Introduce yourself!

MugiNism

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Introduce yourself: here are some prompts:

What cancelled sitcom best describes your life?

What does Vaporwave mean to you?

What subgenres are you most into?

How did you find out about this place?

What do you do for fun?
i don't whats that type of shows or the TV in general.

Cool 80's backgrounds for my pc

i dont know to be honest.

a 4chan thread that had a link to a post from here. I liked the site and i decided to register.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
I never really found sitcoms that funny so idk.

Awesome stuff:
I like a lot of synthwave music and anything from the 80's. Electronic Light Orchestra rules.

As for subgenres I like synthwave and industrial music.

I found it as a recommendation.

I like to discover about cancelled video games. Other than that I'm not so good at writing and worldbuilding.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xenzibi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score

What do you do for fun?
1. I've only watched the entirety of one sitcom before and it's not cancelled nor does it relate to my life.

2. Synthwave, retro, aesthetic accounts, anime (Japanese letters, weebs, anime vaporwave edits), electronic music, meme culture, etc.

3. Subgenre as in Vaporwave subgenre? Future funk is my favorite vaporwave subgenre but synthwave and chillwave are nice too. I'm willing to try whatever really. Vaporwave isn't my favorite music genre though, to be honest.

4. I kept seeing the chan ads, and thought might as well branch out to more forums.

5. Lately regained interest in """"schizo"""" things. I also just like to learn in general, whatever it may be, usually just random information. I don't really keep up with my other interests anymore, used to have weeby interests but I think I would be considered a fake by most people. Fading interest in videogames. Sometimes I still draw and I'm trying to get into reading. I'm not an interesting person, I lurk more than I speak.

Adrenochrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings y'all.

I honestly am not a big sitcom watcher. I'd say Mission Hill, the cartoon, but I guess that's not a sitcom huh?

It represents a direct link to a past I did not experience; it makes me feel longing for a world that is purely virtual, a mirage that allows me to escape reality just for a bit. It's also a musical world that has no boundaries.

Future Funk, the ''noisier'' stuff like ocean grunge and slushwave.

Private Suite Magazine
What do you do for fun?

Music, magic, live.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Tapeworm

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What canceled sitcom best describes your life?
Not canceled, but definitely should've been so it would end while it's still good, so I'm gonna say Seinfeld. I'm a New Yorker, I've had to deal with wacky bullshit like being stabbed by a used needle, and I'm somehow still best friends with my ex. I think standup is cringe though. I prefer working from behind a screen.

What I learned in vaporwave school is...

No, but real talk, Vaporwave represents comfort and nostalgia to me. I'm always able to revisit that carefree, stoner mindset I had when I first discovered the genre back in highschool, even today as a twenty-something-year-old with a desk job and bills and other bullshit.

I love vaportrap, cloud rap, and especially mallsoft. I'm currently looking for a cassette of 식료품groceries "Yes, We're Open!" if anybody knows where to snag one (or at least some of their merch). I also unironically love Yung Lean.

Accidentally clicked a banner while I was browsing /x/ on my phone.

What do you do for fun?
Bird watching. Playing Habbo Hotel. Drawing. Smoking weed. Studying conspiracy theories.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naxil

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
introduce my self:
I'm a 40-year-old italian man. currently unemployed. I like conspiracy theories, underground tekno, video games, science fiction.
I love movies, anime, music.
I started with the atari2600 at 6 years old and so I have synth sounds in my blood.

cancelled sitcom: quantum leap

Vaporwave = I lived the 80s in childhood. where computers were magical and they could do anything. it's this kind of nostalgia that stirs me

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ixion_SEROV

Y2K Hype Beast
Reaction score
Awards
That's a tough one. As unremarkable as my has been, I've had those rare stretches of bizarre tomfoolery. I'd have to say Malcolm in the Middle.

Vaporwave is like a consumerist journey for me. I see the long-forgotten icons of yesteryear and the trends that gave rise to the glorious mall culture, but it's also a surreal warp of everything that was once taken for granted.

I tend to dabble in Italian/Mall soft at times.

I originally heard about this place from a friend of mine who was once active on the now-sadly gone TSUKI site, but I put off visiting until I saw an ad as a 4Chan banner.

What do you do for fun?
A healthy balance of amateur fantasy writing, rugged outdoorsmanship, and playing video games.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Greetings,

I can't think of an appropriate sitcom to be honest.

I have always been a very nostalgic and sentimental person. While I feel that Vaporwave is often perceived as nihilistic, there is a deep strain of sentimentality that I appreciate. A kind of saudade.

Admittedly I am not very familiar with the various subgenres.

/x/

What do you do for fun?

Primarily make music and read.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Crypto

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tilde.club
Hey, my names Crypto and I'm into tech and photography. I like crypto currency as well

This ones hard, I don't watch many sitcoms tbh. If I had to choose a show sitcom in general that hasn't been cancelled, I'd say Seinfeld
I'm not quite sure, it feels nostalgic and reminds me of childhood and comfy thoughts. I suppose it symbolizes a time of innocence and excitement.
Lo-Fi, synthwave
An archive of a post detailing how they believe the majority of the content on the internet now a days is generated by AI. Wouldn't surprise me if its true.
What do you do for fun?
I play video games, I like to trade crypto and interesting stocks.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jordshire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
hi guys : )

It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia
dont read too much into that..

I just like the sounds, brent : )

stumbled on links to some e-zines and wanted to stick around

What do you do for fun?
tennis, car guy, league of legends, minecraft maniac,

Virtual Cafe Awards

DillBance

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
King of the Hill, the early seasons.

Wobbly old computer beats

Poop rock

The internet - stumbled across a link in the cesspool of >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk

What do you do for fun?
Collect videotapes from the thrift shop, tinkering with old beat up boats, outdoorsssssss stuff, chicken farm

sicsicksicks

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all. I decided at a sort of spur of the moment to go by sicsicksicks here. I have never been consistent with my usernames. I live somewhere in the vast, mountainous, and mysterious land of British Columbia and I grew up on the internet the existence and nature of which has fascinated me in ways I dont fully understand.

I cant really answer this as I was never into sitcoms or TV shows in general. I'm too much of a zoomer I guess. I grew up on games and internet content.

I really enjoy retro/retrofuturistic aesthetics but musically it represents something I have not yet taken the time to explore. That will likely change soon its just my mind has been too full for music in general lately.

If by subgenre you mean a subgenre of Vapourwave I cant answer this yet honestly.

I go and lurk on 4chan from time to time and I saw a thread linking to a post here about the "dead internet theory". This site made a good first impression on me I guess, something compelled me to stay and check it out and I liked what I saw. I hope to stick around.

What do you do for fun?
I fix things. New things, old things, anything that I can reasonably work on from PCs to electronics to small engines and cars. If someone I know has a problem with something I will refuse payment and fix it for free just for something to do. I found from an early age that I had an ability to figure out why things werent working and how to put them back together even things I didnt know existed and IMO its the only thing I have ever been good at so far in my life. It feels extremely satisfying to me to take something that is completely non-functional and have it work perfectly again in the end.

Virtual Cafe Awards

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Very interesting the number of people who wandered in here via 4chan (like myself). I don't know the state of /x/ that well, which is the board where a lot of people seem to be coming from, but the quality of the site as a whole has plummeted over the last decade (even before the 2015-2016 /pol/ bonanza). It was really a tiredness with 4chan that led me to settle on finally making an account here, after evaluating the current state of other anonymous image boards and finding out they're mostly dead.

死んだインターネット理論は楽しい思考実験です。ここカフェで間違いなく人気のある投稿
Yeah, it's a great topic. It fits with the theme of this forum well too considering the commitment to authenticity that seems to proliferate here.

Virtual Cafe Awards

JohnAfrica

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
What is TV

I like the aesthetics and the avante garde/post modern aspects of it.

I'm currently listening to 00-10s IDM, breakcore and experimental for nostalgia and inspiration purposes.

I was reading a thread on Hacker News about how a lot of the trending topics on Twitter were trended by bots. A comment mentioned the dead internet theory and after a search I found the post on here.

I used to be an active user on forums years ago but over time they all disappeared. So seeing this place have an active community is great.

What do you do for fun?
I make electronic music, code, and surf the net.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Trippy j

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

What do you do for fun?
Hey everyone I'm tripp j

I guess Seinfeld with more drug use

Vaporwave reminds of a simpler time

I like indie, punk, and euro beat.

I found this place from a banner on 4chan

I like hiking, fishing, most outdoors stuff. Normal chad shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Wolfgar

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Realistically, it's some combination of The Red Green Show and King Of The Hill if I had to compare it to anything. More like Trailer Park Boys, but I think that one's still going so it wouldn't count.

N E O - C H I N A A R R I V E S F R O M T H E F U T U R E real cyberpunk hours

As far as stuff tangentially related to vaporwave, I'd say I'm most into synthwave/darkwave, vaportrap, mallsoft if I'm trying to sleep. Been also listening to a lot of jungle stuff from the 90's lately if that counts.

Like a lot of other recent posters, I came here from /x/. Not specifically the Dead Internet threads but the ads themselves. I really missed these types of forums and I think this sort of thing needs to be brought back. The normienet is just cancer these days.

What do you do for fun?
I drink, read, lift and shoot guns mostly. But I dip my fingers into a lot of different stuff and I'm constantly looking for new hobbies.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boognish

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Hey there, I'm Boognish

Seinfeld, mostly because I can't think of any other sitcoms.

I guess it means good music, I really like the atmospheric feel of Vaporwave music, like how some are nostalgic but also some sound like video games, or even darker more ambient tones, I love how fluid it is in multiple different like sub genres.

Broken Transmission, Retro Darkwave Horror Synth, VHS Pop

Nightwave Plaza

What do you do for fun?
I play video games and play in Magic the Gathering tournaments.

Virtual Cafe Awards

lobster45

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Screenshot (8095).png

I would say Community, mainly because I enjoy the show and its capacity for both sentiment and self-awareness. And it might be the last good thing Chevy Chase or Dan Harmon will ever do.

I'm not really big into music--I'm broadly-listened, but not depthfully so.

That being said, from what I've heard, I think Vaporwave is at its best when its quasi-ironic Internet-inspired qualities are performed or developed authentically. I like the idea of Vaporwave being a kind of transitional style between something that's been done and something that's actually kind of new and brilliant, and for that reason I think it should be observed and admired as its own unique shoulder period in time.

I really enjoy old British Invasion rock. The Zombies, the Yardbirds, The Creation, even some of the earlier stuff from the Beatles and the Stones. There's something about it that feels really fun and young and almost kind of raw or honest in some way or another. It's music I can either get really into, or totally relax and let play in the background, and I have rarely found a genre/subgenre that works for me personally like British Invasion rock does.

A banner on /x/.

What do you do for fun?

I write stories and essays and record podcasts/little audio journals for myself. Sometimes I'll take a drive around my town, it's really pretty in the summers and really quiet in the Winters. I climb, read old books, run, cook/bake, and some days I just sort of sit around. It's simple, but it's nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot (8095).png
    Screenshot (8095).png
    931.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Han-Tyumi

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Baskets

Sounds of the future I heard through the wall as a child; a dream you forgot half way through and then made up the rest in real time.

Witch House, Krillwave, Chillwave, Killbillwave

Highstrangeness

What do you do for fun?

make up stories

Virtual Cafe Awards

Seswynn

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
1: Which cancelled sitcom best describes my life?

Honestly, I can't really give a good answer here, as I don't really watch a lot of sitcoms. I guess I'll substitute by saying what my favorite sitcom is, which would be Father Ted. Granted, it's also sort of my favorite by default, but still, it's a good show. I'd recommend it.

2: What does Vaporwave mean to me?

It's a product of a culture that is currently in a weird place in regards to the internet. It's old enough for there to be a definite history, and arguably even a unique universal subculture, but it's also young enough for its beginnings to be well within living memory. For some, it's both a nostalgic and cynical look at an era that is still very vibrantly alive in the cultural conscious/subconscious. For others (like myself, kind of on the old end of Gen Z), it's a glimpse into a place that they have only known in indirect ways, through its aesthetics, movies, music, art, history books, etc. but never got to experience themselves, from Reagan's presidency, the Aids epidemic, the Chernobyl disaster and a whole load of other iconic 80's moments and movements (and less iconic parts, of course.) But to be honest, Vaporwave isn't really my thing. Not saying it's bad, or even that I don't like it, but it's not really my thing. And yes, I know that Vaporwave is a big part of this forum, but I just joined because the community seems cool and this is an interesting place. Kind of a throwback to an age of the internet I never really experienced for myself that much.

3: What subgenres are you into the most?

I assume that this is in reference to Vaporwave, but, as stated previously, I'm not really into it that much, so I couldn't give you a good answer on that front. But I can tell you which subgenre of music I'm into the most, and that would be shoegaze, by a wide margin.

I. Love. Shoegaze.

I assume that most people here are familiar with it, but on the off-chance that even one person here doesn't know what I'm talking about, I'd recommend Loveless by My Bloody Valentine as a starter album. It practically defined the genre, and decades later it's still one of the best. It showed me what music could really be.

4: How did you find out about this place?

>>redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk costanzayeahrightsmirk

5: What do you like to do for fun?

Shitposting, for one. But I suppose that's a given here. Listening to music, especially stuff that I haven't heard before. And taking walks looking out for weird shit is always a good time. Sometimes I get to be the weird shit. It's always fun to have a dash of the surreal in your life, and even more fun to put a dash in other's.

Virtual Cafe Awards