Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
guyledouche.jpg

Hi folks, Guy here with zome important breaken newz

itshappeningguy.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Kiwi Farms is a death cult that is dangerous not only to whoever it targets (95% of the time harmless internet weirdos) but to everyone who gets involved. It's so radioactive that it glows, in more ways than one. The modern social media internet makes people far more vulnerable to harrassment than they would have been in previous ages; KF isn't much bigger than it's predecessors (GNAA, Encyclopedia Dramatica, Helldump) but it's able to do a lot more damage now that everyone's so online. None of it's predecessors could be traced to as many suicides, or even any at all. The latest of those was particularly pointless and fucked up, and galvanized the entire open-source community against the site, which is why it can't even get Xenforo updates anymore.

Still it soldiers on, and it will soldier on through whatever this is when any other similar site has been run off the net. You gotta wonder why that is.

Virtual Cafe Awards
This is exactly how I feel about it. Its nice that its one of the few places you can say what you want but I wouldn't be sad if it disappeared. A gossip community is hardly a net positive on the internet.
There isn't anything inherently terrible about a gossip site, it's just that social media has fully taken over that function, for the worse. Whatever can't go on social media is by definition going to be uglier.

You could talk about the few good things that have come from KF (helping expose the zoosadist ring, being a relatively safe place to leak info/anonymized research) but in the end it gets drowned out by all the nazis and doxxing. That's what we in the biz call "shitcoating", and it's bad. Not too long ago we used to have places where it was easy to do the former without being smashed upside the head by the latter.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There isn't anything inherently terrible about a gossip site, it's just that social media has fully taken over that function, for the worse. Whatever can't go on social media is by definition going to be uglier.

You could talk about the few good things that have come from KF (helping expose the zoosadist ring, being a relatively safe place to leak info/anonymized research) but in the end it gets drowned out by all the nazis and doxxing. That's what we in the biz call "shitcoating", and it's bad. Not too long ago we used to have places where it was easy to do the former without being smashed upside the head by the latter.
The thing about Kiwi Farms is it has a fairly active off-topic and there aren't many places you can go and anonymously talk about say, Star Trek, anymore that aren't reddit. I tried posting on the farms in past, but it was just too autistic for me. Threads were continuously getting derailed by Nagolbud style rants about how Jews are using New Star Trek shows to destroy the white race or some shit. Still, while I don't care for the stuff where they analyze the minutia of everyone's life, it just kind of sucks there aren't many places to go an anonymously talk about other stuff like video games and shows and the news and stuff anymore. I just want a somewhere where you can talk about Captain Kirk and also call someone faggot if they're hand wringing about political correctness in a 50 year old TV show.

It's like, there are people who don't like to suck tranny dick constantly who still like to talk about TV shows, you know? Not that I personally have any kind of issue with trans people, you can insert any hot button normie political topic of the moment. I'm pretty sure if I said, "Actually, I don't care for the idea of a female Dr. Who" in the Dr. Who Subreddit, I'd get banned. Like, just the most milquetoast disagreement with the current popular narrative.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
There isn't anything inherently terrible about a gossip site
The whole point of KF is to make fun of people and that wont change regardless of how many incidentally good things come out of it. I find that this type of gossip does not contribute positively in the slightest to society and has ruined the lives of many people by existing. All you have to do is look at the man the site was built around to see that putting a spotlight on retards and collectively making fun of them is immoral but people don't want to be confronted by that because they'd have to take some responsibility for their actions. Most of the internet is vacuous but gossip sites are a drain on society.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I really regret getting into that side of the internet. Sure, there's a ridiculous amount of people whose behaviors are just unacceptably bad if they don't change or learn from behavior not tolerated otherwise on the internet or in public, but there's just something so draining of having to deal with the exact same types of people and communities over and over again. Not saying some of the people they cover are immune from criticism, sites like kf don't always have people with the best intentions or mind set either way or can be sometimes just as worse as the people they find.

Virtual Cafe Awards
View attachment 25029'dgue an
Hi folks, Guy here with zome important breaken newz

Nice. Happy to see fellow MXC/Takeshi's Castle fans out there.

Kiwi Farms is a death cult that is dangerous not only to whoever it targets (95% of the time harmless internet weirdos) but to everyone who gets involved. It's so radioactive that it glows, in more ways than one. The modern social media internet makes people far more vulnerable to harrassment than they would have been in previous ages; KF isn't much bigger than it's predecessors (GNAA, Encyclopedia Dramatica, Helldump) but it's able to do a lot more damage now that everyone's so online. None of it's predecessors could be traced to as many suicides, or even any at all. The latest of those was particularly pointless and fucked up, and galvanized the entire open-source community against the site, which is why it can't even get Xenforo updates anymore.

Still it soldiers on, and it will soldier on through whatever this is when any other similar site has been run off the net. You gotta wonder why that is.

Let me be honest, the reason why Kiwifarms manages to stick around, and I've seen this with /pol/ when I regulated there, is simple word of mouth, finger pointing, and general curiosity. Thus, receiving a fresh batch of new members there every time someone throws a hissy fit on twitter (or other social media sites) and points the finger at the farms. It has happened before and will continue to happen in the future.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hah. Null can't have one peaceful moment. It's a shame. KF itself is a nice place and the users are usually okay as well.

• Disgust
Reactions: UCD

Talon

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Kiwifarms tends to attract users who are too autistic to be part of any other community. I don't mind that there's a site that documents these different e-celebs but there's a decent enough amount of losers on there that cross the line from passive gossip into criminal territory and have contributed to the needless suffering of others. When you run a site known for doxing and harassment and make as many enemies as Null has over the years, I can't say I'm surprised something like this would happen but I wish him the best in fighting this. For better or worse, the Farms are one of the last refuges from the rest of the corporate-owned, sanitized, curated Internet.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Kiwifarms tends to attract users who are too autistic to be part of any other community.
That is true. A big challenge for all the non-mainstream platforms that they usually attract two ends of the bell curve. The ones who are too dumb to operate in civil society and the ones who are too big brain to tolerate the speuds at all.

I suspect that KF has a lot of Troll Shielding (ie. people who don't want to be trolled joining a trolling organization to preemt being trolled) as well.

On the bright side the forum shows that people online can be chill considering there is really a broad range of people attending Null's bad life decision. You can have the polar opposites, but they can just get into their own part of the forum. It shows that social media is cancer because it is just one big feed and pushing everybody into everybody's face all the time. I suspect things would be way less toxic if there was no bot trying to farm engagement and time from the users by starting fires all the time.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
It was a replacement for 8chan, after it got nuked. You could make your own boards and such.
I thought the replacement was 8kun? Was 9chan owned by Null?

Virtual Cafe Awards

GhostCow

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
As I recall he ended up having to nuke it after it got mobbed by people constantly posting CP and other things the feds would take issue with.
Not exactly. He gave the site to some anonymous new owners because he didn't want to deal with it. It's really sad too because 9chan was huge at first and infinity chan is the best image board software I've ever experienced. It was a really nice site for a week or so. If Josh had just disabled tor access for a while and banned the pedos until they got tired of trolling and moved on to somewhere else 9chan would have been the best image board around. Not allowing legacy boards like /v/ and /x/ hurt it too. The new owners just let it sit around and haven't done anything with it and it's basically dead except for the occasional post on /b/.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yakito

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not exactly. He gave the site to some anonymous new owners because he didn't want to deal with it. It's really sad too because 9chan was huge at first and infinity chan is the best image board software I've ever experienced. It was a really nice site for a week or so. If Josh had just disabled tor access for a while and banned the pedos until they got tired of trolling and moved on to somewhere else 9chan would have been the best imagine board around. Not allowing legacy boards like /v/ and /x/ hurt it too. The new owners just let it sit around and haven't done anything with it and it's basically dead except for the occasional post on /b/.
Not having the videogames and skitzo boards were a weird decision, especially not having /v/. Where do you even discuss meta issues about video games online? Nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.