Introduce yourself!

LvPvS

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

What subgenres are you most into?

How did you find out about this place?

What do you do for fun?
Stark Raving Mad, kinda weird they cancelled it tbh

To me vaporwave is hard to put in to words what it means to me, it's more an experience or a state of being, it's like disassociating from too much Nyquil in an airport.

As for subgenres I'm really into Oceangrunge , Acid House, and whatever Death's Dynamic Shroud wmv is doing (Machine Girl and Sewerslvt are also sick)

I found this place when it was mentioned in a youtube video, I wish I could remember what one it was but I'm blanking on it atm.

For fun I like to casually research interesting topics like Psychedelics, Esotericism, Politics, etc and I try to write as much as possible

Also go check out the game Cruelty Squad, it's better than all the ISIS beheading videos in the world

Junious

Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Monty Python's Flying Circus, a little bit of edge, politically cynical, picking and choosing time period to exist in based on convenience
I listened to vaporwave on last.fm a lot when I was a programmer back in the day.
not quite sure, I am more of a casual user
zalaz alaza
What do you do for fun?
Building up my home stockyard. I got a horse, donkeys, sheep, chickens, and guinea fowl. I am working on my construction style I call "Khayalitsha" after a massive informal settlement I spent a bunch of time in where I learned about building with what you have. I use the scraps from the bottom of the wood pile to build surrealistic interpretations of gates and fencing. My place looks like a solar powered viking encampment, with roundwood, rough cut, and planed lumber sharing space, wires running on poles that are simply forked hardwood sticks, but a centralized aesthetic of recycled surrealism. Weird angles, weird structures.

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
My place looks like a solar powered viking encampment, with roundwood, rough cut, and planed lumber sharing space, wires running on poles that are simply forked hardwood sticks, but a centralized aesthetic of recycled surrealism. Weird angles, weird structures.
This sounds really cool, you should make a thread about it and post some pictures.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Concept

Do Not Observe
Reaction score
Awards
Hello, I'm old enough to habitually lie about all personal information.
I have never owned a television in my life.
I don't know what that is.
Nomothetic.
I did not.
What do you do for fun?
I do not.

gameless

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I've never been a big TV fan so my sitcom knowledge is not enough to make any kind of comparison.

Even though I wasn't aware of its inception, I was very aware of its meme origins in 2010s. I then decided to dig deeper and I had found that Vaporwave was much more than a meme. The music was just perfect. So even though Vaporwave today has a status of a meme, to me it is a representation of good times and, most importantly, good music.

City pop.

Late night internet adventures. Randomly found this place.

What do you do for fun?

Practice Mixed Martial Arts, programming, video editing, raving etc.

Michaelsoft_Binbows

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
...I feel dumb but whats a sitcom?
chill vibez
I like driveahead, robostep, stuff like that
I was drawn in by an epty internet youtube video. To think that I may have never found this gem otherwise...*shudders*
What do you do for fun? I mostly play videogames and read manga. outside of that I like digging up remnants of the internet old and working out.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LordChim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone! I'm Lord Chim and I'm a sad adult who can't let go of the past. I create art in both blender and Photoshop and one day you might even see some. Hit me up when it comes to old horror games! ;)

I can't say that I can describe my life with a sitcom but uhhh...Spaced?

A lot actually. I fell in love with the genre a few years ago and have amassed a decent sized colection of cassettes/vinyl.

Future Funk, Vaportrap, Utopian Virtual, and Hypnagogic just to name a few. :)

Besides vaporwave subgenres I enjoy just about every genre besides Country...sorry.

I can't really remember. Twitter maybe.

What do you do for fun?

I play a lot of PS1 games that I missed out on. I also love watching some old anime OVA's.

LordChim

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Sounds like good thread material! How old are we talking about?
Lots of PS1/Saturn/Dreamcast games though I've been getting interested in some PC-98 games as well. Yeah, a thread about this could be kinda fun for me!

Dynamis

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Wuddup people? Excellent message board, can't remember the last message board I posted on. Probably Something Awful 10 years ago. I hope we all have a good time. I will show you my music eventually. 1 2 3 alright lets go

Power Rangers. I am a power ranger

A way to return to the past

Future funk. Especially Night Tempo, I was at his first American show actually.

Can't remember but it is a v e r y cool place

What do you do for fun?

Guitar, synthesizer, martial arts

Sleepyhead

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Vaporwave is only music, near as I can figure.
Vaporwave isn't actually music at all, it's better thought of as a tool used to peek beyond accepted paradigms and wash out some perceptual biases.

Vaporwave as a has regrettably passed me by thus far. Of what little I have listened to, I enjoy dreampunk(?) a la GOLDEN LIVING ROOM's New Nostalgia.

I followed a link in a post from a long-dead imageboard. I forget which one. Agora Road caught my eye, so I thought I'd give this place a shot! I've never posted on a forum before, so forgive me if I flub on any etiquette. Or don't, I gotta learn somehow!

I'm a perennial lurker, I spend too much time trying to deny mundane reality, and I never really got over my edgy teenage Discordianism phase. Interests include digital art, music, and the outdoors. Nightwalking and dreams are my main spiritual outlets. Talking about weird shit is a good time.

I am lonely and sad. Please be my friend.

pamplone

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi there,
My username is pamplone. It's been a while i was looking to a kind of community to share ideas and music.

never have any interest for sitcom so it will be hard for me to illustrate my life like this.

an attempt to create new form of music based on pure emotion, out of time.

dreampunk, dark ambient, all kind of stuff...

I've recently been mindblown by the fresh air from St. Francis II

i must confess : from >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?

riding bike, walking, walking a lot

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hate to say, but I'm a complete philistine when it comes to anything TV-related, so I'll have to go with all that I know, and that'd be 'Family Guy' - sorry sorry.

Hiraeth. Longing for a time that may have never existed but which is associated with the past.

Contemporary classical, electronic classical, and most stuff pre-1900 - particularly Dvorak and Lyapunov. Otherwise, some anime songs aren't bad.

Probably one of the chans, though I can't honestly recall. I off and on lurked here for a bit over a year.

What do you do for fun?

Shooting targets (FN FAL and Lee Enfield Mk. 4), going for walks and hikes, writing in my journals, reading, and 2000s era strategy games.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Fractalactals

Breakbeat
Reaction score
Awards
I don't like sitcoms.

I was really into it for a while around 2015-16. I think it's cool.

I really enjoy Future Funk, I also like the sound of Blank Banshee, whatever that subgenre falls into I guess.
I much prefer ambient dnb/intelligent, which has a similar soundscape to vaporwave.
Anything drum and bass related I love.
I also really like Denpa.

I don't remember. I think I got redirected here through a comment section that was discussing Dead Internet theory.

What do you do for fun?
Online forums, music (performing and making at home, attending live events), inline speed skating, reading fiction.

Last edited:

surfthroughlife

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
- Tbh, not much of a tv guy, but I've been re-watching Avatar the Last Airbender recently and remembered how much I loved that show as a kid.

- Vaporwave for me is this nostalgia of a simpler time when we weren't exposed to the corruption of our current political and economic systems. It is an ideal in which can still be achieved through a re-orientation of incentive mechanisms through new social systems. It's a vision of a world in which we can occupy in peace and harmony with our technology.

- Perm Wave, Classic Rock, Neotraditional Country, Synthwave, Classical Ambient, Choral Gospel, Alt/Progressive Metal, Ambient Meditative.

- Was digging into the origins of Vaporwave considering I enjoy it so much and dug down some rabbit holes and now we're here :)

What do you do for fun?
- I'm quite active. I run marathons, train jiu jitsu, and lift quite a bit. Outside of that, I'm either coding, hiking, camping, or visiting new places. I also enjoy cannabis and the occasional psychedelic adventure. I enjoy going to church and have been dabbling in Greek Orthodoxy lately. I read my Bible daily and try to journal often. I also enjoy other spiritual texts outside of Christianity.

Last edited:

bluedoor13

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know enough about sitcoms to pick one that describes my life. I generally don't try to relate myself to a popular thing and I avoid following social trends and conforming to societal standards.

I am not that into music but I do like a lot of 80s stuff and the retrowave aesthetic appeals to me.

For fun I farm, write software, tinker with electronics, and help people. I would like to finish producing a PC game and someday I would like to build a giant robot.