• We have just successfully switched from SMF to Xenoforo, there may still be some bugs in the migration so if you have any problems email me here agoraroad@gmail.com

January 2020 Music Artists Thread

  • Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 6474 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Hey everyone, here's the January artist's/producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work.

8) Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

8) If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

8) Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted negativity aimed at members
 

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
LV
0
 
Awards
2
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/abstract-tragedy/sunflowers[/soundcloud]

reposting this because i am OFFENDED how little attention this got which was TOTALLY not my fault for slapping it on the previous thread on the last day it's relevance.

TOTALLY.
 

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
LV
0
 
Awards
1
ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY, delightful track!

If I manage to make ANY progress this month on the upcoming Home&Office releases, I'll be posting here. Recording projects, web projects, and worst of all, my job, have all managed to prevent any new Home&Office stuff from happening for months now, so wish me luck!
 

petersprinter

Taksiwave out now!
LV
0
 
Awards
1
ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY said:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/abstract-tragedy/sunflowers[/soundcloud]

reposting this because i am OFFENDED how little attention this got which was TOTALLY not my fault for slapping it on the previous thread on the last day it's relevance.

TOTALLY.

Lovely tune! Have the midtones been boosted intentionally? It's subjective but if I had done this track I would have tried to make it sound warmer by maybe cutting some midtones or putting more reverb on low-mids and highs...
 

shiftycomfort

Memeber
LV
0
 
Awards
5
petersprinter said:
Vaporwave meets Film Noir...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/euRpOxkz2X4[/youtube]

damn those echos tho, sooo nice, nice build up too, sounds like i feel when the drugs kick in. the video is great too ;D
 

リズム

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY said:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/abstract-tragedy/sunflowers[/soundcloud]

reposting this because i am OFFENDED how little attention this got which was TOTALLY not my fault for slapping it on the previous thread on the last day it's relevance.

TOTALLY.

Really great track! A fun and mellow listen the whole way through!
 

リズム

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/oh-no

I used to be much more active around here but I took a break from music for quite a few months. Life just sorta got in the way but I am excited to get back into producing music! So here is my latest little EP :D
 

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
LV
0
 
Awards
1
shiftycomfort said:
winter is warm this year...

https://shiftycomfort.bandcamp.com/album/bummer-freeze



love always,
shifty

I really like this! The back-and-forth between the frenetic rhythms and the more laid back sounding stuff is really cool. Based on the album title, artwork and general sound of the tracks I sort of imagined I was trapped in a glacier with nothing but a messed up boombox or something. Really enjoy your style!
 

shiftycomfort

Memeber
LV
0
 
Awards
5
@Andy Peterson

hell yeah thanks for the words! i was thinking when i was making it about surfing in the wake of a melting glacier, so im glad that it came across! ;D



リズム said:
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/oh-no

I used to be much more active around here but I took a break from music for quite a few months. Life just sorta got in the way but I am excited to get back into producing music! So here is my latest little EP :D
dude this is awesome, i love how you got the vocals on my heart to sound like that, the transition on suzy is nicely smooth as is the whole song, the drums on piano surprised me, the whole album nice as fuck.
great job dude! ;D
 

Jabouffe

New Traveler
LV
0
 
Hi guys!! Its very nice to meet you all,, ive just taken up producing as a hobby, and i really really like the aesthetics of vaporwave/future funk/etc. if u guys could give me some beginner tips on how to improve tha sounds, or just info on any cool plugins and stuff to get that would be great af and i'd appreciate the heck outta u. but ya!! heres one of my most recent things. hope u guys enjoy :)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jabouffe/my-pretty-lady[/soundcloud]
 

ultramegachurch

New Traveler
LV
0
 
Released my first ever vaporwave/electronica project. Here's my favorite song off it. Would greatly appreciate your first thoughts!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/user-338861869/long-sleeve-t-shirt[/soundcloud]
 

ultramegachurch

New Traveler
LV
0
 
Jabouffe said:
Hi guys!! Its very nice to meet you all,, ive just taken up producing as a hobby, and i really really like the aesthetics of vaporwave/future funk/etc. if u guys could give me some beginner tips on how to improve tha sounds, or just info on any cool plugins and stuff to get that would be great af and i'd appreciate the heck outta u. but ya!! heres one of my most recent things. hope u guys enjoy :)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jabouffe/my-pretty-lady[/soundcloud]

Love the beginning, gets right into it. I like the panned left vocals on "I used to love you" (my best guess at the lyrics). Maybe push them mid on the "doo doo doo" that immediately follows? But the song is rad!
 

Jabouffe

New Traveler
LV
0
 
Josh Korsness said:
Released my first ever vaporwave/electronica project. Here's my favorite song off it. Would greatly appreciate your first thoughts!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/user-338861869/long-sleeve-t-shirt[/soundcloud]

i really like this one!! the beginning is quite mellow and sets the mood for the track, and once the drums kick in, everything gets a lot more vibrant. i think its really good for a first project, and im sure the stuff you release in the future will only get better!! plus the mellow beat change at about 1 minute in is just sooo nice and refreshinggg
 

Andy Peterson

Home&Office to achieve maximum success
LV
0
 
Awards
1
New Home&Office track coming soon as part of a compilation put together by Around The Water Cooler (https://aroundthewatercooler.bandcamp.com). C&c welcome!

Every hard-working employee deserves a reward now and then. After all, an employee that feels appreciated is inclined to be ever more productive. This afternoon, there is a live concert in the common lounge on the ground floor and all building employees are invited. Take a break and enjoy yourself!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/andy-peterson-330988174/afternoon-concert-for-all-employees[/soundcloud]
 

ABSTRACT-TRAGEDY

どこにいても、あなたが私について考えていることを願っています。
LV
0
 
Awards
2
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/abstract-tragedy/acorn[/soundcloud]
 

リズム

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Jabouffe said:
Hi guys!! Its very nice to meet you all,, ive just taken up producing as a hobby, and i really really like the aesthetics of vaporwave/future funk/etc. if u guys could give me some beginner tips on how to improve tha sounds, or just info on any cool plugins and stuff to get that would be great af and i'd appreciate the heck outta u. but ya!! heres one of my most recent things. hope u guys enjoy :)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jabouffe/my-pretty-lady[/soundcloud]
this is groovy as hell! Nice job!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.