Is agora road part of the dead internet?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
When I was a newfag the forums were new and scary. I recall not being sure if I should make an account because the theme set off alert signals in my head.
When I was a newfag I called Sweet a pedo

Virtual Cafe Awards

Descarte Yee

The 4th musketeer
Reaction score
Awards
tonight i was browsing and posting as usual when i noticed despite 121 people being online hardly any posts had been made in the past hour and a large majority of 'people' online were guests.
View attachment 16238View attachment 16239

do all these 'people' just browse? have they left the tab open? does @IlluminatiPirate just want more ad bucks? i doubt it

This got me thinking about dead internet and if agora road was just a meta-honeypot designed to see how a user reacts to learning the internet is fake so it can make itself more robust and we are just data farms so even the most skitzo drug-addled mind could never see thru the mirage.
All these accounts are used to monitor the real users postings and all of their postings are other real users postings from a different closed of server. This creates a feed back loop of skitzos interacting BUT NEVER TRULY ABLE TO INTERACT! it makes sense why the postings ratio is off because of how many posts of a certain user would actually be able to be used by the bots monitoring and curating? this would almost act like a bottle neck.

if it still has a bottleneck of posts this leads to the conclusion that there is a small number of real users being monitored by the site witch means the program is STILL IN A BETA OR ALPHA PHASE meaning THERE IS STILL TIME TO STOP IT!
SMASH YOUR COMPUTER!!
Woooooo I'm a ghost nigga! Woooooooo!

Virtual Cafe Awards

ch4zzyklon

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not a bot. And this is something a bot would never say to disguise the fact that they are, in reality, a bot. Never.

Tbh with you all, I come to this site because it reminds me that sometimes it's easier to just take things slow and be inside a niche community with individuals that hold similar, but not so similar, ideas. In my case I just started posting and talking through the real time chat, but I try to not be so all over the place so I don't annoy you all.

Also, if Agora's intended goal is to mirror the old type of forums that used to pop up into existence during the 2000s then it's doing an excellent job. Though this could certainly cripple the general reach of the forum, since it's a format that has long been forgotten.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IronDreamer

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I am a bot. Beep boop son, beep boop.
Though this could certainly cripple the general reach of the forum, since it's a format that has long been forgotten.
You have a good point here. Internet forums, normally are much slower than other social sites. I was lurking in some bigger forums over the years, but the post quality usually goes down a lot when a lot of people are just adding the "yes, I agree" type of posts. You really have to balance the two extremes of "small place with walls of text" vs. "huge place that's basically a chatroom".

Virtual Cafe Awards

DruidVibes

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
As someone who tries to find interesting sites, if there are ANY posts within the past day, it's not part of the dead internet. The dead internet is sites that don't get new posts. Shit like 3dspaint.com where there's a featured blog post every few days or so.

Wonders if these are from Y2k aesthetics wiki article link, or that videos, news article, or by accident/ hard googling/scrapping

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
tonight i was browsing and posting as usual when i noticed despite 121 people being online hardly any posts had been made in the past hour and a large majority of 'people' online were guests.

do all these 'people' just browse? have they left the tab open?
Forums and chat groups with lots of online members where most of them are lurkers and barely few of them are active has always been a thing.

What I find weird is the fact that people who are usually lurkers at forums and chat rooms are much more active at social media. Maybe it's just in my head but that's the impression I get. What's your opinion about it?

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz

do all these 'people' just browse? have they left the tab open? does @IlluminatiPirate just want more ad bucks? i doubt it

This got me thinking about dead internet and if agora road was just a meta-honeypot designed to see how a user reacts to learning the internet is fake so it can make itself more robust and we are just data farms so even the most skitzo drug-addled mind could never see thru the mirage.
All these accounts are used to monitor the real users postings and all of their postings are other real users postings from a different closed of server. This creates a feed back loop of skitzos interacting BUT NEVER TRULY ABLE TO INTERACT! it makes sense why the postings ratio is off because of how many posts of a certain user would actually be able to be used by the bots monitoring and curating? this would almost act like a bottle neck.

if it still has a bottleneck of posts this leads to the conclusion that there is a small number of real users being monitored by the site witch means the program is STILL IN A BETA OR ALPHA PHASE meaning THERE IS STILL TIME TO STOP IT!
SMASH YOUR COMPUTER!!
Remember the 90-10 rule for forums. Out of a given population, only 10% will actively contribute to the site, and out of that 10%, only 10% will be really influential members of the community. This is the case everywhere, pretty much. I've seen posts from people who had been lurking for months or years and only created an account to reply to a specific thread. For more evidence, look at all the posts in the introduction thread from people who only have a handful of posts in their entire account history

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Remember the 90-10 rule for forums. Out of a given population, only 10% will actively contribute to the site, and out of that 10%, only 10% will be really influential members of the community. This is the case everywhere, pretty much. I've seen posts from people who had been lurking for months or years and only created an account to reply to a specific thread. For more evidence, look at all the posts in the introduction thread from people who only have a handful of posts in their entire account history
What would you count as contributing to the site? Are we talking about amount of posts, influence on the community, rate of posting. I'm curious on your opinion on the amount.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
What would you count as contributing to the site? Are we talking about amount of posts, influence on the community, rate of posting. I'm curious on your opinion on the amount.
All of it. It's not really any one metric, but many of them, all factored together. The quality of each post factors, for example, so someone with only a few posts that are significant to the history/culture/etc. of the community might have more influence than someone with thousands of posts but who mostly flies under the radar, although obviously the guy with thousands of posts still is far more influential than those with none at all.

Virtual Cafe Awards