Introduce yourself!

Reaction score
Awards
blinkiesCafe-13.gif

What subgenres are you most into?
Almost exclusively visual-kei.
How did you find out about this place?
I honestly don't remember. I think I received a link from a discord server i'm in.
What do you do for fun?
I make music, though, it gets tiring after a while. Hey, it's hard to come up with lyrics ! >.<

Last edited:

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Screenshot_20221122-184213~2.png

you tell me, retard

Virtual Cafe Awards

Gouranga!

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everybody. Got recommended this place by a friend. I was having issues with getting a verification email, but it seems that I'm verified now? Guess it fixed itself.

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

Heil Honey, I'm Home

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

I like when Vaporwave artists are earnest in their love of 80s/90s/early 2000s culture. I came of age in the 2000s, and it was the last time life truly felt fun, for me at least. It's not a rose-tinted glasses situation I think either, because I can point you to tech, games, music, etc. That was happening back then, and it was moving and vibrant. Tech and games aren't nearly as fun or interesting anymore.

Does Steve Jobs vaporwave exist

Through a friend.

What do you do for fun?

I play Metal Gear Solid V and old GTA a lot. I also just got an Apple Extended Keyboard II.

FoxyBoxingKaiju

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: Hi I'm Foxy. I'm new. I'm married and I work in security. I often wonder why straight dudes make so many gay jokes.

That 70s show. Part Hyde, part Eric, part Kelso, feeling more like Red every day. I like that in Red you see an example of a good dad in his parenting style towards Eric and an example of a bad dad in his parenting style towards Laurie. Throughout the show you see them both turn out how you'd expect.

Cool retro aesthetic. Lots of pastels. Sampled beats with cassette warble. Chill vibes.

I listen to a lot of different music. I don't really pay attention to sub genres but in terms of vaporwave i really like Eyeliner, blank banshee and Com Truise. I've also been really enjoying Donny Benet lately.

Linked to a forum post from /x/ tbh.

What do you do for fun?
Work out, play music, drink, go to gigs, nap.

Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: Hi I'm Foxy. I'm new. I'm married and I work in security. I often wonder why straight dudes make so many gay jokes.

That 70s show. Part Hyde, part Eric, part Kelso, feeling more like Red every day. I like that in Red you see an example of a good dad in his parenting style towards Eric and an example of a bad dad in his parenting style towards Laurie. Throughout the show you see them both turn out how you'd expect.

Cool retro aesthetic. Lots of pastels. Sampled beats with cassette warble. Chill vibes.

I listen to a lot of different music. I don't really pay attention to sub genres but in terms of vaporwave i really like Eyeliner, blank banshee and Com Truise. I've also been really enjoying Donny Benet lately.

Linked to a forum post from /x/ tbh.

What do you do for fun?
Work out, play music, drink, go to gigs, nap.
that's a unique introduction, welcome to the sandbox.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Skorp

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Jeez, a curveball right out the gates. My life's too average to feature in any sitcom, cancelled or otherwise, but a hilairous low-stakes lifestyle straight out of Red Dwarf would be awesome. Despite technically still running, I hardly consider it the same show it once was.

Uh oh. Uhhh.... it's one of those genres from my colossal musical history blindspots.

Prog/hard/classical rock, as well as a touch of mid-20th century blues. Hard to beat a well-recorded live show from one of the greats. I'm only disappointed I'll never be able to see them myself.

A link in an article linked in a 4chan post, a real stroke of luck.

What do you do for fun?

I enjoy bushwalking, films & TV, military history and science fiction, though with so many options in our wonderful world I'm sure that list will expand.

start-stop

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
the-yum-depot.tumblr.com
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
The IT Crowd.

From a visual standpoint, it's a bridge reuniting the greatness of past civilizations with the brightness of expected futures.

Parsing results from a search engine lead me to this very place.

What do you do for fun?
I'm into video editing, digital illustration and web programming but I don't mind going for lengthy walks on a day off.

Leomon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately, I don't watch that many sitcoms
Just a cool aesthetic/music genre to get lost in.
Future funk and late night lofi, and simpsonswave if you count that
Was looking for a nice vaporwave forum
What do you do for fun?
I like art and diving into obscure rabbit holes

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Unfortunately, I don't watch that many sitcoms
Just a cool aesthetic/music genre to get lost in.
Future funk and late night lofi, and simpsonswave if you count that
Was looking for a nice vaporwave forum
What do you do for fun?
I like art and diving into obscure rabbit holes

Based vaportaste. If you're into future funk, have you ever tried listening to any 1970s Japanese jazz-fusion? If not (or even if so), check out All of Me by Masayoshi Takanaka! You'll see why people say "future funk isn't a real genre," but aside from the pedantry it's some gorgeous music that you'll enjoy, I'd bet.

You should post some of your art, if you'd feel comfortable!

Virtual Cafe Awards

SubPulse

mostly wrong all of the time
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings fellow travelers! I decided to enter this domain because I wanted to a place to share my music that wasn't a part of the ungodly realms of instagram, facebook, meta whatever... and meet some other interesting human beings and maybe, i dunno, help plant the seeds for a new human epoch?

King of the Hill. I was Dale once.

taking things that were, sublimating them, giving them new life in a new context, striving for something better

gosh in regards to VW; Mallsoft, whatever Begotten is considered. In everything else; Drone, IDM, Free Jazz, Outsider Music, Canterbury Prog, Ambient, Math and Post Rock

Revelation (through some mallsoft albums on youtube)

What do you do for fun?
read, write, spend time outdoors, music (ofc), theologize, self criticize, complain about the Kali Yuga, prepare for the apocalypse etc...

nezuchi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
pinchese.github.io
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
i don't really watch anything besides anime and movies so i can't really say anything about sitcoms
but i really enjoyed the fresh prince of bel air, meant a lot to me, and like how they quieted the laugh tracks for more serious moments.
more sitcoms should do that. i like when the characters' emotions speak for themselves and aren't played for laughs.

to me it's just a chill genre to kinda forget about life to.
listening to it takes me to a place beyond this realm of existence
which is pretty sick.

i also really like retro music, lol

in regards to vaporwave, i don't really have much to say here
don't know much about vaporwave genres, i just know it sounds cool

in regards to everything else though,
i listen to a lot of jungle and acid, and old house music
also classic hip hop.
(when i said i liked retro music, i meant it)

i was browsing a wikia about aesthetic styles,
found the one for neoy2k, and saw this place listed there
decided to check it out, lurk for a bit, decided i like it here
:NekoNatsukiCute:

What do you do for fun?
i compose and produce electronic music
mostly jungle and techno, but i dabble in trance and neurobass sometimes.
i also vj and do music visualizations

can't wait to interact with you people here a bit more! seems fun :agsmile:

BobDobalina

Mr Dobalina if ur nasty
Reaction score
Awards
What's up party people??!! This forum looks awesome, glad I found you!!

Seinfeld. There's unintentional comedy everywhere, just have to keep you eyes open!

Fond memories of a simpler time. Lambos, cocaine and analog capitalism.

Not sure, still exploring

Searching for something of substance in this empty nothingness of a digital reality we live in.

What do you do for fun?
Smoke meat, consume media, tinker with audio equipment, failed cryptominer

Virtual Cafe Awards

capncrunch

A 2600hz tone will be emitted for 3 seconds.
Reaction score
Awards
Website
dic.nicovideo.jp
Hey everyone. I found this site whilst putting off my university homework. Not-so-coincidentally, I registered while putting off my homework, and now it's happening again. I think it's going to be a recurring theme for me.

At first I was going to say 'Malcom In The Middle', but I think if you're any middle class kid of any kind from the US, that show is at least somewhat relatable.
So I'm gonna go a bit more out of bounds here. I have no idea what this show is called, and I have no idea if it's still running. But a few years back I saw my mom watching this show featuring a few girls very loudly commentating on something while violently irish dancing. I was a competitive irish dancer when I was younger and I find myself getting overexcited about things I love too easily, so I'm pretty sure this is as close as it'll get. BTW, I never had any desire to go back and find it, but if you recognize this concept let me know because now I'm genuinely curious, lol.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? / What subgenres are you most into?
I'll be honest, the Vaporwave genre in a vacuum isn't really a primary musical interest for me and I'm really out of the loop these days, but I have good memories. I remember listening to Eccojams and of course Lisa Frank 420 years and years and years ago, and from a visual perspective naturally Windows 95 is excellent but I think that mostly stems from my interest in small websites and 'old web' aesthetics. My favorite genres of music in general include vocarock, 2000's and noise-y electronic music, and generally anything funky. That throws a pretty wide net but I'll make up for it with an older recommendation! 彼方此方 by DATEKEN

I've stumbled in here a few times at this point. It was probably an imageboard? I'm not really an imageboard person anymore and most of the anonymous sites I still post on are more "communities that happen to exist on imageboards" rather than being strictly ib communities... anyway I'm rambling so let's say I found the forums on accident lol

What do you do for fun?
I love building antennas and using my radio, illustration and motion graphics, and of course, despite everything, I still really love using the internet :]

Thanks for having me.

Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.scitzoe.com
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? probably southpark crude and degenerative but sometimes smart.

probably the song macintosh plus or anything retro apple computers and pink

i dont know the names to half of the then. probably whatever osamu saito does

Mel herself whispered it to me in a dream

What do you do for fun?
computers mostly im certified in a few things i also like plants and enjoy tarantulas

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dotarius

Prosecuted Gamer
Reaction score
Awards
M.A.S.H.
Despite best intentions ending up nowhere good and making jokes while having a overall bad time and not really making much of a difference on yourself or the world.
Neat aesthetic and equally neat music though aesthetic wise I prefer the monochrome haxor aesthetic but in amber rather than green
Sci-Fi Filk is pretty neat
4Chan ad and yeah "best kept secret" that's a joke right?
What do you do for fun?
editing comics in photoshop, vidya games, drinking, wandering out into the cold night, listening to miku and sometimes a combination of those things

Virtual Cafe Awards

I-330

certified loon
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i330.dev
Sup yall.

A series of unfortunate events.

Both a vibing musical genre, and a cool genre of art

Classic and hardvapour

Between you and me, let's just say I know a dude.

What do you do for fun?
Hiking, camping, listening to music and tinkering.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Snooper

Peelopaalu Janny
Reaction score
Awards
Website
s.neocities.org
Hi, I'm Snooper. I decided to check this forum out more in depth after visiting it some time ago when someone recommended I add it to my link directory/aggregator called Peelopaalu.

I'm not much into vapourwave music or the aesthetic all that much, but I do have a massive soft spot for small online communities. From what I've seen lurking on here, you guys seem pretty chill and I figured dropping in here to have a look around could be fun. What's the worst that could happen? (inb4doxed).

In my spare time, I like to explore the web for interesting and obscure websites, repair weird old quartz wristwatches from the 1970's with horrific service documentation, and I very occasionally keep a blog about these things when I can be assed to update it. I'm also a huge fan of isometric pixel art, weird art in general and koalas.

Oh, and I also still use a phone with a physical keyboard in [CURRENT YEAR], because I'm insane and was a Blackberry die-hard for 17 years who never learned to type on a touch-screen device. (I currently use a Unihertz Titan, if anyone gives a shit.)

titan1.png

Thanks for having me!

Alone

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
None

good music for relaxing.

Retrowave

In a thread on anon.cafe/cyber/

What do you do for fun?
I read books or comic books, play video games, watch movie or series, listen to music

Vuzz

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I dont really watch TV sorry

To me, its just nice relaxing music

retrowave!

learning up on dead internet and found the post on here during that process

What do you do for fun?
I love flying, im in the process of getting my medical certificate (the FAA can suck my cock) so that I can start flight training. I also enjoy cooking, vidya (Tarkov lately), playing with my cats and learning more about computers.

Always a nice feeling to find a new forum to post in :melhpy: