Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
That's a big nope from me. Talking about Star Trek on a site where I won't be banned for a nono word is not worth handing my info to the CCP.
The TLD registry is held by Jiangsu Bangning Science & Technology Co., Ltd. (allegedly located in Nanjing). I don't know if any of the actual network infrastructure or hardware is in China. I only think it's of note because it seems likely they will lose their domain again.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Fairykang

Cybernetic Esotericist
Reaction score
Awards
One thing I just thought of. Kiwifarms is the number one place to go when there's a mass shooting. The shooter is immediately identified and most of his social media is archived before the major social media outlets delete it. If Kiwi stays down, you'll pretty much be limited to msm and whatever rumors get posted on 4chan. :elonHigh:

Virtual Cafe Awards

wot

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Kiwifarms is back on the clearnet apparently with a domain registered with a Chinese company and a CDN based in Washington (run by a guy known for providing service to controversial websites apparently).
Looking at how these "controversial site" hosts usually go, it's only a matter of time before it gets hacked in some way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards
My mans one step away from unironically posting 32/52 next. Why you using so many words to say that you hate TG people? Are you some kind of beta bitch? Why are you hiding your shit believes behind so many words.

Just admit that you want to murder anyone who isn't cis and straight so I don't have to read your boring ass trirades. Then at least I'd have some sort of respect for you.
Bro this is the problem, yeah I agree a lot of people like to meander around explicitely saying they dislike gay/trans people because of connotative weight of lables like "homophobic" or "transphobic", but you make it out to be as if you must either support them or want to murder them. I think being gay and trans is gross, it goes against the traditional family values cherished by and so intrinsic to my people, my culture, my religion, and I don't want that shit near my children. Doesn't mean I want to go out and murder trannies outside of GTA.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Ah yes, great China, the last bastion in the galaxy for truly free speech.

I'll say this... For all the people celebrating that Kiwi farms are down because of transphobia... You guys know one of the biggest lolcows, Ethan Ralph, is right-wing? If we got mandela-affected and we fell into an alt-universe where Kiwi farms only makes fun of and document right-wingers, and that Kiwi Farm was taken down because of some alleged suicides/harassment allegations echoed by conservative sympathetic media... Would that also be a cause of celebration? The principle of concern for harassment would be the same...

A thing that annoys me with the censorship crowd, is a sort of assumption that some people deserve to be harassed but not others. I don't think anyone does of course. Sort of like, I've seen leftists who bawl about trans mental health cheer that Jordan Peterson almost killed himself, or that incels should kill themselves, etc. To me this limited empathy, though I guess it's natural, feels repugnant and goes to show who is and isn't a protected class within overtone-window-friendly political discourse. It does feel like that if harassment was your concern, Twitter should be the first place you would want taken down

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Bro this is the problem, yeah I agree a lot of people like to meander around explicitely saying they dislike gay/trans people because of connotative weight of lables like "homophobic" or "transphobic", but you make it out to be as if you must either support them or want to murder them. I think being gay and trans is gross, it goes against the traditional family values cherished and intrinsic to my people, my culture, my religion, and I don't want that shit near my children. Doesn't mean I want to go out and murder trannies outside of GTA.
I think people coming from opposite political spectrums deform their opposition into fanatics, quite often. You can't be anti-LGBT, you must be a religious nut who wants to publicly crucify gay married couples because of their degeneracy. On the other side, you can't be pro LGBT without wanting to groom 3-year-old babies into back-alley gender reassignment surgeries.

Though I think this is more of an issue on the left, since they tend to moralize the fuck out of anything. You can't rationally oppose something like LGBT, you must have some deep freudian, daddy issues in the closet bound homophobia, and secretly you want to kill all the gays and enslave lesbian to re-enact yuri doujinshis. While I feel like the right doesn't tend to make those sort of grand and moralizing sweeping statements. They just call their opposition idiots. Even terms like degen or depraved or sinful don't seem to carry as much emotional/moral baggage as homophobia/transphobia/racism does...

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Bro this is the problem, yeah I agree a lot of people like to meander around explicitely saying they dislike gay/trans people because of connotative weight of lables like "homophobic" or "transphobic", but you make it out to be as if you must either support them or want to murder them. I think being gay and trans is gross, it goes against the traditional family values cherished by and so intrinsic to my people, my culture, my religion, and I don't want that shit near my children. Doesn't mean I want to go out and murder trannies outside of GTA.
It goes beyond that. I literally do not care what people do. If everyone involved has the mental capacity to consent, I do not care what you and your sexual partners do with your bodies as it does not affect me. However, I also do not go out of my way to explicitly support the LGBTQ community, I will not fly a pride flag, I will not go to a pride march, I just do not participate in such things because again, I do not care. It does not matter to me one way or the other. We are at a point where a lot of people online consider that take transphobic or homophobic. Like if you don't go out of your way to explicitly support their community it means you want them all dead.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
It goes beyond that. I literally do not care what people do. If everyone involved has the mental capacity to consent, I do not care what you and your sexual partners do with your bodies as it does not affect me. However, I also do not go out of my way to explicitly support the LGBTQ community, I will not fly a pride flag, I will not go to a pride march, I just do not participate in such things because again, I do not care. It does not matter to me one way or the other. We are at a point where a lot of people online consider that take transphobic or homophobic.
Well, I disagree with this but to according to their theory. Your passivity is a sign of your heteronormative privilege and prejudice against the struggles of LGBT people.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Your passivity is a sign of your heteronormative privilege and prejudice against the struggles of LGBT people.
The idea that silence is complicity predates current thing, Ginetta Sagan's famous quote Silence in the face of injustice is complicity with the oppressor. or Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.

Of course Sagan was fighting and advocating on behalf of political prisoners, and she was a principled woman: for example she was advocating against american vietnam invasion, but later also against north vietnamese post war reeducation camps. Dietrich Bonhoeffer was one of the co-conspirators in Hitler assassination plot. Nuff said.

Identity activism on the other hand is almost exclusively concerned with lifestyle, happens entirely on the level of discourse, and, despite the rhetoric, is fully aligned with the vertical of power. Hence the whole kf situation reminds me of the time when jewish activists deplatformed feldjägerkorps by getting Goebbels to stop making movies about them. Keep up the good fight, zisters!

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Identity activism on the other hand is almost exclusively concerned with lifestyle, happens entirely on the level of discourse, and, despite the rhetoric, is fully aligned with the vertical of power.
Largely agree but there's some non-discourse stuff that is legit a reason to perk up imo - the stuff, ironically, that the LGBTQ community don't really seem to care about. Lotsa laws that seem fucking ridiculous pop up, like bathroom bills (you can't prove this at all without imposing onerous costs on business and mostly just end up targeting people who naturally look a bit weird, cause there really just aren't that many trans people) where whatever people's intentions are, they don't think about the knockon effects on the majority whatsoever (and the LGBT community aren't talking about that either).

Discourse shit can eat a dick though, it mostly just serves to segregate people even more and put people more at odds with each other. I guarantee you people would be better at talking to each other if they hadn't been conditioned by like a decade of shitposting to demand everything all at once in terms of understanding from others. How you ever supposed to get that if your only interactions with people are trying to rip their heads off for not being good enough?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Kiwifarms is back on the clearnet apparently with a domain registered with a Chinese company and a CDN based in Washington (run by a guy known for providing service to controversial websites apparently).
If Fred Brennan is to be believed this is apparently the same entity providing services to 8kun. Predictable course of action - there was literally nowhere else to go.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Its also a shame because KF has huge portions of the site dedicated to things unrelated to gossip and drama. I use it mainly for the MMA thread because none of you cringelords on Agora care to talk about it. Because of the size of the site, even their smaller threads on niche topics can be much more lively than others. If there's a thread here that nobody is replying to its nearly certain you'll find people discussing that topic on KF.
You should still make that thread here. It's a better place for that and pretty much everything else lol.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
You should still make that thread here. It's a better place for that and pretty much everything else lol.
I did. 0 replies. Why is it so hard to accept that KF has some stuff to offer that other places dont?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
If Fred Brennan is to be believed this is apparently the same entity providing services to 8kun.
That's what I read too (unrelated to any statements Brennan might be making). It seems to me it would have been a logical first choice over Cloudflare or DDOS-Guard.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
So... What is an 8-Kun? What's 'funny' about Null using the same service provider as 8-kun?
8kun was the new admin if 8chan after the old one got too scared of his creation iirc

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
So... What is an 8-Kun?
8kun is what 8chan got renamed to after it got given the same kind of treatment Kiwifarms is getting now.
What's 'funny' about Null using the same service provider as 8-kun?
Personally, I don't think it's funny that they're using the same CDN. What I think is funny is that Kiwifarms was using Cloudflare. In 2017, Cloudflare kicked Andrew Anglin and The Daily Stormer off their service in a similar fashion and promised to never get pressured to remove anyone again. Cloudflare then did the same thing to 8chan in 2019. For whatever reason Null decided he could trust Cloudflare despite their obvious inability to handle pressure campaigns to terminate their relationships with controversial clients. It was also funny that plan B was to use DDOS-Guard (which is located in Russia) because Null had been telling the Russian state censors (Roskomnadzor) to suck his dick for years.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.