ITT: A.I. Generated Art

Post A.I. generated art that you prompted! Be sure to let us know which program you used for each image. Below are some examples of my art!

tabernacle.png

TITLE: t_bernacle
Prompt: "Catholic marble saint statue in an empty arcade dark 80s neon vaporwave mall"
Program(s): DALL-E 2, touched up with Pixlr
------

midnightmfinal-min.png

TITLE: Midnight Missionaries
Prompt: "vintage pulp comic cover of a priest and a cowboy fighting a ghost in the night desert"
Program(s): Midjourney, DALL-E 2, touched up with Pixlr

Virtual Cafe Awards

eve

Professional Loser
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
evvv.org
Using the DALLE-2 website app
Some of the prompts i used:

• "early 2000's abandoned mall, creepy, artificial lighting, photograph"
  • "early 2000s abandoned mall, flash photography"
  • "early 2000s empty liminal space, flash photography"
  • "a photograph of a familiar place"
  • "a photograph of the backrooms"

Attachments

• backrooms.png
    backrooms.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • familiar.png
    familiar.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • industrial.png
    industrial.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  • y2k.png
    y2k.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 77
  • flash.png
    flash.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
  • liminal.png
    liminal.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • back rooms.png
    back rooms.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Dalle 2:
This is the ai's prediction for future video games haha!

"Half life 3 gameplay featuring gorden freeman and alyx vance by valve studios"

hl3.png

"Nintendo switch 2 made by Nintendo RND"

ns2.png

"Watch dogs 3 gameplay from ubisoft studios"

wd3.png

"far cry 7 gameplay made by ubisoft studios"

fc7.png

"vaporwave 2022"

vw2022.png

"Mario odyssey 2 gameplay made by Nintendo EPD"

SMO2.png

"Conservative/liberal utopia"

con2.png

lib2.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Dalle 2:
This is the ai's prediction for future video games haha!

"Half life 3 gameplay featuring gorden freeman and alyx vance by valve studios"

View attachment 39621

"Nintendo switch 2 made by Nintendo RND"

View attachment 39622

"Watch dogs 3 gameplay from ubisoft studios"

View attachment 39623
"far cry 7 gameplay made by ubisoft studios"

View attachment 39624

"vaporwave 2022"

View attachment 39625

"Mario odyssey 2 gameplay made by Nintendo EPD"

View attachment 39626
"Conservative/liberal utopia"

View attachment 39627

View attachment 39628

It doesn't look like the AI can do text very well. LOL

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
Cool thread. Dall-E has recently been opened to the public without having a waitlist, so sign up if you want to give your information to a faceless corporation in exchange to curb your boredom for a little while -> https://openai.com/dall-e-2/

Here are a handful of my favorites. None of these are modified in any way, they are fresh off the presses. This tech is clearly still rudimentary, but it sure is fun to mess with. In regards to AI in general, we're kind of in the point of history similar to boilers and basic steam engines prior to the understanding of the laws of thermodynamics: we know they sort of work, but we have no idea how, and sometimes there are explosions.

Let's start with some Iron Maiden lyrics ->
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM
:

"In the mist, dark figures move and twist. Torches blazed and sacred chants were praised. In the night, the fires are burning bright. The ritual has begun, Satan's work is done"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.37.15 - In the mist, dark figures move and twist. Torches blazed and sacr...png

This one kinda looks like me:

"A psychonaut dreaming of reality from another dimension, in psychedlic art style"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.37.39.png

This one missed the boat on the 'colonists going mad' part, but cool generation ship. I like the weird sea-shell on the side of it:

"a generation ship where the colonists are going mad"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.38.00 - a generation ship where the colonists are going mad.jpg

I really like the apparent creativity of this one, with the knotted brain trying to grasp anything outside of this feedback loop:

"a fever dream about everything happening at once"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.38.33 - a fever dream about everything happening at once.png

I like how the nerd in the cloak is fat:

"a D&D group deliberating on how to split the treasure from a dungeon"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.39.12 - a D&D group deliberating on how to split the treasure from a dung...png

I really like this one, very creative! The child is the unwilling monster, and is in a bed that's under the bed of of an entity larger than her:

"a tentacle monster hiding under the bed of a frightened child at night."​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.39.50 - a tentacle monster hiding under the bed of a frightened child at ...png

Not bad:

"a cyberpunk picture of an early 80s punk girl eating sushi beneath a neon dragon sign"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.40.16 - a cyberpunk picture of an early 80s punk girl eating sushi beneat...png

I really like this one, it's quite accurate. Look at the faces. Clearly, the viewer is tripping pretty hard:

"a rave in the early 90s"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.58.04 - a rave in the early 90s.png

No city (lame), but I like the stern and disaffected look of the scientist:

"a futuristic city inside of a small terrarium, with a giant scientist looking in at it."​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 20.06.40 - a futuristic city inside of a small terrarium, with a giant scien...png

I like the creativity of this one, the last people are just shadows on the wall, like Plato's 'Allegory of the Cave':

"The last campfire ever to be lit in the world, surrounded by the last survivors of humanity, in a pixelart style."​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.40.49 - The last campfire ever to be lit in the world, surrounded by the ...png

Let's finish up with a manga legend, Junji Ito. What if 'Spiral' was about triangles instead? I like the crazed look of the dude on the right:

"a junji ito comic about triangles"​

DALL·E 2022-10-05 19.45.10 - a junji ito comic about triangles.png

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
Easy

"Aphex Twin getting yelled at by Simpson Jesus"​

DALL·E 2022-09-26 23.59.03 - Aphex Twin getting yelled at by Simpson Jesus.png

"An instructional diagram of smelling farts"​

DALL·E 2022-10-06 22.19.03 - An instructional diagram of smelling farts.png

"Miku Simpson doing viral Tik Tok dance"​

DALL·E 2022-10-06 22.22.07 - Miku Simpson doing viral Tik Tok dance.png

"photograph of funny"​

This one has Loab like qualities
DALL·E 2022-10-06 22.23.37 - photograph of funny.png

"Photo of goofy shame in the Mcdonalds"​

DALL·E 2022-10-06 22.25.37 - Photo of goofy shame in the Mcdonalds.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

JamBrain

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
jambrain.neocities.org
NovelAI's image generation tool is absolutely fantastic. I have been experimenting with it these last few days, and the results are quite good
cyberpunk, {{pixel art}}, night, raining, neon, neon lights, moon, street, dirty, dark, s-2619...png
"cyberpunk, {{pixel art}}, night, raining, neon, neon lights, moon, street, dirty, dark,"
While not pixel-perfect, the AI is able to generate surprisingly clean pixel art. Keeping it to environmental backgrounds works best, pixel art humans tends to confuse the AI.
cyberpunk, night, raining, neon, food stall, ramen, 1girl, punk, goth, green neon hair, pierci...png

cyberpunk, night, raining, neon, food stall, ramen, 1girl, punk, goth, green neon hair, piercings, eating, "A cyberpunk eating ramen noodles at a stall in chinatown in the year 2077.",

Minus some issues with the hands and the piercings, its a quite beautiful piece, i love the jacket it made for her to wear.
lainupload.png

(I dont remember the gen i used for this one, sorry, it was a mess)
This is an edited picture by yours truly. i generated two images that were both imperfect but in different ways. Spent 2 hours in paint.net and merged them together with some digital fuckery and made myself a new phone wallpaper!

Its a shame that this is a paid service, I get unlimited generations though, so if anyone has some ideas I'd be happy to generate some stuff for y'all.
I know the source code got leaked a week ago, so maybe this will be able to be run on local systems for free soon, here is hoping!

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Just some salt I found on an imageboard, reposted here for entertainment purposes and maybe discussion haha

Attachments

• 1856a93f1b50dd23e9dbbd17a8d11c83da8624f0e1ab26ca5c4b094339d82b64.jpg
    1856a93f1b50dd23e9dbbd17a8d11c83da8624f0e1ab26ca5c4b094339d82b64.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 54d49e8f08ce4a33eb9c6aa8eeffa5157925c73fe024beeea86bff68caefc04e.jpg
    54d49e8f08ce4a33eb9c6aa8eeffa5157925c73fe024beeea86bff68caefc04e.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 431c53943bb8fb709c67438d9a9cc0338e7c724d483333385c948b735e55689c.png
    431c53943bb8fb709c67438d9a9cc0338e7c724d483333385c948b735e55689c.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 15ed003fb8d4bf5ebc87be13f92c34d2256f3e1791ee7eecec92f5a59d3a9fd1.png
    15ed003fb8d4bf5ebc87be13f92c34d2256f3e1791ee7eecec92f5a59d3a9fd1.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 2aefb8185beccdfe14dece559a8e4173ce225dc181f9bafddeb2f5f994a1195b.png
    2aefb8185beccdfe14dece559a8e4173ce225dc181f9bafddeb2f5f994a1195b.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 86
Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
Just some salt I found on an imageboard, reposted here for entertainment purposes and maybe discussion haha
Do they seriously believe they can be superseded by AI? I doubt it will do anything other than destroy the hentai-furry commission market, which if you ask me is a massive favor. Other art such as comics, regular commissions, etc. will likely remain 90% untouched. Most of the people who buy regular art commissions are usually sympathetic to artists and will probably not use AI art; no matter how good AI art gets they will insist that it isn't the same for some indescribable reason.
So I don't know why they are freaking out other than the moral panic, which doesn't really matter because... come on, we've had photoshopped celebrity nudes since the dawn of time, and 4chan threads where they get girls from their college 'X-rayed'. It's literally just gonna be those same people using these AI tools.
In summary, I think that the effect of AI on art will be far less than people think it is, other than maybe sparking some trends for a few years, causing people to double-guess if an artist is genuine or not, and if we're lucky we'll see a couple fart-sniffing galleries host 'AI-only' exhibitions. And maybe then it'll all die off.
Everywhere else on the other hand, will get much more affected by AI than the art world

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
1856a93f1b50dd23e9dbbd17a8d11c83da8624f0e1ab26ca5c4b094339d82b64.jpg

Ok so I just saw this comic that Andy Kaufman posted, and God is it dumb. It present people that generate art as thieves who directly steal and combine art from hardworking artists. But wait isn't that similar to how actual art is made? Why yes it is! All art is based off of previous work, it's called inspiration, and it's seen in all art mediums. You can see that every creative work can be traced back to other works. This applies to ai art as well, where the ai takes Inspiration from the art in it's database. This is something that all artists do, the only thing that's different is that ai art can do it faster. Anyway thanks for bringing this dumb stuff to me, I love ripping through it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Do they seriously believe they can be superseded by AI? I doubt it will do anything other than destroy the hentai-furry commission market, which if you ask me is a massive favor. Other art such as comics, regular commissions, etc. will likely remain 90% untouched. Most of the people who buy regular art commissions are usually sympathetic to artists and will probably not use AI art; no matter how good AI art gets they will insist that it isn't the same for some indescribable reason.
So I don't know why they are freaking out other than the moral panic, which doesn't really matter because... come on, we've had photoshopped celebrity nudes since the dawn of time, and 4chan threads where they get girls from their college 'X-rayed'. It's literally just gonna be those same people using these AI tools.
In summary, I think that the effect of AI on art will be far less than people think it is, other than maybe sparking some trends for a few years, causing people to double-guess if an artist is genuine or not, and if we're lucky we'll see a couple fart-sniffing galleries host 'AI-only' exhibitions. And maybe then it'll all die off.
Everywhere else on the other hand, will get much more affected by AI than the art world
Well anything companies would pay a designer for will probably be done by AI too. Logo design and shit like this. Stockphotos anyway. Considering how rapidly this tech is improving, I'd give it a few more years until the first companies will choose these bots over a human.
Also everyone needing a one time comission that wouldn't normally pay 50 bucks for it. Something like:
"Draw Andy Kaufman in a Christmas sweater and santa hat. " would be fun to use as a pfp for here but I'd never spend money for that but prompting an AI for free however...

Pen and paper/ ttrpg nerds like me who want cool character art would also just ask AI to draw it for free or a few pennies instead of going through 10 revisions over 3 months with some fat chick on fiverr and pay her 30 coins for some pic I'll forget about in 3 years.
Art is simply is becoming more accessible in the sense that everyone now has a private artist at their disposal. And if you think about it, it's kinda what tech has always done. Regular warm baths, lots of meat/fish and all the spices of the world used to be a luxury for noblemen.
Today even the average joe can easily afford it. Now telling "someone" to paint/draw something for you also isn't a matter of wealth/status/money anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Well anything companies would pay a designer for will probably be done by AI too. Logo design and shit like this. Stockphotos anyway. Considering how rapidly this tech is improving, I'd give it a few more years until the first companies will choose these bots over a human.
Also everyone needing a one time comission that wouldn't normally pay 50 bucks for it. Something like:
"Draw Andy Kaufman in a Christmas sweater and santa hat. " would be fun to use as a pfp for here but I'd never spend money for that but prompting an AI for free however...

Pen and paper/ ttrpg nerds like me who want cool character art would also just ask AI to draw it for free or a few pennies instead of going through 10 revisions over 3 months with some fat chick on fiverr and pay her 30 coins for some pic I'll forget about in 3 years.
Art is simply is becoming more accessible in the sense that everyone now has a private artist at their disposal. And if you think about it, it's kinda what tech has always done. Regular warm baths, lots of meat/fish and all the spices of the world used to be a luxury for noblemen.
Today even the average joe can easily afford it. Now telling "someone" to paint/draw something for you also isn't a matter of wealth/status/money anymore.
So true. I do a lot of concept art prepwork before fully delving into my creative projects, but I am horrible at drawing. The things in my head are nearly impossible to place onto a page without fully devoting myself to honing the specific style, which is costly and time-consuming. It used to be that I would drop $20-30 to a Fiverr artist and wait weeks for EVERY PIECE just so I could have somewhat presentable concept art, but it never came out how I wanted it to anyway. Now with A.I., I can produce this work in minutes, for less than $1 per image, with better results than commision artists. For the full, final work, you can't replace a human (yet), but as for per-production, in my book, A.I. has already won.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
So true. I do a lot of concept art prepwork before fully delving into my creative projects, but I am horrible at drawing. The things in my head are nearly impossible to place onto a page without fully devoting myself to honing the specific style, which is costly and time-consuming. It used to be that I would drop $20-30 to a Fiverr artist and wait weeks for EVERY PIECE just so I could have somewhat presentable concept art, but it never came out how I wanted it to anyway. Now with A.I., I can produce this work in minutes, for less than $1 per image, with better results than commision artists. For the full, final work, you can't replace a human (yet), but as for per-production, in my book, A.I. has already won.
It's also gonna be a blessing for gamedevs since asset generation is time consuming and/or expensive. But if AI keep developing this way, some lone indie dev who's good a programming but bad with art/3D modeling can just let AI do the assets.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Oh, I see how it is, because it's affecting their mental health NOW they're actually AGAINST the notions of "progress", "technology", and "science™". What a bunch of frauds. :LaughHard:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards