King's Field / Shadow tower (Classic From Software)

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
Been playing KF recently for the first time. Absolutely astonished. Would absolutely recommend for all FromSoftware fans. If you have a steam deck, you can easily remap the controls using steam input. Otherwise, play with your emulator to get those joysticks working.

OIP.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Been playing KF recently for the first time. Absolutely astonished. Would absolutely recommend for all FromSoftware fans. If you have a steam deck, you can easily remap the controls using steam input. Otherwise, play with your emulator to get those joysticks working.

View attachment 60738
What's what you've been enjoying most about the game?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Voicedrew

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
What's what you've been enjoying most about the game?
I love how interconnected the world it. It feels very similar to Dark Souls 1 in that regard. It's also really cool how hands off the game is.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
I love how interconnected the world it. It feels very similar to Dark Souls 1 in that regard. It's also really cool how hands off the game is.
It's strange that From has only managed to pull of that type of design twice and both times it was on the second game of the series.
I kinda like the running gags they had in the King's field series, there is always a chest behind a hidden wall with a skeleton in it guarding the worst shield in the game in the first area somewhere and there is a death trap you can walk into within 10 seconds of starting.

My personal favorite is 4, you think poison swamps are bad until you have to deal with a poison mine.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Waitingfor2050

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've played and loved Lunacid,, which is apparently based on King's Field, I looked up some gameplay to see what they were about and I just can't bring myself to play them. They appear to be incredibly, painfully slow. Is this something you get used to or do you have to like it from the beginning? I feel like everything's underwater in those games.

Voicedrew

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
I've played and loved Lunacid,, which is apparently based on King's Field, I looked up some gameplay to see what they were about and I just can't bring myself to play them. They appear to be incredibly, painfully slow. Is this something you get used to or do you have to like it from the beginning? I feel like everything's underwater in those games.
You get used to the combat, but I would recommend following a guide, at least until you unlock the dragon well. Technical limitations of the time make it very difficult to figure out where you are going.

Virtual Cafe Awards