ITT Post Your Waifu(s): Let's Not Pretend You Don't Have One Edition

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
How is this thread 11 pages long?
The users in this forum are too good natured. Usually these kinds of threads turn into 100+ page flamewars

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
New wifi status, top 7:
Dr.Takemi (Persona 5)
1674426003141.png

Junko (Touhou: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom)
1674426067357.png

Eva: 01 (Evangelion)
1674426101279.png

Grell (Black Buttler)
1674426150271.png

Major Makoto (Toast in the shell)
1674426233799.png

Re-l Mayer (Ergo Proxy aka "the girl from the evanescence album cover")
1674426354265.png

Ozzen (made in abyss)
1674426441707.png

I like older women.
bottom text

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

Mayuri from Steins;Gate. She's best girl in my opinion.

1685759297895.png

1685759272044.png
1685759398313.png
1685759599734.png
1685759708186.png

1685759830022.png

1667669482652-0.jpg

Occasionally, I wonder about the reasons why people such as myself are so attached to what are essentially just ideas. They don't exist physically, though I would make the argument that if you imagine them and can have a conversation that is "generated" by your imagination, then your waifu or husbando exist from your perspective.
Maybe it's an unconscious preference like a fetish or because of social alienation. I don't like "3D women" though I don't like people in general so therefore I'm not misogynistic. Progressive movements like LGBTQ+ seem to be reacted to in a far more accepting manner by the public and corporations than people that might be exclusively attracted to Anime characters. I'm not sure why. We could be a sexual minority.

Attachments

• 1685759451831.png
    1685759451831.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
Occasionally, I wonder about the reasons why people such as myself are so attached to what are essentially just ideas. They don't exist physically, though I would make the argument that if you imagine them and can have a conversation that is "generated" by your imagination, then your waifu or husbando exist from your perspective.
Maybe it's an unconscious preference like a fetish or because of social alienation. I don't like "3D women" though I don't like people in general so therefore I'm not misogynistic.
Makes a lot of sense to me. Anime characters are static (they'll never change, and they're set in stone after the series is done, or the novel is fully published, or the manga is over), so when someone adopts them as a waifu it's just an imaginary friend with extra steps. And then you can have a perfect girlfriend without the effort of socialization or showering, not to mention that there's no fights or cheating.
I know because I used to feel the same as what I highlighted in your post.

(also, the evolution of a waifu is the vtuber - same anime girl but now she's real?! which means you get more features of real girls but you still get to feel empty inside)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
(also, the evolution of a waifu is the vtuber - same anime girl but now she's real?! which means you get more features of real girls but you still get to feel empty inside)
I have some weird respect to traditional waifu-fags, since they at least commit to the fantasy of it. And in some extreme cases, almost create a weird religion out of it. But I detest the vtuber trend since imo the people who obsess over them are no better than simps.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

There's also language models you could train to portray a similar personality to a character of your choosing. When AGI is finally reached, waifus can become metaphysically real. It depends on the circumstances and philosophical beliefs, but if AGI can possess free will, then "3D women" are no longer needed (the same goes for husbandos)
In the Evangelion Rebuild movies there's an interpretation that Shinji represents Otakus and Rei represents waifus. When the near 3rd impact happens, Shinji makes his waifu real at the expense of most of the human population. After the NTI, the Rei clone isn't what Shinji wanted since she doesn't have all the qualities that the "real" Rei had. So I think that we're going to experience something similar.

I'll admit that I'm not entirely sure if this post went too far or is incoherent.

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
since they at least commit to the fantasy of it. And in some extreme cases, almost create a weird religion out of it.
You've made me realize there's an uncomfortable intersection between waifuism and the ideas of Bhakti Yoga and buddhist tantric texts - it's literally spiritual practices focused on loving devotion to a personal deity.
Do you know any of them? I'm sure whatever we have over here, there's 100x wilder stuff in Japan

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
You've made me realize there's an uncomfortable intersection between waifuism and the ideas of Bhakti Yoga and buddhist tantric texts - it's literally spiritual practices focused on loving devotion to a personal deity.
Do you know any of them? I'm sure whatever we have over here, there's 100x wilder stuff in Japan
That's an interesting connection. Leaping off of that, I am aware that Tulpa's were a concept that originally appropriated ideas initially developed from either Buddhist or Hindu sources. Although what's interesting, is that while the root concept may come from Buddhist and Hindu sources, the actual notion of developing thought forums seems to be strictly a result of western occultism taking and reformulating those ideas. If you look at the Wikipedia page of Tulpa, it attributes the idea more to Theosophy than anything else. (Something I just discovered now, although in retrospect doesn't surprise me).

Anyway, I bring up tuplas because I'm aware from certain threads on /x/ that some people try to manifest their waifus that way. And I'm sure that at least some of those threads/posts are reasonably genuine. As for Japan, I can't say I'm aware of anything wilder. Of course you have cases of people legally marrying anime/vidya characters, but aside from that I'm not aware of anything else. Certainly nothing as esoteric.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

I have a question... Asuka or Rei?

I'm not sure how to describe Asuka exactly though I think she's somewhat of a Normalfag or Stacy ( I don't like using that word but it fits the context).

Rei isn't a bully and is more similar to me, so I say Rei.

1685789068757.png

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I have a question... Asuka or Rei?

I'm not sure how to describe Asuka exactly though I think she's somewhat of a Normalfag or Stacy ( I don't like using that word but it fits the context).

Rei isn't a bully and is more similar to me, so I say Rei.

View attachment 63739
IMG_1062.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards