Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
Nothing interesting is going on. Null has declared "total retard war" because some Tier 1 ISPs won't carry his traffic but the site is otherwise functional. A bunch of FCC complaints have been submitted regarding CenturyLink and a lot of low information posts have been made about VPNs.

Virtual Cafe Awards
There's some other posts where he talks big about how he's going to write a letter to Tucker Carlson, and that could go either way, both of them hellworldtacular and sad and fucked. Tucker having Chaya Raichik on means there's a nonzero chance of them talking, but the place has such an intensely radioactive rep that the most likely outcome is null being ignored.

Maybe he should have left the Byuu thread deleted instead of undeleting it and doxxing the moderator that got rid of it. He brought TOTAL RETARD WAR on himself, too bad everything else gets fucked too. Fuck him.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
And nothing of value was lost. Who cares about Kiwi Farms anyway? It is just a refuge for self-hating autists.
This. Stop acting like burning these shitholes that only exist to harass and hurt people is somehow a "war on your free speech." Nobody deserves that shit, and places like that deserve to be destroyed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
LFJ and her ilk really couldn't find a better patsy for ruining basic net neutrality if you tried and this is by design. Finding an unlikeable scapegoat to use as experiments for all sorts of nefarious shit... to normalize all sorts of new kinds of hell you can unleash online... the irony is incredible.
That's how it's always been with this sort of thing, create a ploy to strip people's freedoms by fronting it with a moral crusade that won't actually address the issues and serve as something one can't question without committing social suicide. In the late 90s internet it was cheese pizza as a proxy, then terrorism in the 2000s, now disinformation and glorified cyber bullying in the 10s/20s.

This. Stop acting like burning these shitholes that only exist to harass and hurt people is somehow a "war on your free speech." Nobody deserves that shit, and places like that deserve to be destroyed.
Just because outsiders deem a certain website's content as a shit hole/dumpster fire doesn't entitle them to have any agency over that site's operations.

What's happening to KF is what has been occuring on an individual level for years with "cancelling," this is simply the slippery slope in action where the next evolution of these methods is on a far more grand scale. These tactics will serve as a blueprint for how other groups will go about stifling entire websites/digital communities in the future. This strong arming of individuals, groups, and large entities by a fervently vocal group of outsiders constitutes an infringement upon free speech/expression through intimidation. And as we're currently seeing on Twitter post-Musk's acquisition, should the pendulum swing the other way, those who've most aggressively encouraged this sort of behavior will be the first to complain when it's thrown right back at them, and even then they will fail to realize the irony of their situation.

In a case like this where KF's opposition has already won the "info war" by mobilizing sympathetic allies in the field of mainstream narrative weaving and is doing everything the Farms are accused of without any recourse, why don't kiwis just embrace the villainous status they've been attributed and go full spook mode? Logistically speaking they're an establishment essentially locked into a guerilla war, and can not win this "total retard war" with conventional tactics, petitioning, or appeals to reason because those channels have already been poisoned. Null getting another essay featured on ZeroHedge won't do shit when they're facing opposition staging false flag swatting attempts against Congress members and alleged threats to ISP executives.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Here's the problem: all of social media exists only to make people angry and emotional at each other; that is their business model deep down. Twitter is the worst one - simply a version of Kiwi Farms for "normal" people. They both have to go.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: wot

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
Here's the problem: all of social media exists only to make people angry and emotional at each other; that is their business model deep down. Twitter is the worst one - simply a version of Kiwi Farms for "normal" people. They both have to go.
I don't disagree at all. Only reason I'm on any social media right now is to try to direct attention towards the communities I'm building. Ten years ago when Twitter launched I said "I don't see why anything other than famous people & projects are on here" and it's infinitely worse now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Kiwifarms has been down for nearly the last week and doesn't look to be returning any time soon to the clearnet.
Like I said before, this kind of censorship is bad for the Internet. However, everything Josh touches explodes into drama, the latest example being his relationship with poast. At some point you have to think the problem is probably Josh. Like, his enemies list has to be longer than Richard Nixon's at this point.

Full disclosure: I have never used and never will use poast, so please don't lecture me about how terrible poast is. It's just an example. I don't care if it's terrible.

Virtual Cafe Awards

housepoopr

I mean, I agree with the freedom of speech and of expression, but I have always heard extremely negative things about kiwifarms. It seems like often, some of the behavior of folks on that forum crosses over from protected speech to unprotected speech. If you harrass, dox, threaten, and generally use your knowledge of systems to hurt other people, it will be hard to garner support from just about anyone.

I think it's a net negative for society as a whole. It seems like narcissism is a defining western trait at this point. We're all bad people who need Christ, all sinners, and though I can't judge individuals, it's clear the actions are negative. I'm not better and need salvation in Christ.

If kiwi farms cleaned up it's act it'd be a lot harder to boot them from the clear net. Now they have to go into hiding in the dark web. The tranny that did this how gets to have some sort of temporary and fleeting win.

In my opinion maybe they should've fragmented. Using the hydra strategy to keep their enemies tied up in trying to take down multiple sites.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
If kiwi farms cleaned up it's act it'd be a lot harder to boot them from the clear net. Now they have to go into hiding in the dark web. The tranny that did this how gets to have some sort of temporary and fleeting win.

In my opinion maybe they should've fragmented. Using the hydra strategy to keep their enemies tied up in trying to take down multiple sites.
Someone from a splinter site apparently suggested this and Josh just made fun of him.

While I have no issue pointing and laughing at people's publically posted Youtube videos and stuff, I don't really care for the doxing stuff and autistically tracking every little thing somebody does. However, I thought the site had value just by virtue of the size of the community. If you wanted to talk about a TV show, for example, there was most likely a thread about it already with 10-20 active posters. There are not that many places left on the Internet with a large active community of people to just shoot the shit with that aren't filled with the kind of people you see on reddit. Just overly woke and consumerist.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards

Maybe this would work, but isn't Kiwifarms Null's primary source of income? As I understand it, Null is pretty protective of his control of the most well-known lolcow rubber-necking page. Even without giving up control, I still think there are lots of strategies that could, potentially, keep Kiwifarms on the clearnet. I just don't, personally, have much faith that any path forward will be taken. It's unfortunate, because I don't know of many other forums that appeal to me anymore.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
For those OOTL, a static page is up describing the issue with the manchild tranny trying to literally deplatform KF, by using his position in SV and going after clients who have nothing to do with this drama.

Shit site or not, if there are no legal actions taken against KF, there should be no issue with it existing. Sure, make fun of it, make another drama site mocking it, but to go after KF in this manner is very low character.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
the freedom of speech and of expression
lol Kiwifarms has nothing to do with freedom of speech, it's a place that would ban users for "spamming" negative reactions or "harassing" other users (pretty much shows how fragile your average kiwifag is).
Unfortunately this site also does have those losers invading here (just see the unholy fishtank thread which thankfully is dead now)

You know what's weird is that the opposite happened to get us to where we are. There were a number of splinter/snark communities online that KF essentially scooped up during it's initial rise to notoriety (2015-2017). A forum/community dedicated to ragging on Shakesville, for example, dried up and months later a section on the forum got dedicated to doing the same thing for a little while. The furry section only went up after Vivisector died, to name another example.

It just sort of hoovered up every reject from every internet community and made them worse.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Guru Meditation

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this would work, but isn't Kiwifarms Null's primary source of income?
He has talked about this before on his podcast. Most of his income is from recurring donations to him personally, plus a little bit from contracting on the side.

So KF being down doesn't change his income right now, the longer it goes on those donations might start to dry up. It was also the reason he didn't want it Tor-only. A fully darknet KF would be much harder to grow his sponsors.

This explains why he seems so chill with downtime. If KF was advertising supported or had a membership fee he'd be scrambling to get it back up ASAP because otherwise his income would go to zero.

It just sort of hoovered up every reject from every internet community and made them worse.
Null hates KF 'splinter' sites and lolcow YouTubers that he feels are taking KF content for free and making bank. He has a weird parasocial relationship with the people he documents on his site.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
splinter/snark communities
KF is a weird experience really, lots of people (including me admittedly) enjoy messing around on KF but hate the jannies, the rules, and fragile retards who would cry for jannies because you give them too much negative stickers.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
KF is a weird experience really, lots of people (including me admittedly) enjoy messing around on KF but hate the jannies, the rules, and fragile retards who would cry for jannies because you give them too much negative stickers.
KF to me just feels like a more autistic, less self-aware ED, hence the meme I posted previously.
Speaking of which, ED has a page on Null, which I think KF users would find very...interesting.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
KF to me just feels like a more autistic, less self-aware ED, hence the meme I posted previously.
Speaking of which, ED has a page on Null, which I think KF users would find very...interesting.
Their lolcow threads are extremely autistic (just see the fishtank thread on this site which has the same vibe and you'd know how), but the shitposting and trolling was fun, I had received a handful of death threats from polfaggots back in there lol.
Joshy is an ugly unemployable neetcel and everyone already know that. His life would have been far better if he has never know Chirsh Chan in the first place, that's what happen if you take the internet too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.