ITT games only you have played

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Have you tried Grezzo 2? It's semi-obscure and offensive, though maybe not on the level of the ones in your list
Yep, I have played Grezzo 2 several times. Pretty funny for something I could not understand, for I do not speak Italian.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I recall AVGN doing a video on that a decade ago.
Didn't know he did a review on that, I definetly need to go back and watch it

Virtual Cafe Awards

DOOM95.EXE

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
SuperAdventureIsland2.png

Super Adventure Island 2 for Super NES

It's a really fucking underrated action RPG, like a 16-bit Wonderboy or prototype Symphony of the Night before Castlevania went all Metroid. Nothing like the previous games in the series which were all arcade runners. I've never met anybody else who has played this game let alone owned it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
griptape-backbone.jpeg

Instantly thought of Griptape Backbone, which should be right up this forum's alley. It's a vaporwave skateboarding game made by this independent developer who is into the whole 'games are art' thing. I don't believe in that, but I give him credit where credit is due; unlike most 'games are art' wankers, he made a game that's actually fun to play. The gravity in this game changes to fit the surface you are on, so you can skate on walls, upside down and whatever you like. It's not perfect but plenty of fun. It's free as well, which means I didn't have to pirate it :marioStyle: and it has a few little easter eggs which are fun to find. Little personal momentos of the developers life embedded which aren't in your face, but are just cool little touches that make it feel a little more special.

I still boot it up every now and then and play for an hour or two

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Website
myspace.com
capsule_616x353.jpg

Anyone else play Tiny and Big? It's a short but fun game where you basically slice up the environment into chunks, then grapple/rocket them around to help you navigate. If you like the movie Six String Samurai, you might also like this game since it also takes place in a desert, is very quirky, has a great soundtrack, and is generally lots of fun

Virtual Cafe Awards

Legacy

Raised in the Wilds of Web 1.0
Reaction score
Awards
This game was absolute garbage, in hindsight plays like it was coded as a college student's grad project. For a while it was the lowest rated game on Gamespot but that must have been the only other person to have played it. I can't believe it's an Infogrames title, they've got games like Neverwinter Nights and Alone in the Dark under their belt

Attachments

• E2E74964-F499-4071-B7C3-FE57EEBE0FE1.jpeg
    E2E74964-F499-4071-B7C3-FE57EEBE0FE1.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 61
Virtual Cafe Awards

disco

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
863700-ghoul_panic_cover.jpg
b29.gif
ce00091454ac58bfc6d2926b1a927974e96a1792r1-540-405_hq.gif

Unfortunately the disc snapped in half. I held it, asked my friend if he wanted to play and broke the disc in 2 due to holding it too hard. He gasped and I claimed I did it on purpose because the game was boring. I was trying to be cool but I was actually devastated it broke.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I suppose it's not that obsure — in Sega Saturn terms, that is — but still it's not a game I see mentioned very often.
The game I've been playing recently is Bulk Slash, and it's pretty cool I think:
33090_jp-Bulk-Slash.jpg

It's a JP exclusive, but it got a translation recently, with a fandub and everything!
Given how poor the emulation was I while trying to play it, I find that amount of effort to be impressive.

I don't exactly love the controls, but its aesthetics are something I find especially pleasing.
53956-Bulk_Slash_(J)-7.jpg

The HUD overlay, along with the various navigators who pop up on screen and react to what you're doing is just very nice I think:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Quinault Victory

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
1654987103829.png

The re-released JP version is the one to play since it has both halves of the game on a single disc instead of separate releases so SEGA could have a game on the shelf at launch. You still have to choose part 1 or part 2 in the menu, but it's lucky they did that or it would have come out after Toy Story and Pixar would have legaled the fuck out of them.

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards

You aren't the only Pitfall The Lost Expedition appreciator :) The Wii version was one of the first non-DS games I played, and I thought it was incredible. Loved the half open world thing, I would just run around in it roleplaying. Once I played through the whole game again just to reach that stealth section near the end, and made a setup with saves so I could replay it whenever. I honestly think it was a great game.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards

Gundam Battle Assault 2 has no reason to be as good as it is

And here is a rather early example of a 3d game that let you drive on walls, it's a sort of sports title where you and 2 ai controlled teammates try to move a ball to a goal in a sort of 3d maze. It's rather trippy, and is also known by basically no one.

64373-Locus.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Radiance_One

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Shade 1.jpg
Shade 2.jpg

shade 3.jpg

I remember buying this game (the bootleg at least) in like 2007 or 2008, and playing it on a friend's PC because mine wasn't powerful enough to run it. It's no longer sold in any store, i should pirate it to give my youger self some closure.
Also played a lot of freeware and demos, probably lost to time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
legends_1.jpg

legends_2.jpg

legends_3.jpg

legends_4.jpg

legends_5.jpg

legends_6.jpg

legends_7.jpg

legends_8.jpg
Legends and Myths (1995) is a deeply upsetting childhood memory that I have suppressed. Occasionally, it bubbles back to the surface and I remember that I never finished this weird point-and-click adventure game. Apparently, it's supposed to be educational but I think it might be part of some kind of trauma-based mind control program. I think it's a Windows 95 game but it might work on DOS. I've never been able to get it to run correctly in a virtual environment. Anyway, there's an ISO available on the Internet Archive if you want it.

Virtual Cafe Awards