ITT games only you have played

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Hmm, I can't think of two titles I have never seen any one on the internet mention casually.

• Adventure Labyrinth Story - some very bad roguelite 3DS eshop grabage
  • Curling DS - A game made by Ubisoft that is about anime girl doing curling.
labyrinth_story.PNG

curling_ds.PNG

Aside from obvious game prototypes I make that I never release, here's some honourable mentions:

• Quinteroy: A somewhat decent ARPG that never released IIRC. I was one of the beta tester.
  • Aedemphia: Very good french RPG Maker game (a translation is in the works though). It's somewhat popular in the french indie scene but almost totally unknown to the rest of the world.
Pictured below are some images from Aedemphia:
Ae1.png

Ae2.jpg

elia925-6

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hikikomori Simulator. If you Google it, you'll find some results but none of those are the game I'm talking about. This would have been 11 or 12 years ago, but I briefly hung around this obscure alt Chan that was filled with a bunch of people who identified as hikikomori. Out of morbid curiosity I stuck around for a while (until their depression started to seep into me, which got to me finally leave that forsaken place). In any case, I remember one of the Anons there posted a little game he made that simulated being a Hikikomori. It always ends with the characters death, either through starvation or suicide. And it's up to you to get him to survive as long as possible.

It wasn't bad. It nailed the depressing vibe while still being engaging. I might still have a copy of it on my super old laptop. But I won't be able to access that anytime soon.
I would like to make a game with this theme

Virtual Cafe Awards
Legends and Myths (1995) is a deeply upsetting childhood memory that I have suppressed. Occasionally, it bubbles back to the surface and I remember that I never finished this weird point-and-click adventure game. Apparently, it's supposed to be educational but I think it might be part of some kind of trauma-based mind control program. I think it's a Windows 95 game but it might work on DOS. I've never been able to get it to run correctly in a virtual environment. Anyway, there's an ISO available on the Internet Archive if you want it.
OH BOI :scardoggo:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Realspace 3
I also played Realspace 1 and 2 but those were just flash games. Realspace 3 came in a box and everything. Or, at least I remember it coming in a box.
It was pretty fun, sadly I think the company went out of business. Also the ending sucked, I don't think anything even gets resolved.
realspace-3_1.jpg

realspace-3_2.jpg

real-space-3-1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
Let's post some old ass DOS games! How about some Microprose classics? Let's do some more obscure ones, no 'Pirates!'

I'll bet none of you guys have played these.

Sword of the Samurai still holds up, and I think it's from 89. Sid Meier did the dueling minigame (which honestly sucked). Rise to power in the Sengoku Jidai period of Japan's history, and form your own shogunate:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmFq9cttYMY

Covert Action. Sid Meier hated this one, and said it made him swore off the 'bunch of mini games tied in to one meta game' idea, but I never thought that was a problem. This game is pretty innovative. I still don't know of a spy game that follows this format. Sure, you sneak in to buildings to find info, wiretap places, follow cars, but you have piece the puzzles together as well. So many cool ideas from ages past are still being unexplored today, and have fallen by the wayside. It was a huge disappointment in the day critically speaking, but I thought it had a lot of charm.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-VAwGlghoU

How about the best one of these of all: Darklands. The only purely historical Medieval RPG (non fantasy related) that I can remember playing before Kingdom Come. Historical music! It's a sandbox 15th century Holy Roman Empire classic. Even if the church is doing fucked up things, you'd better not oppose them, or you're going to lose a lot of religious 'mana'! Be an alchemist with cool potions that sometimes explode when you're making them, and cast 'spells' by praying to various saints. Also, fight satanism, witches, and robber barons:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG9YoJRdpSI

Virtual Cafe Awards

harriet2020

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hikikomori Simulator. If you Google it, you'll find some results but none of those are the game I'm talking about. This would have been 11 or 12 years ago, but I briefly hung around this obscure alt Chan that was filled with a bunch of people who identified as hikikomori. Out of morbid curiosity I stuck around for a while (until their depression started to seep into me, which got to me finally leave that forsaken place). In any case, I remember one of the Anons there posted a little game he made that simulated being a Hikikomori. It always ends with the characters death, either through starvation or suicide. And it's up to you to get him to survive as long as possible.

It wasn't bad. It nailed the depressing vibe while still being engaging. I might still have a copy of it on my super old laptop. But I won't be able to access that anytime soon.
That sounds like an experience. If anything like digital seclusion I would love it. If you know where I might track a copy down LMK (I do realize you said it wasn't easily accessible on google)

Virtual Cafe Awards
That sounds like an experience. If anything like digital seclusion I would love it. If you know where I might track a copy down LMK (I do realize you said it wasn't easily accessible on google)
Man, I really wish I could help. But the old laptop it would be on is at my parents' house, and these days I live really far away from there. I'm interested in finding it too though, so I might ask my sister to check it out the next time she visits them. Also, I'm glad that it sounds like you enjoyed Digital Seclusion, always happy to hear when people like it!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Fisherman's Challenge for PS2 is a.... obscure fishing game that I used to play the crap out of back in the 00s, it's almost two decades old now but it's still better than every modern fishing games that I can find, they all played like crap honestly, include fishing in Far Cry 5 which is plain tedious.

explorAR

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cybos.neocities.org
Unholy Heights, indie game I found on steam. I love hotel management games, and this one has a fair balance of depth, but it isn't overly complex for the sake of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5BrdBx16g

Tokyo Jungle, ps3 game. This is one of those games I had on my radar when it came out, but wasn't able to play it for some years later. The premise of surviving the post-apocalypse as house pets and escaped zoo animals was too enticing to me. It is strange how the mechanics actual play out, but extremely satisfying. It also benefits from being a japanese game and having that batshit factor, where the types of animals you can unlock gets absurd.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hre_wG7UFYE

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Tokyo Jungle, ps3 game. This is one of those games I had on my radar when it came out, but wasn't able to play it for some years later. The premise of surviving the post-apocalypse as house pets and escaped zoo animals was too enticing to me. It is strange how the mechanics actual play out, but extremely satisfying. It also benefits from being a japanese game and having that batshit factor, where the types of animals you can unlock gets absurd.

oh, I spent hours playing this on rpcs3 emulator on pc, maxxed my beagle and slaughter hundreds of lions and tigers with it, it's quite hilarious to see a dog killing a full grown male lion in one bite.
1111.png

Reaction score
Awards
Unholy Heights, indie game I found on steam. I love hotel management games, and this one has a fair balance of depth, but it isn't overly complex for the sake of it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM5BrdBx16g

Jokes on you, i also played the shit out of Tokyo Jungle

1668180115822.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
oh, I spent hours playing this on rpcs3 emulator on pc, maxxed my beagle and slaughter hundreds of lions and tigers with it, it's quite hilarious to see a dog killing a full grown male lion in one bite.
View attachment 43370
i love this image, ps3 aesthetics are quite unique.

Virtual Cafe Awards