Is weirdcore vaporwave

• Thread starter Deleted member 2006
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1811 times.

Deleted member 2006

A image of dreamcore if you dont wanna search it up on google or if you dont know what it looks like
index.php

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
わかりません-これは私には蒸気波のようには見えません。ヴェイパーウェイヴのすべてのジャンルには懐かしい性質があります。夢のコアには懐かしさはあまりなく、ただシュールで奇妙なものです。上の画像が懐かしいと感じる方もいらっしゃるかもしれません。しかし、それを懐かしく感じない人はたくさんいます。夢のコアはシンセウェーブと同じくらい蒸気波に近いと言えるかもしれませんが、多少の重複はあります。蒸気波のサブジャンルではなく、主にそれ自体のジャンル。

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporghoul

どこにいますか?
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn't really say it is vaporwave. It does have similiar artistic motives however those are pretty common considering the internet and how expression is online. Really interesting stuff I've found on places like the Aesthetic wiki have similiar motives to vaporwave, which makes me appreciate the net of internet culture that has emerged.

Virtual Cafe Awards

melo_toni

blob
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm not really sure if it counts as "weirdcore," but I feel that Joel G's ENA series fits the bill somewhat. If nothing else, it evokes some visual themes from the PS1 and Geocities sites. Seriously, give this guy's stuff a watch.

View: https://youtu.be/juBv2XWnwt8

View: https://youtu.be/Td7CBNu0914

View: https://youtu.be/xUwJWv38FpY

This is incredible. It feels like a mix of point-and-click puzzle adventures, source game mods, and LSD Dream Emulator. If this is the direction vaporwave and vaporwave-inspired art is headed, then I don't mind one bit.

Reaction score
Awards
Personally I wouldn't consider it a subgenre of vaporwave. Weirdcore in a sense is related to vaporwave, but you can really only associate the two if you take the low quality graphics and early 2000s graphics into consideration. But weirdcore is such a vast aesthetic that it can be difficult to pin down certain traits. From what I can tell weirdcore is a collage of just random weird images that leaves you with a "tf did I just look at" sort of feeling. I'm sure there is a yt vid out there that explains it better lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
A image of dreamcore if you dont wanna search it up on google or if you dont know what it looks like
index.php
Just a by the way the image you use would be considered traumacore instead of weirdcore. The two aesthetics of weirdcore and trauma core are similar in essence but are not the same. Weircore is more just visually jarring images while traumacore delves into trauma related things. Traumacore is usually represented by images of limimal spaces with simple text saying things such as "please stop looking at me" or "I'm sorry". This is why the image you used would be considered "traumacore". I do not suggest looking into this "aesthetic" since it is heavily associated with SA and other things may be triggering to some people. This is important because weirdcore/dreamcore commonly gets mixed up with traumacore. Here is a good video on it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7abDnp4Ik

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Just a by the way the image you use would be considered traumacore instead of weirdcore. The two aesthetics of weirdcore and trauma core are similar in essence but are not the same. Weircore is more just visually jarring images while traumacore delves into trauma related things. Traumacore is usually represented by images of limimal spaces with simple text saying things such as "please stop looking at me" or "I'm sorry". This is why the image you used would be considered "traumacore". I do not suggest looking into this "aesthetic" since it is heavily associated with SA and other things may be triggering to some people. This is important because weirdcore/dreamcore commonly gets mixed up with traumacore. Here is a good video on it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7abDnp4Ik

とても興味深い。私はトラウマについての美学があるとは思いもしませんでした。外傷は子供時代に最も頻繁に獲得されるので、これは理にかなっています、それでそれについて一種の郷愁があるでしょう

Virtual Cafe Awards

melo_toni

blob
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Personally I wouldn't consider it a subgenre of vaporwave. Weirdcore in a sense is related to vaporwave, but you can really only associate the two if you take the low quality graphics and early 2000s graphics into consideration. But weirdcore is such a vast aesthetic that it can be difficult to pin down certain traits. From what I can tell weirdcore is a collage of just random weird images that leaves you with a "tf did I just look at" sort of feeling. I'm sure there is a yt vid out there that explains it better lol.
I agree, weirdcore is a vast and hard-to-define aesthetic. I tried listening to a weirdcore mix on youtube and I had a tough time pinning down exactly what the sound is supposed to be. It's fairly new at the moment but given a year or so I'm sure it'll settle into something more easily identifiable and unique.

Also I really don't get eatbabies. Weird shit.

death

iii
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn't say that all of cores are vaporwave, like weirdcore, gorecore, cleancore, etc. But if you would ask about glitchcore / cloudcore / crystalcore, these may be part of vaporwave, IMO. I checked a site to make my thoughts sure in Fandom. You can check some images in there if you are interested.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
コアサフィックスが付いた美学のほとんどは、蒸気波ではありません。波の接尾辞は、あなたが知っていると思う何かのかすんでいて神秘的なヒントである、エーテル的でとらえどころのない何かを意味します。コアサフィックスは、決定的なテーマを持つセットの美学をより詳しく説明しています

Virtual Cafe Awards