What's new

June 2019 Producers Thread

  • Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4232 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV
1
 
Awards
16
Hey everyone, here's the producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work.

8) Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

8) If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

8) Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted negativity aimed at members
 

cityman900

Cityman Productions vaporwave label
LV
0
 
Awards
2
We mastered the Cityman Productions' latest single by Sunset Ride. Now we're mastering the full album.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/glamour-2

I'm finishing the Cityman 900 - Modern reneissance man album which should be out on June. It will be released on cassette hopefully during the summer.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/consumer-history-x

Wonder Cruises - Wedding suite album will be out on June. The cassette release should be out on June also. There will be one single release by Wonder Cruises before the full album.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/m-s-wonder-cruises
 

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
LV
0
 
Awards
6
@cityman: love the consumer history X track! sounds like one of those key generator programs from back in the day! I think this would do really well on beatsaber. I do feel it needs one more variation on the melody, a halftempo bit maybe? anyways cool track!

I'm currently working on a minimix/mashup covering 10 years of vaporwave. Its harder to do than I anticipated and I def. can use some help! there are currently over 25 tracks in there and many are in different keys (or somewhere between keys because of the downpitching) also BPM's vary wildly. Feel free to check it out and let me know how to improve it.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/eis-t/vapormash-05-alpha-halfway-there-rough-cut[/soundcloud]
Specifically, I'm looking for feedback on structure and on track suggestions/pairings.
 

リズム

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Eis-T said:
@cityman: love the consumer history X track! sounds like one of those key generator programs from back in the day! I think this would do really well on beatsaber. I do feel it needs one more variation on the melody, a halftempo bit maybe? anyways cool track!

I'm currently working on a minimix/mashup covering 10 years of vaporwave. Its harder to do than I anticipated and I def. can use some help! there are currently over 25 tracks in there and many are in different keys (or somewhere between keys because of the downpitching) also BPM's vary wildly. Feel free to check it out and let me know how to improve it.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/eis-t/vapormash-05-alpha-halfway-there-rough-cut[/soundcloud]
Specifically, I'm looking for feedback on structure and on track suggestions/pairings.
Dude this is sick! Really sweet mashup, all the songs transition so well into each other, the only thing I have a problem with is when Eccojams starts playing at the same time as Blank Banshee. I don't really think those worked to well together. Otherwise, this is a kickass track dude!
 

リズム

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
New album/EP project I made. Check it out! :D
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/rhythmical-patterns
 

cityman900

Cityman Productions vaporwave label
LV
0
 
Awards
2
Thx for the feedback, I listen to both of your work today! I finished Cityman 900 - Modern reneissance man album at last and it will be out on June 15. 9 tracks + intro and outro.

Cityman 900 & Akira Mall are also in Spotify, Apple music etc. so check those out and hit that follow button. I really appreciate you guys ❤
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
リズム said:
New album/EP project I made. Check it out! :D
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/rhythmical-patterns
Fxxking soild ablum, it's great, love the whole vibe, ?, especially.
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
cityman900 said:
We mastered the Cityman Productions' latest single by Sunset Ride. Now we're mastering the full album.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/glamour-2

I'm finishing the Cityman 900 - Modern reneissance man album which should be out on June. It will be released on cassette hopefully during the summer.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/consumer-history-x

Wonder Cruises - Wedding suite album will be out on June. The cassette release should be out on June also. There will be one single release by Wonder Cruises before the full album.

https://citymanproductions.bandcamp.com/track/m-s-wonder-cruises
14sec in and I'm driving, sunset ride is a banger, makes me want to drive.
Consumerx is brilliantly designed.
I love the cruise track the most.
My frist ear thought was Roex but without the robots, which l love but some of that stuff runs together, I really admire the variety while maintaining the style, that make sense?
-ps got da tape in da post today 8)
 

cityman900

Cityman Productions vaporwave label
LV
0
 
Awards
2
What do you think about the Akira Mall cassette? :)
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
admin said:
shiftycomfort said:
https://shiftycomfort.bandcamp.com/album/fujiyama-escape-from-honshu


here we go! have fun try and make it all the way thru! :p and as always injoy!
-love always
shifty comfort

Yeah got to 99 Views Of Mt. Fuji lol ;D that is all i can handle. How did you find these Japanese ambient albums? They are so obscure and niche. But I'll give you some Coffee

thanks! the youtube algorithm is amazing, there is also a remastered version on bandcamp which ill link below, but i sampled a you tube up load which ill link below of the album track by track and messed with it alot, i mean alot.

https://midgar-records.bandcamp.com/album/susumu-yokota-acid-mt-fuji-remastered

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lSY1tyuR3WQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
cityman900 said:
What do you think about the Akira Mall cassette? :)

its a great! i actually have it here at work with me, i have a portable cassette player with a speaker so its a good friday for me ;D
 

cityman900

Cityman Productions vaporwave label
LV
0
 
Awards
2
shiftycomfort said:
cityman900 said:
What do you think about the Akira Mall cassette? :)

its a great! i actually have it here at work with me, i have a portable cassette player with a speaker so its a good friday for me ;D

Well ain't that something my boi :D Super cool!
 

fgf1203

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
リズム said:
New album/EP project I made. Check it out! :D
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/rhythmical-patterns


I fucks with that verbed out 909-esque kick. I remember hearing a similar sound from the VA-11 HALL-A OST and I've been wanting to give it a try.
 

fgf1203

Traveler
LV
0
 
Awards
1
technically from last month but whatever. Just a little half-finished diddy, only the barest of mixing was involved. I couldn't find where to take it next but I love the bass sound and the OBX pad is dreamy af too

https://soundcloud.com/fictionalgirlfriend/slime-time-all-the-time
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
fgf1203 said:
technically from last month but whatever. Just a little half-finished diddy, only the barest of mixing was involved. I couldn't find where to take it next but I love the bass sound and the OBX pad is dreamy af too

https://soundcloud.com/fictionalgirlfriend/slime-time-all-the-time

i like how it is now. but if i where going to something with it id i dont know maybe make the high end come out alittle or do some ethereal background enya type shit. but thats just me. 8)
 

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
LV
0
 
Awards
6
I like it, fictional GF! got some p-funk vibes from your baseline, so I think a high minimoog lead with portamento would work really well with it. or some chopped up vocal samples.
 

shiftycomfort

Moderator Member
LV
0
 
Awards
9
https://shiftycomfort.bandcamp.com/album/summer-memorys

Hope you enjoy :).
Love always,
Shifty Comfort

edit: i usually leave it up to the listener to figure this out but im bored and wanted to share:
1.walking on the moon- the police with ocean noise
2. walking in memphis cher with the seagulls
3. sample from this american life episode about ghosting
i made the beat the other music is from that one movie with bo derrek on the beach
4. scene from karate kid when they play soccer on the beach
5. top gun volleyball scene
6. rocky beach workout montage
7. trumpet solo from "bob" by nofx and ocean sounds
8. beat street battle at the roxy scene
9. little red corvette prince car/ocean sounds
10. a lizzo song i messed with
 

DELTA_ROSA

New Traveler
LV
0
 
リズム said:
New album/EP project I made. Check it out! :D
https://9rhythm9.bandcamp.com/album/rhythmical-patterns

this is awesome!!! good job dude. really enjoyed tracks 1 and 4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macintosh Cafe.FM
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.