Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not having the videogames and skitzo boards were a weird decision, especially not having /v/. Where do you even discuss meta issues about video games online? Nowhere.
They had /vidya/ instead. He just didn't want boards with the typical one letter names. I think this was mostly to annoy Mark because Mark had hit him up begging to be the owner of /v/ before the site launched. It was petty and stupid.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
They had /vidya/ instead. He just didn't want boards with the typical one letter names. I think this was mostly to annoy Mark because Mark had hit him up begging to be the owner of /v/ before the site launched. It was petty and stupid.
hmm, that's dumb indeed

Oh well, making and maintaining an imageboard is always more hard than a forum. The lack of accounts and general culture requires more work to keep it clean in general.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Looks like the farms are back in the news as of recently, somewhat interesting string of events have transpired. The forum's down at the moment due to a DDoS attack and I don't feel like making a whole new thread, so here's a recap:
  • "Keffals," a MtF Canadian trans influencer/"political activist" got doxxed again by the farms, as they located the hotel Keffals was residing in (by cross referencing bedsheets local hotels in the area use :maaan: )
  • Keffals, who has used their influence in the past to get others deplatformed from services such as twitch, gets the hashtag #DropKiwifarms and #CloudflareProtectsTerrorists trending. Blue checkmark journalists prop the movement up with sympathetic articles, putting the farms back in the spotlight
  • Things get interesting once controversial congresswoman Majorie Greene Taylor is SWAT'd
  • Screenshot_20220825-114818~2.png
  • Taylor, who has been a vocal opponent to youth gender transition surgeries/medicine has a "who is this '4Chan'?" tier moment and ironically calls for the farms to be eradicated, as she believes it is something run by "lawless Democrats" :confusedMikasa:
  • More attention is put on the site as a growing number of journalists, blue check marks, and 3-4 letter groups like the ADL rally to get the farms offline for good
  • Null is reportedly considering alternative options for keeping the site operational
IMO the Majorie Greene Taylor SWAT-ing was a false flag. Only heard about Keffals recently and I regret what little I've read. :drinkBleach: But it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
JubilantImpishBirdofparadise-max-1mb.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Isn't Null in Serbia or something? Can the US shut down that? I'm a real noob when it comes to how online stuff works lol, so I'm probably missing something
I don't know the specifics regarding Null these days, but essentially the big campaign at the moment is to get Cloudflare to back out of supporting Kiwifarms.
I could be totally wrong, but to my understanding I don't think Cloudflare hosts the actual servers, those could be in Serbia with Null. I think Cloudflare is just a crucial part of the overall infrastructure/security keeping the site running?

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Still, it's a shame that all you need to do to get enough attention to take down a website is SWAT a member of congress.
Hello [redacted], there is a [redacted] in progress at [redacted]. Btw I'm u/childpRedditor69 acting on behalf of reddit. :JahySmug:

Null's statement in the telegram chat
View attachment 35252
View attachment 35253
Could point out the hypocrisy about how Twitter has done everything the farms are accused of for years to an even greater extent, but no sense in merely complaining.

Greene isn't the brightest (even by already low congressional standards) so her knee jerk reaction of calling for the termination of one of the few major online spaces that echo her type of rhetoric was a major fuck up. Curious to see what the ramifications of this are since her relevancy only seems to be a media punching bag. It'd be foolish for those in power to bend the knee here because if directly threatening elite outsiders to the situation proves successful in getting sites/people deplatformed then it'll only encourage the behavior.

Keffals' crowd certainly have upped the stakes with what they (presumably) did to Greene. Let's see if the shitposters strike back even harder. :OhISippyn:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
Isn't Null in Serbia or something? Can the US shut down that? I'm a real noob when it comes to how online stuff works lol, so I'm probably missing something
I don't know the specifics regarding Null these days, but essentially the big campaign at the moment is to get Cloudflare to back out of supporting Kiwifarms.
I could be totally wrong, but to my understanding I don't think Cloudflare hosts the actual servers, those could be in Serbia with Null. I think Cloudflare is just a crucial part of the overall infrastructure/security keeping the site running?
As I understand it, the business entity that represents Kiwi Farms and the hardware are both based in the US. In theory, the US government could probably take the whole site offline but I'm not aware of a case where that has happened without federal criminal charges being filed and hardware being seized by the FBI. I'm not sure exactly what Kiwi Farms or Null could be charged with but I guess the hardware could be seized as part of an investigation. All of that would depend on various entities believing that Kiwi Farms was actually materially involved in threatening a congressman (as opposed to a single user or some unrelated third-party). Private entities being pressured to blacklist Null are a much larger threat to the forum's continued operation than the US government.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I was gonna make another thread regarding this but someone beat me to the punch so when I get home later I'm just gonna update title name.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Oh man, I've tried to watch the stream on Youtube and the chat got raided by trannies trying to massflag the stream because of Keffals and other lolcows trying to get people to take down the farms.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
I was gonna make another thread regarding this but someone beat me to the punch so when I get home later I'm just gonna update title name.
Honestly not sure why you dropped the "confirmed pedophile" part from the thread title, even if that was part of the last KF saga it's also the perfect way to describe Keffals Discord grooming too PepSiDawgwitcan

Oh man, I've tried to watch the stream on Youtube and the chat got raided by trannies trying to massflag the stream because of Keffals and other lolcows trying to get people to take down the farms.
What stream?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Honestly not sure why you dropped the "confirmed pedophile" part from the thread title, even if that was part of the last KF saga it's also the perfect way to describe Keffals Discord grooming too PepSiDawgwitcan

What stream?

It didn't occurred to me that Keffals was a sick fuck until null mentioned it in stream so at the time It more or less referred to the last person that tried to take down the farms. I'll put it back up.

Null host a stream once in a while on Youtube called "Mad at the internet" and just earlier he was streaming in regard to the site and what not and like an hour later the chat on youtube was raided and a bunch of trannies tried to massflag the stream to take down the channel.

Virtual Cafe Awards
fuck off with calling Keffals a pedophile, she has done more good than any kiwifarms basement dweller ever has
kiwifarms is a cesspool, i genuinely hope with all my heart that it crashes and burns in the most spectacular and unrecoverable way possible

Let me tell you something that you sir need to understand. Should kiwifarms go down and there are more efforts to put a tight lid on users on the internet for even remotely talking about internet personalities/estrange folks what's gonna stop those people from going after sites like Agora Roads for even remotely mentioning them?

Like, you can't stop people talking about other people. That is what Keffals and many MANY lowcows on there are wrong on. It's the fucking internet, people are going to do stupid shit and there's gonna be people reacting and having a conversation on that person. It's common fucking sense, why do you think News media kept going on with Trump for the past 6 years now despite everyone gettting sick and tired of it?

For fuck sakes put a side your hatred with the site for a moment and maybe- oh I dunno- fucking start to see that the people trying to take down the site are largely power tripping retards with an ego so fucking massive that it could cover the sun if they can try who are actually harassing people affiliated with the site and going after those by illegal means such as DDOSing? and maybe, just maybe, are trying to curtail basic human rights away from everyone? Something we've been seeing in the past fucking nine years since gamergate? And for fucking what? Safety? "For the benefit of mankind"? For temporal good feelings or some shit? What is this? Fucking Rush 2112?

If you dislike Kiwifarms, fine, whatever, not like you're a minority as there as handful of people where who have clear objections to the site. But there are also some people who like Kiwifarms and some of them are lurkers who read threads like these. Please leave them alone if that's the case. I personally like Kiwifarms because it's last place where I can watch the videos created by a guy who was once somewhat popular in the political side before sperging the fuck out and tried to remove himself from the internet.

I'm sorry if this response sounds incredibly "defensive" or whatever because I am largely apoplectic at the fact you want to see a website crash and burn just because it makes you mad or upset? Then my man, that is an incredibly naive way of thinking, stage-one thinking even! If you're gonna run with that kind of thinking, then I'm going to expect to see you less being on here because as I mentioned just earlier; Agora Roads has threads that talks about esoteric shit and some of them are in regard to certain people who could very well be considered a lolcow and might have threads on the farms. Fuck, you might have to include a good chunk of the internet since most of the time are talking about other people.

Do you understand now where I'm coming from because if you're gonna just label me as a shill and disregard everything I said then you might as well do the same with the people on this fucking thread, including the owner of this website. Good god.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Let me tell you something that you sir need to understand. Should kiwifarms go down and there are more efforts to put a tight lid on users on the internet for even remotely talking about internet personalities/estrange folks what's gonna stop those people from going after sites like Agora Roads for even remotely mentioning them?

Like, you can't stop people talking about other people. That is what Keffals and many MANY lowcows on there are wrong on. It's the fucking internet, people are going to do stupid shit and there's gonna be people reacting and having a conversation on that person. It's common fucking sense, why do you think News media kept going on with Trump for the past 6 years now despite everyone gettting sick and tired of it?

For fuck sakes put a side your hatred with the site for a moment and maybe- oh I dunno- fucking start to see that the people trying to take down the site are largely power tripping retards with an ego so fucking massive that it could cover the sun if they can try who are actually harassing people affiliated with the site and going after those by illegal means such as DDOSing? and maybe, just maybe, are trying to curtail basic human rights away from everyone? Something we've been seeing in the past fucking nine years since gamergate? And for fucking what? Safety? "For the benefit of mankind"? For temporal good feelings or some shit? What is this? Fucking Rush 2112?

If you dislike Kiwifarms, fine, whatever, not like you're a minority as there as handful of people where who have clear objections to the site. But there are also some people who like Kiwifarms and some of them are lurkers who read threads like these. Please leave them alone if that's the case. I personally like Kiwifarms because it's last place where I can watch the videos created by a guy who was once somewhat popular in the political side before sperging the fuck out and tried to remove himself from the internet.

I'm sorry if this response sounds incredibly "defensive" or whatever because I am largely apoplectic at the fact you want to see a website crash and burn just because it makes you mad or upset? Then my man, that is an incredibly naive way of thinking, stage-one thinking even! If you're gonna run with that kind of thinking, then I'm going to expect to see you less being on here because as I mentioned just earlier; Agora Roads has threads that talks about esoteric shit and some of them are in regard to certain people who could very well be considered a lolcow and might have threads on the farms. Fuck, you might have to include a good chunk of the internet since most of the time are talking about other people.

Do you understand now where I'm coming from because if you're gonna just label me as a shill and disregard everything I said then you might as well do the same with the people on this fucking thread, including the owner of this website. Good god.
oh no, i don't want to see kiwifarms crash and burn because it just makes me mad or upset, i have plenty of reasons

let's not act like kiwifarms is just a website where people "talk about internet personalities", the people opposing it right now are not the ones who are power tripping egoist harassers, that's the people in kiwifarms who actively try to make other peoples' lives worse because they might be a bit weird or because they're trans, it's the people in kiwifarms who get off to driving people to suicide.
is everyone in kiwifarms like this? of course not. i don't care. the site's main purpose is targetting individuals who stand out a bit too much, and then making their life hell. i don't care if there are other people there who do harmless stuff and just post shit. the site's explicit purpose is harassing individuals who stand out

let me be clear, i don't think just talking about people or lolcows is a bad thing, i know it happens everywhere, not just on kiwifarms, i know how the internet works. but once again, let's not pretend kiwifarms is a website where "we just talk about things, that's all"

who are actually harassing people affiliated with the site and going after those by illegal means such as DDOSing? and maybe, just maybe, are trying to curtail basic human rights away from everyone?
oh nooo, they're using illeeeeegal means like DDOSing to target kiwifarms. poor Null, what a terribly illegal and immoral thing to do! it's not like kiwifarms has ever done anything just has bad or 100 times worse!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Kinda off topic, but is it me, or are like 1/3 of internet users pedophiles?
Pedophilia is not just a fetish, it is a mental illness and just like all other mentally ill people on the internet they never STFU about it. It gives a wrong impression that there are more pedos than there actually are. And there is the issue of projecting, your average pedo accuse 10+ people of pedophilia on internet before he gets convicted himself.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
It didn't occurred to me that Keffals was a sick fuck until null mentioned it in stream so at the time It more or less referred to the last person that tried to take down the farms. I'll put it back up.

Null host a stream once in a while on Youtube called "Mad at the internet" and just earlier he was streaming in regard to the site and what not and like an hour later the chat on youtube was raided and a bunch of trannies tried to massflag the stream to take down the channel.
Didn't know about those streams, maybe I'll check some out if it's a good way to get CWC updates lul

Personally I really don't get why this Keffals person is the one everyone is so adamantly rallying around. I know the trans stuff is pretty divisive these days but that shouldn't serve as a shield for Keffals' wrong doing.

This isn't the same as loling at/taking things to far with some mentally challenged person in their own bubble creating bizzare fetish art like JustinRPG. At least with that I can get the debate on both sides over the ethics of doing so. But Keffals is an agitator with a legion of fans that have been used to deplatform other political influencers from my understanding. Thinking this wasn't going to have consequences for them directly is foolish, but honestly could also be 4D chess to get a shit ton of pity bucks.

is everyone in kiwifarms like this? of course not. i don't care. the site's main purpose is targetting individuals who stand out a bit too much, and then making their life hell. i don't care if there are other people there who do harmless stuff and just post shit. the site's explicit purpose is harassing individuals who stand out
Same could be said for all the mainstream sites though. Twitter's been doxing and getting people fired for years, hell that site helped topple governments during the Arab Spring. Some people livestream murders to Facebook and twitch, etc. But most on these sites just wanna chat, share stuff, and shitpost. Kiwifarms is antagonistic by nature since observing lolcows quickly descends into mockery, I'll concede that key distinction. But what most users of KF seem to grasp is where to limit that sort of thing. The same types who are pushing it far enough to get people to commit suicide would find a way to do that with or without the farms. Just look at BlueSpike's group with Chris Chan for instance.

I tend to agree with @Hadrian Hardrada Cicero My perspective is that this is a general culture war rather than internet vigilantism for past suicides. The types who want the farms down don't want to stop there, it'll only embolden them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've mixed opinions on KiwiFarms, I don't really like what goes on there but it also serves as a place for the people there to have their chats, which I find distasteful, without getting in my face as I go about the internet.

I just don't know why people go after sites like this cause it's not like their userbases are just gonna somehow stfu if their fave site goes down, they'll just go somewhere else.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

I have browsed Kiwifarms maybe an hour at most, as it just didn't catch my interest. I have no knowledge of whoever the current drama revolves around, nor do I wish to learn. I just don't care.
But on the topic of whether the site should go down or not, just as others have said, I agree that it's a futile effort. Remember in 2019, when something similar happened to 8chan, and it was removed from the clearnet? Look at how things are now. Can you really say that that effort was really worth it? It dealt no significant blow to the demographics that used the site; neither side has really changed since then. As far as I am aware, there is nothing to suggest that this outcome will be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.