Introduce yourself!

systemformat

Local error code 404
Reaction score
Website
ko-fi.com
hello, ^^)/ hope to discover more music and vibe with everyone ♡

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life??
I dont watch sit coms haaa....

what does vaporware mean to you?
really good question!! vaporwave means peace, its rhythm is soothing and well the entire genre actually holds a special place in my heart. Discovered it when I was at rock bottom. ♡

what sub genres are you most into?
Death dream, utopian virtual, new age, future funk, dreamwave, lofi, house, future funk, whatever haircuts for men does lol

how did you find out about this place?
Twitter. Following the admin.

what do you do for fun?
Make playlists, host vaporwave raves, animate, crochet, read, meditate.

wick

monkey enthusiast
Reaction score
im wick.

professional, human being, and considered one of the 7 wonders of the world.
i like music, and small websites that hurt your eyes.
ill float around.

paradox

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Sorry guys, i don't watch sitcoms :/
What does Vaporwave mean to you?
Vaporwave is for my like a new way to see the world around me.
What subgenres are you most into?
I'm really into the classic style.
How did you find out about this place?
Searching on reddit.
What do you do for fun?
I make music, from vaporwave to lo-fi.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Digi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I have no idea. Tho I'm gonna go blindfolded with... uhh... Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?
To me, vaporwave is a philosophy. The genre is so allover the place and anyone can choose their favorite subgenre. It's Art.
Late Night Lofi, Mallsoft, FutureFunk
Found it through a >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk post on r/vaporwave, linking to "best of 2020 vaporwave"
What do you do for fun?
I make vaporwave music. And I mean a lot. I'm a hard working vaporwave musician and so far I have an album per month.

Reaction score
Awards
Salutations,

I am Chronos the Mad. I am a shamanistic fan of the Vaporwave life style. I create analog mixtape experiences that associate with art that I create. I make art and have an obsession for the esoteric digital landscape. I am a man of poor taste and bulky hobbies. I am a student of Latin, Medicine, Philosophy, and Accountancy. The Web of Wyrd is a huge part of my spirituality. Thank you all for having a community like this, I Am grateful to take part in it.

seinfeld, I love coffee and analyzing things that don't matter.

it's a mental Island I love to visit when I'm vibing.

future funk, acid jazz, anything that predicts the future or current state of affairs.

Like a Stick floating on the shoulders of an algorithmic stream

What do you do for fun?

I make Mixtapes
I make Art
I trust in the Web
I go to the Beach
I abuse Internet algorithms

Virtual Cafe Awards

ElPepsi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Personally, I have a lot of good memories of the Malcom In The Middle series, I'm very attached to it. Even if I don't really watch a sitcom, at least it's very rare.

What does the Vaporwave mean to you?
Personally, I like very much the music that is at the origin of this genre. But for me, it's more than that, it's like a philosophy and a message.

I sometimes listen to Synthwave, or even Lo-fi / Chillwave even if they are different genres. I also like Future Funk and City Pop.

I was looking for a group of people with the same tastes as me and I came across this group, I'm very happy that chance did this thing

What do you do for fun?
I like to play early Sonic or Pokémon games from the 2000s. Sometimes I play sports and ride my bike. I like to listen to music (especially the Vaporwave by the way)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Artbreaker

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
The Office

Vibes.

That's a loaded question, as I listen to almost everything.

Twitter

What do you do for fun?
Wish for death while only marginally keeping myself from dying.

M I

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I don't really like sitcoms...
At it's best it means escapism to me

Mallsoft, utopian virtual and retrowave.
I was looking for a vaporwave forum
What do you do for fun?
Paint, make music or listen to it, watch movies and read.

Virtual Cafe Awards

syndi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi
I also think vapourware is a way for me to relax somewhere that isn't here, and also a way to explore really cool soundscapes. I don't really have a favourite sub-genre, im still new to Vaporwave, but I like the ambient and poppier stuff, I still have to get into the more experimental side. I found this place through searching for vaporwave forums, and also places to chat with people in general. I like to read books and write poems, listen to books, watch movies, and make new friends :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

kamichan504

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Hey, everybody! I'm Kamille. I'm a rapper and producer. I just recently got into working on future funk and vaporwave via a series I created for one of my besties.

Ehh.... None that I know of.

It's chill. Being a descendant of screw music, it means a lot to me.

I listen to everything.

>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk!

What do you do for fun?
A lot of things! But creating is where my heart is.

Virtual Cafe Awards

H1ssss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
a-fortress-high.neocities.org
What Canceled sitcom best describes your life?
I would say that Seinfeld without the friends.

What does vaporwave mean to you?
It is just a genre of music I enjoy on occasion.

Future Funk. But mostly I listen to shoegaze

I was just surfing the internet and saw a random post somewhere about an old school forum

What do you do for fun?
I like to play guitar and make instrumental music with a friend. I also like to play stealth videogames like Hitman or Splinter Cell.

Thanks!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vianni Giovanna

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

What do you do for fun?
Hola ya'll I'm Vianni Giovanna,
a 14 y.o girl who's favorite anime/manga series of all time is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. My favorite Jojo is Giorno Giovanna. I first got introduced to Japanoise & both Pad Chennington & by Pad at the same time. My favorite sub genre of Vaporwave is Mallsoft because it always helped me when I was depressed & feeling empty, specifically my 1#

What do you do for fun?
Hola ya'll my artist name is Vianni Giovanna, I'm a 14 y.o Artista, I love to draw anime/manga style & realism/semi-realism. I got introduced first to Japanoise & Pad by watching Pad Chennington's video on it & after that I got introduced to Vaporwave it self by Pad. My favorite sub genre from Vaporwave OF ALL TIME would be Mallsoft, even though my 1# favorite Mallsoft album of all time is Yes! We're Open by the delicious legend himself! groceries. I also have autism & I would love to inspire people with autism in the future. Also if u need someone to talk to or wanna be friends with me, u can text me on my JJBA insta @vianni_giovanna P.S Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is my 1# favorite anime/manga series OF ALL TIME & my 1# favorite JoJo OF ALL TIME is Giorno Giovanna

Vianni Giovanna

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think I have any.
Vaporwave is an art movement for all the rebel angels like myself, Vaporwave can be shared everywhere around the world, there love songs for the 90s & 80s.
Well my 1# favorite subgenre of all time is Mallsoft, cause whenever I'm depressed simply because I didn't went to a store that I wanted to go to for any reason & it would cure my depression & anxiety right away .
The creator of this beautiful amazing place followed me on Twitter. My Twitter is @Vianni_Giovanni
What do you do for fun?
I create art by drawing & producing music.

BruceWizard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Moonlighting, one of the most underrated shows staring Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd.

A call back with a twist.

What sub genres are you into?
Future Funk, Signal wave, VHS Funk, Mallsoft, and Late Night Lo-Fi

Where else? >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
Play on steam heavily, read, hike, try to travel as much as possible and in the meantime dabble in digital art.

:peepoBlanket:

DSPplug

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Robert Langford; aka King OZ, AKA LE Attol. I make synthwave, retrowave and probably vapourwave soon. I've been impressed by what I see so far, not so many posts; but fans of the genre seem pretty tight. I'll post up some synthwave soon.

giphu

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

I'm gonna go with The Simpsons. Some would say the series is still running, and I guess it is technically alive, but you know what I'm talking about.

Nostalgia, layers upon layers of nostalgia. When I first came across vaporwave (in 2014 if my memory serves me right here) it was a huge deal for me to be able to return to my childhood, Y2K aesthetic (I will use a moment here to compliment whoever is to thank for the web design here), the music and so on. Unfortunately, soon after finding what seemed like my spiritual home for a while, was growing somewhat stale, with the meme "Vaporwave is Dead" slowly becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy, excessive irony poisoning the scene, biggest label(s?) in the game going for some weird directions, etc., my interest in the genre slowly died.

Recently after several years, I've developed some deep nostalgic feelings for vaporwave itself, for that brief period from 2014 to 2015, and have been returning to some oldies, while also finding some newer artists making great stuff nowdays. But still, more than the music itself, vaporwave is about that more general feeling – longing towards the past, or a future promised to us by the past.

Depends on the moment. Classic eccojams are my jams, but usually I'll go for more ambient stuff just for atmospheric background. But basically, everything except hardvapour, more or less.

I don't remember, it's been a while since I heard about this.

What do you do for fun?

Wallow in nostalgia.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Omi

Stargazing
Reaction score
Awards
  • What canceled sitcom best describes your life? The fresh prince of bel air
  • What does Vaporwave mean to you? Good music
  • What subgenres are you most into? Chill lo-fi
  • What subgenres are you most into? >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk
  • What do you do for fun? Play soccer, piano, I also do a lot of treks, develop small computers apps and play videogames

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporghoul

どこにいますか?
Reaction score
Awards
I kind of realized I never properly introduced myself on the forums so here I go (doing this for like a general thing for anyone to look at

I don't really watch sitcom shows at all and the ones I do are still going. But if I chose one it'd be Futurama.

What does vaporwave mean to you?

Vaporwave is one of the few music genres that makes me confront my past, present and future. The ability to invoke many lucid feelings mostly incapable from other music. As well as a hella good looking aesthetic.

I love much more serene hypnogogiac style vaporwave, as well as more hard hitting dark style shit like vaporgoth and hardvapour. And sometimes I find mysefl liking simple strange dance tracks like Pineapple Juniors or Amy. So pretty much mixed bag here, check out my vapor sub genre tier list for what I like.

What do you do for fun?

I love the forest and just exploring it, listening to some vaporwave while doing so. I play drums as well so I do enjoy playing and analyzing music. Video Games are an obvious one, however I'm not a huge fan of simple games, I much prefer games with depth in them. For example, I'm a huge minecraft fan, but not for the basic reasons everyone plays it, I absolutely love it's technical aspect. I also play Mortal Kombat which can be a great in depth technical fighter if you can withstand it's community lmao. I also recently picked up playing Chess as it is so in depth and technical I love it. Research and studying interesting things is a lot of fun for me, planning on doing physical research in a lab when I get older as I love the pursuit of knowledge.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Howdy! The name is Rare Manhattan, but you can call me dig. (My usual username doesn't fully show up, hopefully I can fix that soon lol) I am pretty new to forums in general, so please be patient with me lol. I have been into vaporwave for about 2 years now and I still haven't really taken a dive into the community. So here I am!

I never was into sitcoms so I wouldn't know lol.

Creativity and inspiration. Music has been one of my main inspirations for making creative works of art and writing. I love to listen to vaporwave while thinking up an elaborate character idea or sketching out a funky design. But that's not all, even if I wasn't around for the 80s and most of the vibe that inspired vaporwave, it still gives me such a nostalgia trip for a time I didn't even live in. Vaporwave is such an interesting and inspiring internet culture that has helped me cultivate so many of my story ideas and characters. Its truly unexplainable.

I am not too informed about subgenres but if I had to choose it would be: mallsoft, Utopian virtual, and future funk (there are probably more I don't know the name of.)

I did a quick search for vaporwave communities and found an interesting looking blog about this place. Thought I would give it a shot even though I have never exactly used a forum before lol.

What do you do for fun?

I do mostly creative arts such as drawing, writing, story building, painting, script writing, so on so on. I also play videogames in my spare time, Hopefully I can start streaming that in a year or two lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lobilob

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi everyone! I'm Lobilob from Italy :D:
I'm new to forums (sort of) but I'm into vaporwave music from years and I decided to take a deep look into the community!
(I apologize in advance for eventual language errors)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

As a kid, I used to watch Diff'rent Strokes ("Il mio amico Arnold" in italian adaptation) with my parents, but I can't really say if really describes my life hahahahaha

It's hard to describe. It's like being nostalgic of something that I haven't lived, but makes resound memories of my childhood (mallsoft in particular)

I'd say Future Funk and Mallsoft, but I discover new subgenres everyday so I can't really tell.

As I said, I'm into vaporwave from years. Doing a research about the community life, I discovered this forum. I liked the style, so here I am! Can't wait to dive into it.

What do you do for fun?
I love to write stories, and I make short movies since I was 5. Oh, and I play drums.