Introduce yourself!

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:
Hi I'm Zack!

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?
Probably Seinfeld. I love the humor in that show.

What does Vaporwave mean to you?
A sense of longing and connection. I didn't get to be on the internet when it was truly unique, and vaporwave recaptures that uniqueness for me.

What subgenres are you most into?
Boy howdy I honestly don't know any. I listen to Vortex Rikers, Gatekeeper, S U R V I V E, and others though!

How did you find out about this place?
I was reading some old greentexts on /x/, and I followed a chain of links.

What do you do for fun?
Paint, write poetry, meditate, go hiking, and skate. Big into reading too!

Virtual Cafe Awards

piemomxo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Seinfeld. It might be a bit boring but I wish Larry David wrote and produced my life.
Not much! I am sorta late to the proverbial party here but I like to listen to vaporwave! I also adore the aesthetics of old tech hardware and software (early macos, windows 9x, crt's, real ivory tower stuff). Some advice on what to listen to would be appreciated! ^-^
I like artpop, citypop, and future funk stuff mostly. I really like how vaporwave artists sample for their music. I think it is fascinating tracking down samples from these songs and how they were warped digitally or otherwise to fit the song.
I read a story about the Black Carpet, and the website looked cool, so I explored a bit! Whoever designed this website deserves a raise. I've lurked for a while, the philosophy discussion forum really is special here. There are tons of really unique and valuable perspectives :) .
What do you do for fun?
I like to run, make music, read, play old video games (read: runescape 07), and collect old tech junk (the Macintosh Elsie is my one true love). I wouldn't call 'drinking coffee' a hobby but i love doing that too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Seggito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
seggitosite.neocities.org
I haven't watched much sitcoms so I don't exactly know.

A cool internet genre of music and art.

Vaporsynth, Classic, Eccojams,and Vaporpop

I got followed on twitter by the admin

What do you do for fun?
I make and listen to music, play video games,and watch videos about old tech and lets plays.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2006

Hi I'm Zack!

Probably Seinfeld. I love the humor in that show.

A sense of longing and connection. I didn't get to be on the internet when it was truly unique, and vaporwave recaptures that uniqueness for me.

Boy howdy I honestly don't know any. I listen to Vortex Rikers, Gatekeeper, S U R V I V E, and others though!

What do you do for fun?
Paint, write poetry, meditate, go hiking, and skate. Big into reading too!
"I was reading some old greentexts on /x/, and I followed a chain of links."

That explains your Pepe profile picture.

Deleted member 2006

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? idk, What does Vaporwave mean to you? good music and amazing visuals that please me What subgenres are you most into? Signalwave N' Chechen war music How did you find out about this place? GhostGum video What do you do for fun? i make music and art.

• Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

CD-wrong

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello! I'm a graphic designer illustrator and have been a serious follower of the genre since 2016 (and was a not so serious fan of meme genres like seapunk and witchhouse before then lol)

Not a huge sitcom fan but right now I guess Friends? During the pandemic I got really close with my roommates and we would have a lot of movie nights and do fun things together. One of them moved away—also due to pandemic—and I'm still sad about it :(

What does the Vaporwave mean to you?
Nostalgia, a longing for a better world, stoicism and humor in the face of absurdity, brief flashes of memories of echoing mall hallways, late nights watching adult swim, falling into anonymity amongst crowds, quiet walks home at night overlooking highways, tired rides home on the metro, transcendent moments... It means a lot to me.

Dreampunk, ambient, and slushwave primarily. I'm also into to mallsoft, signalwave, broken transmission, solarpunk, and synthwave/outrun.

@agoraroad followed me on twitter, likely since I was liking stuff in a tweet thread with HKE drama lmao

What do you do for fun?
Long nature walks, painting/sketching (when I have the energy), collecting vaporwave albums on cassette, learning about politics/history, dunking on capitalism

Virtual Cafe Awards

mercuriata

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm mercuriata!

I an undergrad in math and computer science.

If I had to explain vaporwave to someone who didn't know about it, I'd say that it's about time, beauty, and tranquility.
A poem that reminds me some about vaporwave is Percy Shelley's Ozymandias:

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—"Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
What cancelled sitcom best describes your life? idk, What does Vaporwave mean to you? good music and amazing visuals that please me What subgenres are you most into? Signalwave N' Chechen war music How did you find out about this place? GhostGum video What do you do for fun? i make music and art.
what program(s) do you use to make music? i really wanna try and get into making my own stuff/remixing songs i like but I'm not sure where to start

Virtual Cafe Awards

besiton

yeah right
Reaction score
Awards
Hi i'm Tony and as you can probably see i'm new here.

Wow first question and i'm already uncertain, but it's probably King of the Hill, there is just something in it that makes me feel warm inside and happy.
What does the Vaporwave mean to you?
Probably what brings everyone to it, the sound, the strange strange sound, that is so familiar, but not quite right, it feels like distant memory, but one that didn't happen, feeling of lost childhood and looking at sunrise after you partied whole night.
I am not well read into subgenres of vaporwave, so that's it. But my favourite albums are Enchanted instrumentals and Whispers/Plume Valley, so someone smarter can tell me what genres are they. All of Haircuts for men is also very nice.
Funny enough i got here by accident, i was reading some greentext on /x/ about Baikal and wanted to look into it and it was posted here too. I got sucked into atmosphere of this little place.
What do you do for fun?
If fun you consider what i do in my free time, so by biggest margin it would be apathetically staring at screen and chain-smoking. But I truly enjoy painting and making sculptures and some graphic design (examle: my profile pic), not much else really.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
none, really, but I think adventure time was cool in the early seasons
I don't get the main currents, but it's alright

a bit of future funk, some fast and intense synthwave or whatever carpenter bruts puts out.

A link in a thread on /X/ about the dead internet theory led me to this land

What do you do for fun?
I like origami, chess, I write short stuff, and I love to learn and read about the weirdest topics.

Virtual Cafe Awards

nomad

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
None, I rarely ever watch sitcoms so I can't list any :JigglyThump:

I am not very deeply involved with the Vaporwave aesthetic, but I am to some extent naturally drawn to it as it is one of the more 'soulful' aesthetics that I come across on the modern internet.

Probably most into segahaze.

Found the link through some anon on /x/ :LeDoritoFace:

What do you do for fun?

I browse a fair amount of websites and enjoy finding new ones. I'll also play video games or watch anime (I have interests outside of the internet as well but they seem irrelevant to list here).

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jorm

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hello :)

There is this one Swedish sitcom called solsidan, and it's the only sitcom i ever watched.

To me Vaporware is great music that birthed a cool style.

Mainly mallsoft, but it will probably change when I go deeper into the vaporware rabbit hole

Sadly on 4chan's paranormal board /x/.

What do you do for fun?

Mostly art or vidya.

Virtual Cafe Awards

That1Producer

universal truth seeker, also part time producer
Reaction score
Awards
I'm known as Dreamer by a few of the homies irl so you can all call me that.

I remember hearing about this place sometime ago on the vaporwave subreddit and got bored so decided to join today.
I used to be heavily into this vaporwave stuff, specifically future funk. Kinda going back to that stuff again after all this time.
It's the genre everyone likes cause it has that nostalgia heavy feeling.
What do you do for fun?
I usually mess with samples and produce stuff, sometimes racing when I feel like driving like that, and make money

Virtual Cafe Awards

Wapoose

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mommytimes.net
Helloo, I'm Wapoose!

When I was a bit homesick for the city I used to live in, listening to Vaporwave brought me back there. And I got hooked, cuz it's really catchy stuff.

Eccojams, Mallsoft and Futurefunk are the ones I probably listen to most. But they all sound pretty good, I'm happy with trying whatever.

I found it through the YouTube channel! I was looking for a particular artist, and the channel happened to have one of their albums. After that the forum caught my eye, and I like it here so far.

What do you do for fun?

I love collecting certain things, like interesting Original Xbox games to play, books and My Little Pony toys. I have quite the collection cuz I've been hoarding them since I was little. Some of my favorite Xbox games are JSRF, Blinx the Time Sweeper, Sonic Riders, and Munch's Oddysee. I recommend them all.

Virtual Cafe Awards

duce_guy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Same as it does for most people, generally longing for a time gone by

Mallscape

Just a link from a forum

What do you do for fun?
video games, reading, I like what I do at uni as well

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Hi.

I originally got into vaporwave in 2014-2015 as something I did with a friend from high school for fun. We'd mess around and post things on soundcloud. I've kept up with some releases casually but haven't done any music myself for a long time. After starting to recover from a long bout of depression it was suggested to me that I rekindle something I really enjoyed and was passionate about when I was younger, so I figured I'd come back to it as a creative outlet. Much like the motifs of the genre I guess its me grasping at an earlier time in my life DKcHaMp

I like future funk because I've always been a fan of house music.

I was linked to the thread on the 'internet is empty/dead' theory several months ago. Thought the site was cool and lurked a few times, eventually decided to come back and make an account. I really miss old Internet forum culture, growing up I spent a lot of time on dedicated forums, whether anime or video games. I feel like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk has really killed the decentralised, fan forum network that I grew to love and really miss. Seeing a site dedicated not only to vaporwave but also old internet culture was a nice find.

What do you do for fun?
Honestly these days not much. Still under a harsh lockdown, both for the pandemic and grad school.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ginger11702

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

What do you do for fun?
Yo, here from the 4chan ad.
I don't really watch cancelled sitcoms but I like Seinfeld
Don't really listen to vaporware
4chan ad
Vidya, music, and dirtbikes

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Hi.

I originally got into vaporwave in 2014-2015 as something I did with a friend from high school for fun. We'd mess around and post things on soundcloud. I've kept up with some releases casually but haven't done any music myself for a long time. After starting to recover from a long bout of depression it was suggested to me that I rekindle something I really enjoyed and was passionate about when I was younger, so I figured I'd come back to it as a creative outlet. Much like the motifs of the genre I guess its me grasping at an earlier time in my life DKcHaMp

I like future funk because I've always been a fan of house music.

I was linked to the thread on the 'internet is empty/dead' theory several months ago. Thought the site was cool and lurked a few times, eventually decided to come back and make an account. I really miss old Internet forum culture, growing up I spent a lot of time on dedicated forums, whether anime or video games. I feel like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk has really killed the decentralised, fan forum network that I grew to love and really miss. Seeing a site dedicated not only to vaporwave but also old internet culture was a nice find.

What do you do for fun?
Honestly these days not much. Still under a harsh lockdown, both for the pandemic and grad school.
死んだインターネット理論は楽しい思考実験です。ここカフェで間違いなく人気のある投稿

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa