What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Is there a game that made you feel heavily sad, for no apparent reason whatsoever?

cynxdd

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Probably Destiny 1. I never had that close of a connection to it because I was kinda young when it released but when I booted it up again in February of this year and seeing the empty tower it just made me fucking cry.

Attachments

• d1tower.jpg
    d1tower.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 11

狐 Shrine

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Although slightly embarrassing, I can't help but feel melancholy whenever I think of WoW. Similarly to others in this thread, I guess I am just nostalgic since I played it a lot growing up. I miss the feeling of being a part of a giant living, breathing world populated by others. No matter how hard modern MMO's tried, it just isn't the same. It makes me sad knowing that I will always be longing for the same experience but will never be able to feel it again. At least I will always have the OST:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA

Grape_flavored

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm stuck between Zelda ocarina of time or majoras mask. I remember I would play them on my Nintendo, fun times

Cinderpeach

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
blissnet.neocities.org
When I first beat Earthbound, I started to cry when Paula was praying for everyone to help to beat Giygas, Earthbound was a game that I remember watching my brother play on an emulator when I was younger, I remember my brother was never able to fully beat the game (something would always happen, the file would get corrupted or something). I remember once I got old enough , my brother begged me to play it, I've always had a hard time with older unforgiving games (the ones that don't come with easy mode), I have this weird fear of failure (even with games, yes, I know its dumb), but I mustered enough courage to play when I found an online emulator for it. I was able to remember most of the tips that my brother used during his playthroughs, and for the other half of the game, I used a guide (even though, I STILL felt helpless even with a guide). I got to the end where you have to use Paula's prayer move to use the energy from all the characters you met on your journey to beat Giygas.

I don't know if it was the fact that I was surprised that I was able to get that far into the game without dying repeatedly, how it was so beautiful how everyone came together to help Ness and the gang beat Giygas or thinking about the times I would stay up past my bedtime to watch my brother play Earthbound sitting on a really uncomfortable chair we had in the den that was basically falling apart at the seams on the cushion, but I didn't care, I just wanted to see if my brother would finally be able to beat the game this time, I just wanted to spend time with my brother.
I just started sobbing, uncontrollably, I was still proud of myself though, I didn't stop crying until the part where Ness takes Paula home in the post-game.

I remember calling my brother and him being both surprised and proud that I was able to beat a game that he couldn't even beat.

(I forgot to mention, it took me 3 days to beat the game and it was during the time my brother moved away from home from the first time because of his job, so I guess that hit me in a way too)

Virtual Cafe Awards