Introduce yourself!

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Howdy,

I used to have an account here, I forgot the name (all I remember that it had an Ankha pfp(for you mods, I wasn't banned)) of it but it was around the time Nagolbud got banned. That sure was a ton of drama. I had to reorganize a lot of things for myself because the Internet kicked my social anxiety hard in those days. I sure miss the time when megaplatforms were not the only thing in town.

In all honesty I only got more into vaporwave and other internet music and art since then. I am trying to get rid of drama from my life as much as possible. Because imagine paying for an internet subscription only to get angry at what literally-whos are posting.

I love a lot of retro things, but not necessary for the reason they are old. I just enjoy the thinking and philosophy behind things. The fact that things were more experimental and less cynical. Especially since I can decide to chose to engage with certain things, on my own pace. I am not bound to trends, fads or anything similar. It's truly liberating. I would say modern tech + vintage thinking = something really cool

While the Internet has become a panopticon that breeds mentally ill people by design, at least I can get my PS1 games and chill with some DNB, phonk or whatever when I want to. I also deeply miss forums and blogs. It was fun to post about Star Trek with randos. Good times.

Lord of Woe

Class 6 Tism Demon
Reaction score
Awards
Yo,

Got pointed to this thread as a new user so here it goes.

What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
I don't have a good answer to this, not much of a TV watcher for whatever reason and the few sitcoms I'm familiar with I wouldn't say are good fits. I guess I'll say Trailer Park Boys for no other reason than its been a running joke throughout my entire adult life that I look like Ricky LaFleur. (pain)

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
I haven't really listened to much if any Vaporwave since probably 2012-2015. Even then I was never a BIG BIG Vaporwave fan, to begin with. Though I've always found the aesthetic quirks of it amusing and appealing, especially as they've developed into a cultural internet niche, even if it was never my 'core' aesthetic. Whatever that means.

What subgenres are you most into?
I fuck with the Hypnagogic stuff, as anything surreal or just generally bizarre in a musical sense appeals to me heavily. Outside of the old Vaporwave indulgences, I'm really into stuff like Mr. Bungle, Nuclear Rabbit, Frank Zappa, and so on. It's pretty rare for me to hear any music, and not find something to like about it.

How did you find out about this place?
I was looking for a weird schizothread about blacklights on /x/ from a while back and happened to stumble across a post here asking where everyone from the board went. Looked around for a bit and decided it might be a pretty chill place to blow some time on, so here I am.

What do you do for fun?
I listen to music a lot for fun whilst doing literally nothing else. Weirdly not much Vaporwave if any ever anymore, so it's a wonder that I ended up here lmfao. I like to learn about languages and go gigaspergmode to myself about linguistics on a pretty frequent basis. I do a lot of creative writing, and even run a creative writing forum that I won't advertise on the assumption that its probably not good form here to do so. Video games as well, quite a lot of video games. Mostly stuff like DotA 2 and EU4, but I've been known to mess around on whatever, barring a few IPs that I can't stand.

away from heaven

Taken Back to Heaven
Reaction score
Awards
Website
awayfromheaven.bandcamp.com
Hello

To be honest the only reason I signed up into this forum was to share my vaporwave album around (
View: https://awayfromheaven.bandcamp.com/album/doujin-mall
good vaporwave, the best around; if you knew what was good for you you would hurry and download a totally free copy right now) and then go away without a care in the world, because >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk sucks and the vaporwave subreddit is dead and no one else appears to care about vaporwave besides this place (number one result on duckduckgo for vaporwave forum, congratulations) but after I read "And you say preggolusion isn't decent and shouldn't be released, smh ricky." there where it says random agora road quotes I am quite intrigued about this place, honestly.

Aeria Gloris

Virtual Runner
Reaction score
Awards
Hello guys, I'm Aeria Gloris, it's a pleasure to be part of this community.
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

I have never been into sitcoms unfortunately.

How the present believes the past envisioned the future . A phenomena which enabled a lot of artists and listeners to dream of anemoian worlds.

I am into Slushwave (desert sand feels warm at night), Trance , Hypnagogic Drift (Computer Afterlife) , FutureFunk (The Midnight) , VaporTrap (Blank Banshee and Subaeris) , Dreampunk (old HKE and Echochamber)

The rabbithole started on lainchan on a Webring related thread. From there i web-surfed from site to site until i landed here.
There is also a nostalgic reason for why I decided to be part of this forum. Around 2010 I used to be part of an active DMC3 modding forum and everyday after middleschool classes I used to lurk and participate in the modding there.

What do you do for fun?

Programming (web) , but I'm still a junior. Vidya (rpgs , ps2 rpgs, indie walking simulators), gym, swimming, kickboxing .

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

stonehead

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
argusarts.com
Hello, I'm Stonehead. Believe it or not, it's because I like rocks, not because I like drugs.

Mostly just the normie stuff honestly. I like St Pepsi. I like some Future Funk stuff to, like Dan Mason

It was some thread on hidden web gems. I forget exactly which one because I've been lurking for a while.

What do you do for fun?

I like Rhythm Games and Danmaku Shooters. I like drawing but I'm an amateur, and programming but that's also my day job. I also really like hiking.

Theologian-kun

Pimp Shrimping M.D.
Reaction score
Awards
Hard to say, as I don't really watch sitcoms.

It is an art form that uses retro-futurism themes to express emotion and creativity, especially nostalgia. Though my explanation may sound cut and dry I do dearly love it, I just prefer to keep explanations simple.

Future funk, dark synth, and (not sure if this one counts but) City Pop

Strangely enough, I was trying to find out what graphic engine was use to make vaporwave/Y2K art and I stumbled upon this website instead. Not a bad find I must say.

What do you do for fun?

I kick dusty computers till they work and I read dustier books about gods.

RussiaSushi

Russia Sushi Delcious and Cheap
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself:

Its not cancelled but oh well Curb Your Enthusiasm

Helps me both relax and get work done. Opened my eyes to a loads of new forms of music and changed my perspective completely on what type of music i enjoy listening to!

Signal Wave , Future Funk, Late night lo-fi

4chan....

What do you do for fun?
Graffiti, Hobbie home lab, mycology and of course anime!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself:

Helps me both relax and get work done. Opened my eyes to a loads of new forms of music and changed my perspective completely on what type of music i enjoy listening to!

4chan....

What do you do for fun?
Based DRRR enjoyer. Very rare nowadays

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself:

4chan....

What do you do for fun?
yo is that a durarara gif at the bottom of your post i see?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Solara16

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not a big expert on sitcoms, but I've always wanted to watch Seinfeld in full.

Is it just lift music or nostalgia about the belief in a bright future that we had recently? Something in between I guess.

I think Mallsoft vaporwave.

I accidentally saw it somewhere and put it in my bookmarks. There's so much on the Internet today, you can't keep track of everything

What do you do for fun?
I like reading manga and street walking videos from Japan.

Virtual Cafe Awards

solarcorp

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
solarcorp.bandcamp.com
Hi, I'm solar corp, which is also the artist alias I've been producing vaporwave under since the beginning of this Summer.

What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
I've always related with Fry from Futurama if that counts as a sitcom.

The most appealing aspect of Vaporwave to me is the recontextualizing of existing music, whether it be telling a story through existing recordings (like Corp's News at 11 album), or creating a unique atmosphere that's much different from the source material. I've had a weird relationship with vaporwave over the years too, I used to be obsessed with stuff like Vektroid and Blank Banshee back in like 2016, but lost interest until around the time Death's Dynamic Shroud's Faith in Persona came out last year. I got hooked again once I started getting into the various high-concept projects by DDS and Christtt.

eccojams, broken transmission, nuwrld, some hardvapour

I actually just googled "vaporwave forums" looking for somewhere to talk about it and talk to other musicians.

What do you do for fun?
Make music, play games on Steam (mostly tf2), and recently I've started editing photos in GIMP for album/ep covers but I've never been great with visuals.

komorebi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
>What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
3rd rock from the sun

>What does Vaporwave mean to you?
nostalgia and comfy

>What subgenres are you most into?
i dont listen to a lot of vaporwave but i like liquid and ambient dnb a lot

>How did you find out about this place?
i found the black carpet thread from /x/ i think ages ago, browsed the forum but never joined, then a friend recently mentioned the place to me so i decided to make an account

>What do you do for fun?
runescape, listen to paranormal radio/streams/videos, anime, hang out with my cat or doggo. i browse /x/ and other 4chan boards sometimes out of habit but it isnt the same. use twitter and discord too.

onesomeone

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?

hey, the last good sitcom i watched was seinfeld i think, also when it doesnt describe my life. i didnt watch tv for many years now. cuz once i chose to not watch tv anymore :)

dont know Vapormave yet, nor its subs, but will take a listen when my headset arrives.

i found this place through the NBA. a top gamer led the way to the very interesting post of IlluminatiPirate.

i read much as a hobby, listen to music and look forward to basketball again.

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not familiar with sitcoms, so unfortunately I don't have an answer :(

Unfortunately I'm also not super familiar with vaporwave, I've only listened to a couple of songs of it in the past, and they all sounded very pleasant and cold, like a rainy night.

How I found this place was the really basic way it seems, and it was through that one post regarding the theory of "Dead Internet". Someone had sent me a link of it, and then I just started scrolling through the forums and liked the civility of it.

What I do for fun is everything that uses creativity: visual art, video-games, writing, etc etc etc.

kiwishinshi

Kiwi 紳士
Reaction score
Awards
皆さん、はじめまして、Kiwi 紳士です。We are a vaporwave duo. We create our own music and then turn it into vaporwave. Here are introductions from both of us:

Sam: "Sam is my name, music is my game. I create music, explore mixing and mastering techniques, and occasionally create VST audio plugins. I'm a fan of EDM, in particular, future house, future bass, anything that is supposedly of the future, though I like music of all genres, beyond vaporwave and EDM. Vaporwave is a paralyzing machinition of dystopian synthesis with entrancing rhythmical accompaniment."

Ben: "I am first and foremost a drummer, but also an amateur pianist and guitarist. I make electronic music for fun sometimes. I like jazz a lot, but more significantly, I like music that incorporates jazz harmony. It's hard for me to say exactly what vaporwave means to me, so without writing an essay, I'll say that to me, it is a very interesting and fun genre to deconstruct that is quite markedly and uniquely a product of the digital and internet age. It provides me some good listening experiences, but also introduces me to music I would never have come across otherwise, revealing often interesting source material. As for vaporwave subgenres, I am a fan of barber beats and some ambient vaporwave, and the odd album here and there from different subgenres."

We found out about this forum by invitation through an email.

RussiaSushi

Reaction score
Awards
Based DRRR enjoyer. Very rare nowadays
Yeah gotta say i only actually watched it recently about 2 months ago but love the series one of my favourite other than Spice and wolf

Virtual Cafe Awards

RussiaSushi

Reaction score
Awards
yo is that a durarara gif at the bottom of your post i see?
Yeee one of my favourite anime's i have watched so far other than spice and wolf!

Virtual Cafe Awards

natebane

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
-- Seinfeld except with cannabis

-- Is this like a new way to cook stuff like with a microwave?

-- Wait, is vaporwave a type of genre? Where am I? I'm a 90's kid, so anything from that era I have nostalgia for, like this website layout.

-- I'm a traveler of the internet and find myself on many obscure websites. I basically click everything...

What do you do for fun?

-- Psychedelics, women, creating a new paradigm for human organization that will overtake Capitalism, Communism and etc.

Virgiltosh

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don't watch sitcoms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vaporwave is not one tangible thing. It is very hard to describe, but you know it when you hear it in music, or see it in images.

Synthwave/Retrowave> Just like the rest of the vaporwave genre, it at least evokes a sense of nostalgia, and at most, allows you to transcend your circumstances and imagine a better space. And while vaporwave is still a good portion 80s era content, Synthwave is entirely 80s style. Also, in my personal opinion, pretty hard to beat the synth.

I do not remember how I got here.

What do you do for fun?
Nerd on about computers, imagine better circumstances, think about how I got here, play with my dog, browse the internet, play computer games, all while listening to vaporwave.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life.
Seinfeld

What does vaporwave mean to you.
Vaporware for me has always given me a nostalgic feeling, and I think it's the start of a larger trend in internet music. A trend defined by the nostalgic feeling its music gives.

What subgenre are you most into
I don't necessarily have one a couple I'm most interested in but, right now I'm listening to a lot of future funk.

How did you find the place.

I was looking for just a vaporware forum, and found so much more.

What do you do for fun
I play games. Mainly of the tabletop and video variety but, I also like to play some sports and other outdoor games from time to time. I just really like games.

Virtual Cafe Awards