ITT Post Your Waifu(s): Let's Not Pretend You Don't Have One Edition

So what if her job is to
murder 9S and erase his memories over and over forever.
I don't care.

2B.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I am greatly dissapointed by my fellow agorians. I thought you people had long concluded that romanticising a cluster of pixels was not the best idea of the world long ago.

Disapointing but not suprising.

Deleted member 4436

I am greatly dissapointed by my fellow agorians. I thought you people had long concluded that romanticising a cluster of pixels was not the best idea of the world long ago.

Not surprising, perhaps, for destiny it is, surely, no matter how disappointing it may seem. It is by no coincidence that the hearts of men romanticize these seemingly unreal women, just as that romanticism has been directed elsewhere throughout history. It is not unlike the idealization at the root of all beliefs, lest you commit to the idea that there is nothing but matter in the universe, and give it to what should be the cosmic irrelevance of humans. It is the same romanticism that clings to an unreal recent past, to which people now refer to as 'nostalgia', and to which clings equally to an unreal distant past, among those with Greek statue and Roman symbol avatars, whom clamor a return to the height of the old world. It coincidentally the same romanticization which, to those men of that world which they idolize, first allowed them to deliberate the concepts which we so take for granted nowadays, from Aristotle wishing to assert his model of causes into the minds of the populace, or for Plato wishing for the ideal state of the Republic. It is equally Plato, with his forms, who proposed this dichotomy; there will always be the ideal of what we want, removed from the sensual world, just as in the waifu, which takes the ideal form of a partner.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 4436

For some reason, I love me some sub 70 IQ anime girls.
View attachment 42550
Ah aqua, so earnest, so retarded.
Now you see this guy, SomaSpice, the champ, you see he gets it

Women really are at their best when they're as dumb as I am

Misuzu a cute
Misuzu the best
screenshot.png

She has me like
MISUZU OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
Not surprising, perhaps, for destiny it is, surely, no matter how disappointing it may seem. It is by no coincidence that the hearts of men romanticize these seemingly unreal women, just as that romanticism has been directed elsewhere throughout history. It is the same romanticism that clings to an unreal recent past, to which people now refer to as 'nostalgia', and to which clings equally to an unreal distant past, among those with Greek statue and Roman symbol avatars, whom clamor a return to the height of the old world. It coincidentally the same romanticization which, to those men of that world which they idolize, first allowed them to deliberate the concepts which we so take for granted nowadays, from Aristotle wishing to assert his model of causes into the minds of the populace, or for Plato wishing for the ideal state of the Republic. It is equally Plato, with his forms, who proposed this dichotomy; there will always be the ideal of what we want, removed from the sensual world, just as in the waifu, which takes the ideal form of a partner.
This is why all emotions need to be thrown aside. Only through eternity (external stagnance) can we be closer to utopia. Although I supossse it's not impossible that something else would substitute love and nostalgia should they be forced to cease to exists.

That being said, I enjoy "creating life" and then discarding it. In one of my last game, the program was structured in a way where multiple endings where implied, but all lead to the death of a certain character which made everyone mad because there was no good ending.

Regardless of my opinions on love, the prospect of an virtual girlfriend is somewhat interesting from a technical point of view. I suspect we will eventually get to a point where people will be able to easily have AI girlfriend in the near future. I supposse it is not improbable that it could manage to manufacture love - thus solving this problem.

I cannot wait to witness the effect FOSS AI girlfriend will have on people. What a time to be alive.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards

I bet you like the class president types.
Prove me wrong, I dare you to deny her:
58F1FC13-B5F7-4EA5-9358-F347A867800B.jpeg

97BD0BF5-862B-4457-AA9A-73999F8B3EAA.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Regardless of my opinions on love, the prospect of an virtual girlfriend is somewhat interesting from a technical point of view. I suspect we will eventually get to a point where people will be able to easily have AI girlfriend in the near future. I supposse it is not improbable that it could manage to manufacture love - thus solving this problem.

I cannot wait to witness the effect FOSS AI girlfriend will have on people. What a time to be alive.
Joi was real.

blade-runner-2049-joi-appears.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

I did mate.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards

and a cluster of cells is better?

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I bet you like the class president types.
Prove me wrong, I dare you to deny her:
View attachment 42646
View attachment 42647

I deny her.

Well you are technically correct in your assertion that a character in a live-action movie is inherently more real than a drawing, but that should be obvious. Still this human is wielding an an illusion as part of the acting of the movie. While she may be real, everything around here was an illusion quickly discarded as it's function was no longer fufiled.

and a cluster of cells is better?

Asumming we are defining performance as "amount of love (serotonin) something can give"...

In the current paradigm, it certainly is. A cluster of pixel is inherently limited as interaction with a picture. I am not sure how much "love" could even by siphoned from a singular picture (if at all), but I am assuming it's not a whole lot.

A cluster of cells (humans) likely manage to catalyze more serotonin than a picture - although research indicate that as all things, it is by no means finite.

A cluster of data (see my example of the FOSS AI Girlfriend above) has the potential to surpass both if some criterias. If it manages to geneate serotonin on demand, then we will have solved the problem of love. A girlfriend AI is interesting from a intellectual point of view as it implies that they will be able to be archived and version-controlled.

If my technological predictions are correct, most people are likely going to be choosing either real people or an AI girlfriend. With some luck your "waifu" might be replicated into an AI, but otherwise it will be thrown aside as there will be better option to generate serotonin.

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards
Asumming we are defining performance as "amount of love (serotonin) something can give"...

In the current paradigm, it certainly is. A cluster of pixel is inherently limited as interaction with a picture. I am not sure how much "love" could even by siphoned from a singular picture (if at all), but I am assuming it's not a whole lot.

A cluster of cells (humans) likely manage to catalyze more serotonin than a picture - although research indicate that as all things, it is by no means finite.

A cluster of data (see my example of the FOSS AI Girlfriend above) has the potential to surpass both if some criterias. If it manages to geneate serotonin on demand, then we will have solved the problem of love. A girlfriend AI is interesting from a intellectual point of view as it implies that they will be able to be archived and version-controlled.

If my technological predictions are correct, most people are likely going to be choosing either real people or an AI girlfriend. With some luck your "waifu" might be replicated into an AI, but otherwise it will be thrown aside as there will be better option to generate serotonin.
I don't like this take. Fuck molecules. You can have your fancy serotonin molecules and I'll have my wife.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I don't like this take. Fuck molecules. You can have your fancy serotonin molecules and I'll have my wife.
What is it that your fear? The fact that what you are perceiving as normal (people having girlfriends) being replaced by program?

Do you realize that progress is unstoppable? You may not like it, but I doubt the world care about your opinion as an individual.

As for me, I will watch from the sidelines. I will wait and see in case AI Girlfriends just become social media 2.0 (as in the negative effects).

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

1667845171283.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org
I fully that most people posting here make use of irony. But I find it damning that behind all of those post there is likely to be a kernel of truth.

I really hope your guy are just posting random anime girls and not actual "love" you once had. That would be as young humans says, cringe.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I fully that most people posting here make use of irony. But I find it damning that behind all of those post there is likely to be a kernel of truth.

I really hope your guy are just posting random anime girls and not actual "love" you once had. That would be as young humans says, cringe.
Dude we just like anime.

Virtual Cafe Awards