Jungian Synchronicity and Meaningful Coincidences

Mana Moonlight

08th Puzzle Keeper
Reaction score
Awards
Have you ever experienced a freaky coincidence? Maybe one that made you wonder if we really are in some sort of Truman Show kind of thing? You may have already experienced a synchronicity event. Synchronicity is a concept first introduced by analytical psychologist Carl G. Jung "to describe circumstances that appear meaningfully related yet lack a causal connection."

I'll start with mine.
In my senior year of highschool, I made a friend with a poet. It was sort of extracurricular thing where every student was told to gather in this hall where we then make groups based on which clubs we were in. Due to a bureaucratic mistake, I was put in the club for students who weren't assigned to a club, an outcast club if you could call it that. So we all just sat in a circle staring into nothing and twiddling our thumbs in dead silence. At the time I was a very quiet kid, never one to pull stunts and such, especially not strike up small talk with strangers, but for some godforsaken reason, I was suddenly overcome with the thought of books and writing and I knew I had to talk about books and writing. So I did. And to my surprise, the girl sitting across me responded, also expressing an interest/love for books. At the end of the day I showed her one of the drafts of my stories, and she showed me some of her poems. That was that.
Here's where the Synchronicity event comes in. It's the final days of high school and I realised I didn't have her number. I still wanted to talk to her about writing. But the bell has rung a long time ago and most students have already went back home. I just stayed at the library and tried to read, but this ended up being fruitless, couldn't stop thinking how I would never see her again, so I just sighed and wrote my number on a piece of paper and left the library, idiotically hoping for the infinitesimally small chance of stumbling onto her along the way. And wouldn't you know it, I did stumble onto her. I stepped out the library and there she was, passing by, on the way to the nearby cafe.

Of course, the evidence for synchronicity is shaky at best. It's almost impossible to scientifically prove it. Still, even if I don't truly believe in it, I still find it endlessly fascinating. Extends to most conspiracy theories that sound interesting but end up unproven or are just fundamentally impossible to prove.

Virtual Cafe Awards

koreatis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have met this girl and from the start we have been on the same frequency with each other what I mean that is very broad, I might have problem to describe it properly. For the example let's simple call it a "Connection". I put the word in quotation mark.

So we have been texting back to back and shortly after that we made a decision to finally meet again. On our second meeting there was a moment when we were talking about specific subject. I was doing a longer discourse about particular topic and suddenly I was in middle of the sentence while I had to make a very short pause (few milliseconds) because inside my head I had a battle of generating/choosing the next word which I would use. I felt like my brain did enormous boost to replace let's call it the word to something else. Eventually I had said the word. This is where cosmic magic happened because after I had said it, my beloved friend presented exactly the same pattern of thoughts that I had before in my head. It was very strange feeling. I have never experienced anything like that in my life before neither she, despite that I have met a lot different people with whom I have made every relation unique. Then I gave a talk what was happening in my head and she felt the same in hers. I was analysing the situation, maybe she was faking it but everything happened so quick, we felt for a moment like the time has been frozen. It could said that the situation could be included in the Synchronicity phenomenon.

Nevertheless to this day we such smaller examples of synchronicity even though we are no physically close to each other but when we do we can communicate without words, like ours brains could talk to each other in telepathic mode. It was remarkable experience, I have never felt so closed to other human being and I have hard time to think that I could have met someone with whom I could have connection like that.

Still it is hard to me to find any good explanation what had happened and I guess it is also hard to describe it by words what we have felt.

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
When you want something too much, the universe ia conspirating to get it. Some people are written to meet them, also your brain is a weapon and can manifest realities. The first story in this thread @Mana Moonlight here provoked my feelings that are in long sleep long ago, it looked as a movie , im happy for you.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
2 months before, i ended my work a little bit earlier from the warehouse and came back home by foot to enjoy the sunshine. Before i leave the warehouse i saw myself in the mirror(i see it as a kind of meditation by focusing on my eyes and thinking) and a thought brought me in my mind my high school crush that the last 10 months visited me in my dreams a lot(they say also thinks of you). And while i reached my neighbourhood, i met her. We talked but we didnt said many, but i saw her vibe and her eyes, and that showed me something different and a secret wish of her demanding of me to tell her more. Because she saw me meters before and she could avoid me and rush to her house, she waited and we talked. Im pretty sure she felt something, i also felt. Maybe in another life my dear i said to myself. Maybe i trip, or living in my imagination and wishes, or i give sometimes focus to the wrong people, who cares, i feel that what i felt it was real. Your mind creates reality so be careful with your thoughts.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards