IRL Spooky Stories

ミ✩ T0TSUGEKI ✩彡

✩In the name of the moon, I'll punish you✩
Reaction score
Awards
I want to hear about any spooky stories you guys have from real experiences. Not "fiction" in the sense of being outright made up, but it doesn't have to be "real" in that seemingly paranormal stuff that probably has a logical explanation somewhere is still welcome.

Example: One time when I was grounded to my room as a kid, with everything removed from my room, I was staring out the window out of boredom. Sometime around sunset, a strange black dot the size of a plane in the distance appeared in the sky, and seemed to be "hanging" in midair, suspended and almost unmoving like a fly floating on water. As I stared at it, wondering if it was a plane or something, it began to sink towards the ground, with what looked like smoke trailing behind in a black-grey cloud. It continued to sink for a minute or two, and before reaching the treeline, it stopped moving again and began to "stretch" horizontally like it was being spaghettified, until it was no longer visible. I later told my parents that I had seen a UFO or something, but they didn't believe me and said that it was just an excuse to leave my room. In hindsight, it was probably a hallucination cause by staring at the sky for too long, but I still wonder about what it was, and what exactly it was doing.

gosh darn it, I now realize that someone already beat me to making this post back in February.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
More creepy in retrospect than at the time.
One morning on the bus to school in 1st~3rd grade it was dark and the sky was completely covered in clouds, thing was patches of the sky had very bright colors shining through. Solid reds, greens, purples, ect each distinct and separated by themselves amongst the darker clouds. Up in the sky you could see two orange objects circling each other. There really isn't anything more to it than that, as the bus made it to the school without incident and I went about my day as a child should, but it is something that has stuck in my memory for a long time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I have a repeating experience where I'll be walking down the stairs of whatever house I'm living in and another person in the house has just walked past the side of the stairs on the other side of the bannister. When I arrive at the bottom of the stairs, either that person isn't home or they're in another part of the house. It's very disorienting and I hate it.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I want to hear about any spooky stories you guys have from real experiences. Not "fiction" in the sense of being outright made up, but it doesn't have to be "real" in that seemingly paranormal stuff that probably has a logical explanation somewhere is still welcome.

Example: One time when I was grounded to my room as a kid, with everything removed from my room, I was staring out the window out of boredom. Sometime around sunset, a strange black dot the size of a plane in the distance appeared in the sky, and seemed to be "hanging" in midair, suspended and almost unmoving like a fly floating on water. As I stared at it, wondering if it was a plane or something, it began to sink towards the ground, with what looked like smoke trailing behind in a black-grey cloud. It continued to sink for a minute or two, and before reaching the treeline, it stopped moving again and began to "stretch" horizontally like it was being spaghettified, until it was no longer visible. I later told my parents that I had seen a UFO or something, but they didn't believe me and said that it was just an excuse to leave my room. In hindsight, it was probably a hallucination cause by staring at the sky for too long, but I still wonder about what it was, and what exactly it was doing.

gosh darn it, I now realize that someone already beat me to making this post back in February.
I do not believe in ghosts or paranormal stuff, but i suffer from schizotypal personality disorder, sometimes i have psychotic episodes, in which i start hearing voices out of the blue, like muffled conversations, i always go searching looking for the voices, but there is no one talking, not outside, not inside, and it continues for a few more minutes, until, i stop hearing the voices and everything goes back to normal, sometimes i see people and animals, things that aren't real, i saw them for a fraction of a second, when i look up at them, they are not there, sometimes i got spooked by it because i think i was looking a yellow dog, and in a blink or head movement, is not there anymore.

it's not spooky, i found scary stuff boring, but hey, is a story.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Glitchscreen

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
When I was about 5 or so, I can recall coming home from my kindergarten class and going to set my bookbag down when I looked towards the Christmas tree and saw a purple and black jester looking fellow start this werid, very high knee, kinda cartoony criminal walk to behind my tree. After he had disappeared behind the tree I had ran over to check and he was gone and this has stuck with me forever because he had looked so real.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
When I was seven years old I was watching a film about a cop who went undercover. He was meant to be teaming up with this female cop or something but she got taken ill and he had to cover for her working at a primary school. There was a high profile case where a child was going to be kidnapped and he had to prevent this. The weirdest thing was that he wasn't a very good primary school teacher and he ended up romancing the woman he was meant to protect, and the main actor was Arnold Schwarzenegger. Kindergarten Cop is not paranormal, just a weird film that we are blessed with thanks to the 90s.

Virtual Cafe Awards

calico_jack

midwest emo
Reaction score
Awards
My earliest memory is probably my oddest.
When i was 2 or 3 my family went on a road trip to Colorado, i have no idea why or what we did but i do remember going to church. In the middle of an empty church gym, My mom puts me in a cradle and gets one of those CRT TVs that are on a rolling cart and on this TV she puts a Tomas the Tank Engine VHS and then leaves.

This was perfectly alright for my toddler brain but the Movie eventually ended and as the credits rolled my toddler self became aware of how perfectly alone i was in this dark auditorium. so i did the only thing i could and cried and cried for an unknown amount of time until my mom returned.

sometimes i remember this memory randomly and i always remember it like a bad dream but ive remembered it for so long i kind of believe it happened. maybe i should just ask my mom lol.
pictures to help visualize.
DSC05130.jpg
baf3b5a381831e08d22bf33bcbcf2a5d.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Masonna

Ejaculation generator
Reaction score
Awards
Have you ever had the experience of your mind interpreting something in your peripheral vision as something very strange? This happens to me sometimes, and when it does it has a similar nightmarish hallucinatory quality to waking up from sleep paralysis. I remember one time I was sitting on my floor organizing stuff, and out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a severed dog's head. I recoiled, in complete terror, before I looked over and discovered it was just a boot laying on its side. But for a moment, I saw it as a dog's head, clear as anything.

Speaking of sleep paralysis, there was a period in my life where I was having episodes of it multiple times a week. This went on for maybe a month or so, and I really haven't had it since then that I can remember. The most frightening part of all those episodes was the early part, when I was still largely asleep. Everything would be fine, but then something would happen that would make me aware that I was dreaming and compel me to open my eyes or else I would die. Oftentimes this would be the sensation that I could hear my voice not from the dream, but from somewhere in my bedroom. Then I would open my eyes, and the most mundane objects around me would be transformed into hellish visions--my curtains became a dog-faced woman glaring down at me; musical instrument cases became a witch beckoning me to hell; doorknobs the eyes of a giant vomiting salamander-vagina. It was a real hoot. On the one hand I'm very glad that I'm sleeping better, but on the other sleep paralysis really did make things interesting.

One more thing I remember, which has bothered me endlessly since it happened. Near the end of the year in sixth grade, we had to clean out our gym lockers, right? I'm not sure how, but this was an affair which took all class. Maybe we had to disinfect them or something. Anyway, I had just about finished my work, and I decided to take a piss break. I wandered through the corridors to the dank, dark lockerroom toilets. Right as I took my first step into the bathroom, a kid burst out of the stall, screaming, "I'VE GOT BOOTY BLOOD! I'VE GOT BOOTY BLOOD!" I thought that was a very strange thing to do. I looked inside his stall, and sure enough nearly the whole thing was covered in blood. This picture basically conveys what it was like:
celluloid-shot0001.jpg

I never found out who he was or what could have caused it.

Mine are mostly sleep related.

On the train to Almaty during my trip to Kazakhstan, I spent a night in there. Went to bed earlier than my compartment mates, who had taken naps during the day, and... it was quite weird to sleep and I suspect I had a bit of motion sickness involved from basically laying down the wrong way (aka, not in the direction the train ran) in a 100km/h running train that was sometimes a bit shaky. I remember being in a half sleep and hearing strange low voices in my ears. A sort of low-pitched "waahwahwahwahwah" that got louder and louder and it fucking freaked me out. Sounded demonic almost. I think it was probably energy though, as I didn't feel an actual presence or anything. I woke up with a start and my hot zumba trainer compartment mate asked me if I was ok. I told her I was hearing weird voices, then drank a bit of water, took a motion sickness pill and went back to sleep, and the night went fine. I even passed the Aral sea during that night... didn't have any other issues but god those voices were scary.
---
I did an attempt at astral projecting a few days ago. My mind was awake the whole time, and after already some meditation my body had relaxed quite a bit. I think I made it fall asleep, but what freaked me out was that my heart rate got so slow, and that my breathing became weird, like, sort of irregular. I felt I was dying. I don't know if it's common for people who astral project but although "I" wasn't afraid and felt that maybe it was a side effect of going out of body, my physical self felt she was going to die and immediately interrupted the process. It felt.. yeah, truly like I was about to die. The body is alive during out of body experiences though, and we go out of body while sleeping, so normally there shouldn't be such a fear, but dammit, I can remember this "pseudo agony" so well. Still someday I want to astral travel or just chill out of my body and see what I can do. The issue is, I'm concerned that by being even more "on the edge of both worlds" than I already am, I might just fall into the crack in between.
---
Now for the last one, a couple nights ago I probably had a bit of sleep paralysis. It's not unusual for me to wake up somewhere around between 2:30 to 4:30 am and then fall back asleep, especially since I came back from Kazakhstan, and I battled with panic attacks and overthinking until recently when I made a point not to overthink and listen more to how I feel, now I wake up rather relaxed and don't let the monkey mind get restless. I was half between dreaming and waking up and wanted to move my head, but it felt hard, hard, as if I was weighed down or roofied, and it has happened a couple times already in dreams or half-dreams.

It was very dark in my room as there was a new moon recently and the public lighting is shut off from 1am to 5am where I live, so I couldn't see shit around me. I was struggling to move and heard whispers in my ears, kind of a soft whispered "shoh!" that felt absolutely terrifying to my brain, but "I" didn't panic. I managed to get out of that state but still was scared for a good 10min after waking up. Turned on the light and such. My cat was there thankfully, he helped me get back to sleep and wasn't agitated or anything. I think what I experienced was that I woke up just as "I" returned to my body, and that it's actually what most sleep paralysis is. My theory is that it's terrifying for the body when you're consciously detached from it, because that's what happens when you die, so it reacts, as the physical body is programmed to seek survival at all costs, so the brain freaks out and interprets things that are not normally scary as scary. Last night I woke up disoriented for a bit after a middle of the night dream also, couldn't figure out which way I faced, but came back to my senses quickly and didn't really have any issue.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ミ✩ T0TSUGEKI ✩彡

✩In the name of the moon, I'll punish you✩
Reaction score
Awards

Posting this one for Aral Khanym
My grandparents house was built near an abandoned cottage, and has really spooky vibes because of how old it is, and the way it is decorated. Note that I used to have a "lightning globe" (not like a normal plasma globe, but looks like little lighting bolts against the glass that follow your hand) that I often used as a nightlight, so it was kept on all night and I would often watch it while I lied in bed awake. One time, when I was having trouble sleeping, the figure of what appeared to be a young woman wearing an yellow-orange tunic and a light blue scarf on her head appeared in my room and approached the lightning globe, and reached our her hand, as if inspecting it, before disappearing a few seconds later. I told my mom about this, and she told me to never tell my dad because I would think it was a demon and try to get me exorcised or something.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Posting this one for Aral Khanym
My grandparents house was built near an abandoned cottage, and has really spooky vibes because of how old it is, and the way it is decorated. Note that I used to have a "lightning globe" (not like a normal plasma globe, but looks like little lighting bolts against the glass that follow your hand) that I often used as a nightlight, so it was kept on all night and I would often watch it while I lied in bed awake. One time, when I was having trouble sleeping, the figure of what appeared to be a young woman wearing an yellow-orange tunic and a light blue scarf on her head appeared in my room and approached the lightning globe, and reached our her hand, as if inspecting it, before disappearing a few seconds later. I told my mom about this, and she told me to never tell my dad because I would think it was a demon and try to get me exorcised or something.
Sounds like you got visited, tbh I really like this. Have you seen her again afterwards?

Virtual Cafe Awards