did you find this forum?
I was browsing 4chan and someone posted this randomly in a thread of the paranormal board named /x/, so i decided to check and it looks amazing.

What do you do for fun?
I like working out alot, running, learning about history and philosophy, nightwalking alot, go to parties (not right now because of corona), next to that, I do other stuff but that's not considered something I must do.

Virtual Cafe Awards

supergraveboy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! This forum site looks really good, I've never really joined a forum so this is a first for me too. And I'm going to be honest, I don't watch sitcoms, so I have honestly no clue which one I'd choose, I am sorry.

Good question, vaporwave for me is more to chill to, but, let's just say I am mostly a chill person, so I listen to it very much. It makes me feel a certain way, like, going back in time, going back to T H E G O L D E N D A Y S what is called the 80s, as that sort off vibe gives off vaporwave to me.

What subgenres are you into?
I'm into a couple, not too much, I really love synthwave, and japanese 80s type vaporwave and especially nightwave. Future funk is my place to go sometimes. And philosophywave.

How did you find this forum?
I was browsing 4chan and someone posted this randomly in a thread of the paranormal board named /x/, so i decided to check and it looks amazing.

What do you do for fun?
I like working out alot, running, learning about history and philosophy, nightwalking alot, go to parties (not right now because of corona), next to that, I do other stuff but that's not considered something I must do.
Welcome!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life.
I don't really watch sitcoms, I can't get through them due to my dopamine-overdosed zoomer brain.
It makes me happy, that's all I really need to say.
Future Funk maybe, I'm still exploring new genres of music.
Originally from /mu/ , but I didn't bother looking further into it, until I heard about it again on the /x/ board, which is when I decided to actually check it out.
What do you do for fun?
Vidya, art.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TakZero

Anxious
Reaction score
1.What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
It would be probably Zeke and Luther
2.What does Vaporwave mean to you?
It's pretty nostalgic to me, I grew up seeing lot of stuff that inspires this music/art genre,
3.What subgenres are you most into?
NUWRLD, Future Funk, Utopian Virtual and classic vapor,
4.How did you find out about this place?
I got email,
5.What do you do for fun?
I play games, watch films, make vaporwave, listen to music, do photos and much more!KaReNwInK

Last edited:

vaporghoul

どこにいますか?
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
I've never introduced myself here so I guess I could now.
it's the more experimental and different side of me akin to my music taste.

Hypnogogic Drift, Signal Wave, Post Internet, Classic Style vapor, as well as vaporgoth.

I just looked up vaporwave forum lol

What do you do for fun?
I love to just hang and chill with friends and discuss stuff, as well as music discussion and a fuck ton of survival minecraft.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TheRavenfreak

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Honestly I didn't watch too many sitcoms so I can't really answer this one. :p

Hmm... I enjoy retro synthwave music so it gives me a sense of nostalgia. Brings back many great memories of being a kid. I was born in 1990 but I always said I was born in the wrong decade. xD

Definitely Future Funk!

I was browsing the SMF support forum and came across the link in DreadPirateRoberts' profile.

What do you do for fun?
I love playing video games, and I enjoy rom hacking too.

Blokebuster

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?

Although it's not a sitcom, I'd say Moonlighting... but the third and fourth seasons: when things don't seem to go as planned and for some reasons you can't be with the girl you love.

It's a way to distract from the pain of everyday life, relaxing with some emotional and nostalgic sensations.

I'm into the classic sample-based vaporwave, but I love late night lo-fi as well

I made a lockdown-based album, uploaded it on Bandcamp and revceived a mysterious email ;):oops:

What do you do for fun?

Lose myself

Virtual Cafe Awards

dexthguxrd

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
-Cars 2

To this holy temple, where

Your lovely apple grove stands,

And your altars that flicker

With incense.

And below the apple branches, cold

Clear water sounds, everything shadowed

By roses, and sleep that falls from

Bright shaking leaves.

-Synthwave
-Lofi
-French House

-The URL was carved right above my favorite urinal

What do you do for fun?
-Attempt to make music that describes feelings I never had, that I can only dream of