Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
8kun is what 8chan got renamed to after it got given the same kind of treatment Kiwifarms is getting now.

Personally, I don't think it's funny that they're using the same CDN. What I think is funny is that Kiwifarms was using Cloudflare. In 2017, Cloudflare kicked Andrew Anglin and The Daily Stormer off their service in a similar fashion and promised to never get pressured to remove anyone again. Cloudflare then did the same thing to 8chan in 2019. For whatever reason Null decided he could trust Cloudflare despite their obvious inability to handle pressure campaigns to terminate their relationships with controversial clients. It was also funny that plan B was to use DDOS-Guard (which is located in Russia) because Null had been telling the Russian state censors (Roskomnadzor) to suck his dick for years.
to be fair, I don't think pressure could've been any higher after the Christchurch shooting. I could see why you would cave in under that.

oh and I got the admin change mixed up with the name change. I'm not deep into 8chan lore, that place was 2edgy4me

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think pressure could've been any higher after the Christchurch shooting. I could see why you would cave in under that.
Frankly, it was just a matter of time before something was too hot for Cloudflare. That's what makes the situation ridiculous in the first place. If Kiwifarms was a small fruit distributor in New Zealand then I would understand there being no real backup plan. Unfortunately, Kiwifarms is a highly controversial web forum dedicated to discussing strange and often dangerous people. Many of these people are narcissists and psychopaths who simply do not care about the consequences of their actions. Even without this drama, the days were numbered until some drama became mainstream enough to upset Cloudflare's board. The writing has been on the wall for years.
I'm not deep into 8chan lore, that place was 2edgy4me
I thought 8chan was a cool place but it got bogged down by drama and the intense Q retardation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Last post you'll see me contributing for this thread.

View attachment 36181

View: https://youtu.be/mP-deyaj7jo

First Cloudflare and now the Internet Archive have bent the knee? Even before this I had a hunch the wayback machine/internet archive had been compromised, but it's incredibly distressing to see an institution that runs itself like a museum/library do this.

Really strange times where the institutions scrubbing the documented proof of deviants committing zoophilia and pedophilia are considered the heros.

Seems the lügenpresse are following their marching orders, CNN even did a cute little PR feature on their program. As usual zero mention of the allegations against Sorrenti or any attempt to shed a light on why this situation is occurring in the first place.

1millionIQ.png

This fluff piece video was brought to you by Donie Conor O'Sullivan, who must've got a nice little paid trip to his birthplace of Ireland to conduct this interview. Seems like he has a decent apartment in the Lower East side too, fake news must pay well if he can afford an estimated $7k a month rent. :HeeHee:

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
First Cloudflare and now the Internet Archive have bent the knee? Even before this I had a hunch the wayback machine/internet archive had been compromised, but it's incredibly distressing to see an institution that runs itself like a museum/library do this.

Really strange times where the institutions scrubbing the documented proof of deviants committing zoophilia and pedophilia are considered the heros.

Seems the lügenpresse are following their marching orders, CNN even did a cute little PR feature on their program. As usual zero mention of the allegations against Sorrenti or any attempt to shed a light on why this situation is occurring in the first place.

View attachment 36197

This fluff piece video was brought to you by Donie Conor O'Sullivan, who must've got a nice little paid trip to his birthplace of Ireland to conduct this interview. Seems like he has a decent apartment in the Lower East side too, fake news must pay well if he can afford an estimated $7k a month rent. :HeeHee:
The fact that they went after Internet Archive should tell you this is about making embarassing posts on the Internet go away and not harassment.

I am so disappointed in Internet Archive. Internet Archive has everything from roms to old technical manuals to old books to public domain movies and obviously the Wayback machine. It's my favourite site on the Internet and it's not even close, but that could change very quickly if they start nuking things for being problematic. I think so much of it I have actually donated to it which is not the norm for me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ronin

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"The connection has timed out
The server at uquusqsaaad66cvub4473csdu4uu7ahxou3zqc35fpw5d4ificedzyqd.onion is taking too long to respond."
Is nothing still up?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 4436

The fact that they went after Internet Archive should tell you this is about making embarassing posts on the Internet go away and not harassment.

I am so disappointed in Internet Archive. Internet Archive has everything from roms to old technical manuals to old books to public domain movies and obviously the Wayback machine. It's my favourite site on the Internet and it's not even close, but that could change very quickly if they start nuking things for being problematic. I think so much of it I have actually donated to it which is not the norm for me.
If it starts with bending a knee to large news organizations and governments, than it wouldn't be surprising if they begin to cave in to the pressure of large companies and corporations, as well.
I love Internet Archive, as well, but if this keeps up it won't be long before even it has fallen to abusive copyright laws.
They've been leniant about it in the past, but if they're willing to comply to a mob demand like this, then it's hard to say what's off the table at this point.
Preservation and emulation might be doomed.

Obviously there will be other sites, but now that hosts like cloudflare are willing to deplatform websites so easily, there is no telling what might happen to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Gossip forum or nay, anybody who tries to uphold free speech on the Internet and Internet decentralization is good in my book. Moreover, that clique he's a part of at least was hilarious at one time. It's nothing more than the encroachment of corporate interests online in an attempt to further sanitize things under the new guise of the trans-agenda.

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards
fuck kiwifarms. burn in hell null. in 10 years we'll all be ashamed we even barely remembered you.

yall like "free speeechkh". but it's MEAN LIES. what good is mean lies? NONE. NO GOOD

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Ah yes, great China, the last bastion in the galaxy for truly free speech.

I'll say this... For all the people celebrating that Kiwi farms are down because of transphobia... You guys know one of the biggest lolcows, Ethan Ralph, is right-wing? If we got mandela-affected and we fell into an alt-universe where Kiwi farms only makes fun of and document right-wingers, and that Kiwi Farm was taken down because of some alleged suicides/harassment allegations echoed by conservative sympathetic media... Would that also be a cause of celebration? The principle of concern for harassment would be the same...

A thing that annoys me with the censorship crowd, is a sort of assumption that some people deserve to be harassed but not others. I don't think anyone does of course. Sort of like, I've seen leftists who bawl about trans mental health cheer that Jordan Peterson almost killed himself, or that incels should kill themselves, etc. To me this limited empathy, though I guess it's natural, feels repugnant and goes to show who is and isn't a protected class within overtone-window-friendly political discourse. It does feel like that if harassment was your concern, Twitter should be the first place you would want taken down
Yes, well that's Christian ethics in a secular context for you. Appear moral, appear sympathetic, appear empathetic, prattle on about human rights or dignity, and then gather the mob by playing the victim to rob those dignities and rights from anyone who pokes or questions. Meritocracy, freedom of speech, the marketplace of ideas - hilarious, the finest marketing exercises yet performed by mankind! Of course, these people are the same demographic as those who committed the Salem witch trials so it's natural that they don't need doctrinal Christianity to keep playing the part of holy inquisitors. It is repugnant, very much so. It's not surprising though. Anybody who wants to be free will eventually have to confront the fact that this mob is hunting down free spirits and has been doing it for 1500 years at least, they excuse this by always targeting the periphery - something something, first they came for the 'x' and I wasn't an 'x', then they came for the 'y' and I wasn't a 'y', then they came for 'z' and there was nobody left to oppose them.

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Pretty good article about the whole situation as it stands here in The world should not need Kiwi Farms
NBC News National Security Frank Figliuzzi, a former FBI assistant director, made a provably false accusation that Kiwi Farms is responsible for three suicides and without any evidence claimed that Kiwi Farms could easily become an "increased threat to domestic terror."
Fucking glowies, seriously they are everywhere in the mainstream news. Seems like they've gone from recruiting journalists to cutting out the middleman entirely.

Virtual Cafe Awards
fuck kiwifarms. burn in hell null. in 10 years we'll all be ashamed we even barely remembered you.

yall like "free speeechkh". but it's MEAN LIES. what good is mean lies? NONE. NO GOOD
I don't know, this sounds like a pretty mean post. You might need to be banned from the internet to protect our feefees.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know, this sounds like a pretty mean post. You might need to be banned from the internet to protect our feefees.
i was drunk, gimme a break. kiwifarms is just ... awful. such a dark place. i'm happy if it's gone. my abstract commitment to freedom of speech is not enough to make me give a fuck if kiwifarms gets erased from online.

Virtual Cafe Awards

i was drunk, gimme a break. kiwifarms is just ... awful. such a dark place. i'm happy if it's gone. my abstract commitment to freedom of speech is not enough to make me give a fuck if kiwifarms gets erased from online.

I'm drunk, you don't have an excuse!

Gwen please drunkpost somewhere else. If you're just going to be like everyone else here who opposes the farms for 'mostly' bad reasons (Of which I mentioned here), then don't expect anyone to take you seriously. To be for freedom of expression or speech is to accept that sites like Kiwifarms and 4chan are going to continue to exist. Sorry to be absolutist but it's the ugly truth.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gwen

戈文
Reaction score
Awards
I'm drunk, you don't have an excuse!

Gwen please drunkpost somewhere else. If you're just going to be like everyone else here who opposes the farms for 'mostly' bad reasons (Of which I mentioned here), then don't expect anyone to take you seriously. To be for freedom of expression or speech is to accept that sites like Kiwifarms and 4chan are going to continue to exist. Sorry to be absolutist but it's the ugly truth.
hi, thanks for the link to your other post and for coming back to engage with me about it. i admit my reaction was emotional and i hadn't been following the recent events closely. it's hard for me to have sympathy for KF and Null but from reading the piece @SolidStateSurvivor posted i'm starting to understand how the situation is more complicated and the stakes might be higher than i thought. whatever my feelings are about the site i guess i can't honestly say i think Kiwifarms being up is worse than SJ twitter and mainstream news orgs effectively having veto power over the rest of the internet :confusedMikasa:

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.