Introduce yourself!

flowerpowerimacg3

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
bojack horseman without the fame and shit

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
nostalgic and cool, but i prefer coolpunk ;)

What subgenres are you most into?
nu-metal, hyperpop, and pop punk are my top 3

How did you find out about this place?
someone on neocities, sadly don't remember who.

What do you do for fun?
work on my site, play pc games, build lego, cook

scroll

bookkeeper
Reaction score
Awards
greetings denizens
The Truman Show
a premonition trapped in time
everything is a wave
a wave is a frequency over time
hence the vapor, hence the wave
meh I like city pop and synthwave, I think vaporwave is a more specific concept than the latter though
mention on /x/
What do you do for fun?
attempt things way out of my depth and get 80% of the way there out of pure spite

HammerKoopa

The King of the Walruses //セイウチキング
Reaction score
Awards
Website
walrus-island.neocities.org
Pleased to have landed here

None with real actors in mind, but if it counts. China IL

A window. A momentary glimpse into another reality. So close yet so far away. A world where all the promises of a golden era made before my real time came to happened. Listening to the music with your eyes closed, or loosing yourself in visual works, obtaining an escape from the mundane reality even if momentarily, and allowing oneself to be lost in the conceptual, the bizarre, the surreal, the beautiful.

The beautiful paradox of Vaporwave, a future that already happened and a past that never came. The internet born genre that can be as much serious in its artistic value as it can be the world's greatest shitpost.

Vaporwave means, to me, beauty, art and escape.

Future Funk and Faux Utopian are what i return to the most.

Was brought to my attention by a friend that we share albums on the regular with

What do you do for fun?
I really enjoy drawing, programming has become something i try to improve upon. As well as dwelling in retro gaming. All in the hopes of bringing it all together as an indie game developer in the future. I also love to cook and bake.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Xmariokiler

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Well I don't really watch tv but I can give shitty manhua title

"Evolution Begins With a Big Tree"​

I think that's vaporaon would be like the best pokemon to put your dick in it's like got very water slimy skin and It;s my first time hearing about this genre of music I guess
OP MC sword fights supernatural
BigBthefluffyredneck video
What do you do for fun?
gaming tf2 or pokemmo rn listening to music pretending I know how to fight with swords meaby running

goldenvirginiafan53

member of the unseen university
Reaction score
Awards
as a guy who only really watches shows from the uk, i would have to say my life is an amalgamation of peep show and the young ones. a strange combination tot say the least :hspin:
to me, vapourwave inspires a strange kind of anomia. i always have this nostalgia for a completely unknown time, a time i myself cannot recognise but i know exists somewhere out there in the ether. i would say vapourwave for me represents the pre-Y2K internet, a space i never experienced but a space my own life is full of reminders of. i see it as a time of optimism, this strange quasi-frutiger aero type world of optimism.
with regard to general subgenres, i absolutely love the history of 'real emo' and skramz. i really like post-punk, especially stuff from the 70s and 80s. i like liquid dnb and JAZZ!!!!!!
a single line on a random youtube video about 'the entire internet anomalies file', i have always been looking for a forum to consistently interact with and this does seem like the perfect one!
What do you do for fun?
it sounds incredibly predictable but i really enjoy reading and listening to music:) i would say i am a budding shortwave radio hobbyist, i enjoy searching for bugs in the forests near my home - whenever i spend a prolonged time at home that is. i like playing video games, perhaps a little too much. i like reading about the occult and anything to do with esotericism, i really enjoy writing poetry or just journaling my thoughts.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Njordr

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
King of the Hill, love the show and think that it's a lifestyle to aspire to

Music to break the silence

Literature, all kinds fiction and non fiction, sci Fi, post apocalypse, all eras of time etc. Music, mostly 90's and grunge. Machinery lube gears and valves work on them a lot.

/x/ and /lit/

What do you do for fun?
Read, work, I play video games. Recently got into Reenacting specifically Vietnam era.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I don't watch television.
It's a nice aesthetic.
I don't know many.
I was at my father's house for a few days. I was using my phone to browse 4chan, and I don't have an adblock on it. I saw an ad for a SomaSpice video and tapped on it. I read his YouTube about page, I enjoy reading the about page of even random commenters I find on YT, and found the site through there.
What do you do for fun?
Play video games, I guess.
Ooo you're the first guy I bring here. The only other person who's work has brought people here is Rig with his game, Disillusion.

Welcome to the road, hope you enjoy your stay. Just remember, containment chat is containment chat for a reason.

Virtual Cafe Awards

alix

Empress of the Transburg Dinasty
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixxd.neocities.org
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What do you do for fun?
I don't really watch much sitcoms tbh, but I love The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. South Park and old Simpsons are two of my favourite comedies.

An unique and nostalgic internet phenomenon that has made me feel emotions I had never felt on the Internet before, a relic of the past.

All kinds of vaporwave and synthwave, especially ambient (I love Aphex Twin, but I don't know if he's that much vaporwave). Apart from that 80s-90s post-punk and new wave are some of my favourites, along with rock.

Investigating weird theories and rabbit holes in reddit.

Browse internet, videogames, anime and manga, music, read and more.

Virtual Cafe Awards

housepoopr

Hello, I go by housepoopr. I've lurked off an on for sometime. I did try a long time ago to sign up, but never got emails back from the automated system. Unixes be like that from time to time.

Why did I sign up? Honestly, I really like how freely people speak about controversial topics here. It's refreshing after decades of stifling censorship ala >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk or overly inflammatory experiences, like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, and to a less personal extent, 4chan. I just want to talk about about controversial topics with people that don't default to labels and prefabricated sloganeer-think. My personal rule is that if the argument can't survive the why questions a five year old might ask, it's probably not a solid ideology. I think there is something just so disingenuous about online political discourse, it really does feel like we are talking at one another and not to one another, as if we are talking to pre-programmed bots.

What does Vaporwave mean to you? I like the music, but most of the time I have trouble remembering artists. It's one of those vibe deals. I'm a high functioning autistic person, and not like tiktok kids, papers and all. I sort of love the aesthetic, but I don't go out of my way for it. I wish I had an artistic bone in my body, but I am the personality type of Logician. I've always worked IT and Software dev, although I'm ex-mil and a hobby farmer. Logicians are predictably awful at artistic endeavors, so I just admire the artistry and vibe to the music because I need stim music.

What subgenres are you most into? It's hard to classify ambient music that makes you want to cry or has an existential crisis embedded. Hammock, Clem Leek. A good song that sort of encapsulates this genre is Clem Leek's Patience is a Virtue. I consider the first thing I heard like this to be Bryan Eno's an Ending. Beyond that I like Metal, and Christian Hymnals, particularly those that glorify God the Father, the Almighty, Jehovah God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit with due reverence and solemn dignity. (I revere God. I would be cold in my grave without him.)

How did you find out about this place? Dead Internet Theory.

What do you do for fun? Hobby Farming on a few acres in God's glorious land. A little bit of League of Legends. I go shooting for target practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
when some commenter has a shit opinion I go to his channel, dislike all five of his age old Minecraft let's plays from 2013 and leave hate mail in the comments

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
Sure friend, but I had no idea I am somebody important.
Well, I am a bit of a fangirl + you appear in my subscriptions about 3 times a day, so you are, at least, a little important to me.

As for the proof, I believe your website could single-handedly make a grown man question whether they are living in "The Matrix", so I consider the request to be justified.

I don't think I can post links (don't want to sound and look like a spammer)
Feel free to (post links, not spam).

but you can add /proof.txt to the URL of my website.
Also, hey from a fellow lainchan webring-er
Welcome to Agora Road.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Dear impending influx of new users:

Welcome! Please try to gauge the atmosphere of this site. We really don't care about your opinion, no matter how schizo or strange or non-pc. However, this is not /pol/ and we have standards. Civil and mature behaviour is all we expect of you.

Welcome to Agora :agnudgbl:

Virtual Cafe Awards

andreixyz

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
andrei.xyz
Joey. I'm Joey. Yes, Joey. Je me plouf plaugh.

50% nostalgia, 50% brain enhancements.

Future funk at day, mallsoft at night.

Some NPC on a r*ddit-related discord server said that this place is filled with morons, so I took it as a sign that intelligent life shelters here.

What do you do for fun?
Playing with my dog, writing, listening to my records, playing games.

Thank you for having me here.

denpasan

ill try living like this
Reaction score
Awards
hi everyone good to be here
Ill be basic and say Seinfeld.

A phenomena of a sort, its kinda the perfect simulacra of something only real in memory that generates a very powerful nostalgia.

Idk much abt vaporwave, stuff in the style of deaths dynamic shroud, haircuts for men and nmesh i guess. but electronic wise i like any synth, and recently minimal wave and breakcore. i keep it broad.

Interest in oldweb and forums.

What do you do for fun?
Draw, play games, make tape mixes, sometimes work on my site which requires the first.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Heya, neat to meet everyone here
I was informed that these prompts given at the start would be a good way to introduce myself, so here it goes.

This is a hard one. I'd have to go with ALF, because, in all fairness, that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Vaporwave is what I'll listen to when I need to be focused or want to feel calm.

What kind of subgenres are we talking about? Vaporwave? Or just all music subgenres? Because Synthwave and Chillwave are pretty cool- other music subgenres I enjoy would probably be alt-rock, as broad as that is.

Dissilusion. Funky thing that I thought was cool, then saw this and was like "This looks cool too, I'm gonna make an account" and now I'm here.

What do you do for fun?
I like making music, editing, photography (sometimes), and watching movies. Maybe a few more I'm forgetting.

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read that if you did. Have a nice.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Titus

The government doesn't want you knowing this
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not quirked up like that, sorry.
Oversaturated and pretty vapid.
I'm actually not that big of a music person. Not subgenre, but recently I've been listening to a bit of J-pop.
I was reading an article about Mister Metokur that mentioned that he has a hand in the forum's moderation.
What do you do for fun?
Drawing, reading, programming, and ofc some vidya.

Hope you liked my into. I was actually looking for a forum that is actually cool to use and isn't full of deranged schizo retards like most image boards. Looks like my prayers have been answered.:)