Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Good fucking riddance. The place had a counter as to how many people it induced to commit suicide. What a dumpster fire of a place. I get being an edgy 13 year old but, yeah... you grow out of that shit. Or you should, at least.

On a side note, so many people do not understand what the freedom of speech means.

It means that you can't get arrested for saying (nearly) anything. This is a wonderful and very important thing. Just because you have the luxury of the freedom of speech from a governmental standpoint doesn't mean you're not going to get pushback from private citizens that think your shit is abhorrent. I'm not sure why some people can't understand the delineation here.
Big disagree on my side.

We have these government granted monopolies called corporations, that are doing the censorship and spying work, so the Government can wash its hands. People are getting their careers destroyed and kicked out of banks by "private citizens" etc.

Your line of thinking did work in the past more, when you had an Absolute Monarch like Charles I. of the UK or Soviet Russia. Sure then, you literally had a centralized list of bad thought and other stuff that were law. The problem now is that "private citizens" have way more control over our lives now than the empty suits they put into the offices. And no, you don't even get to have the list of "no-no" things.

You need to update your thinking to this day and age when a handful of corporations decide what is reality for the vast majority of the people and they can ban anybody for questioning the dogma. Because it's "disinformation" or "harassment".

Is KiwiFarms a dumb gossip site? Yes, it is.
Is this situation lubrication for the slippery slope for the further censorship of the Internet? Yes, it is.

Also, sure they get rid of Null and his gossip site. Now what? Yet one more precedent was set that you can just nuke a community because some mentally ill people didn't like it. Precedents never go away. The internet hate mob will just look for a new target anyway, the corporations will be more confident in refusing service to people because of no-no thoughts and people trying to make content will get the memo more that in this anarcho tyranny don't even try to rock the boat or you may be hammered out of the things you have built.

There is no public vs private, there is only power...

Also muh suicidie, how many people did Twitter, Facebook, etc. killed by inciting the Arab Spring? The heads of the companies were bragging about how they riled up the mob. Will they be held responsible for practically pushing and helping to organize the US riots of 2020 (defying even the all mightly lockdown they were pushing) and caused billions of property damage to the poorest communities? Nah. I will care about punishing jay walking when the psycho with the bloody chainsaw is taken care of.

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
The only other thing somewhat along these lines I've noticed is lolwut's site may be shadowbanned from the activity feed.
No I think they just decided to move. I found it in search results pretty easily the other day and that was the first I had come across that site

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards
This world is run not by merit, but by people. Whether or not you support kiwifarms, I think it's worth mentioning you really only start encountering problems once you draw enough attention or anger the wrong people. That's how it has always been. And it's especially evident how far you can get in your cause if you have personal connections with people in power. As much as we like to shit on them, we really should learn from people like Liz Fong Jones and Keffals for leveraging their personal connections. I hope Null does too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
No I think they just decided to move. I found it in search results pretty easily the other day and that was the first I had come across that site
They did, but even when he was on neocities making updates it wouldn't show up in the "activity" feed. General searching still worked fine though like you said.

Tell me exactly, what would the ramifications be for not putting up a 'fact check' or 'misinformation' claim on something when asked to by the government? Would you be arrested? Would your tax status change? Could the government do anything to you besides ask you to do these things, in an admittedly fairly authoritarian voice? No? Then, the most likely scenario is that they complied with the request because they too believed that it was in their best interest for whatever reason, or were too spineless to hold up to their principles when given a toothless request. The government doesn't have as much power as is portrayed here
Government can leverage it's power over the companies it gives all these favors and exemptions to. Stop playing by their rules/desires and they'll find themselves the target of legislation or like you said, have their tax status messed with. Taikon777 said it better then I could:
We have these government granted monopolies called corporations, that are doing the censorship and spying work, so the Government can wash its hands. People are getting their careers destroyed and kicked out of banks by "private citizens" etc.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Good fucking riddance. The place had a counter as to how many people it induced to commit suicide.
Hot take: If a website making fun of your social media posts causes you to commit suicide you were probably extremely mentally ill to begin with.

I'm not going to defend every user of Kiwifarms and their actions, but the suicide thing especially has been debunked pretty extensively by people like Destiny who are not affiliated with Kiwifarms.

The place that actually doxes people and actually runs gay ops and tries to get people swatted is called doxbin. I will not link to it here because it's a pretty terrible site, but you can Google it if you are so inclined. Kiwi Farms is an easy target because it's a place where autistic weirdos obsess over the social media posts of other weirdos and it is very unsympathetic. However, on Kiwifarms interacting with those weirdos is explicitly forbidden by the sites rules and gets you ostracized from the community.

Most of the stuff you read about Kiwifarms on Twitter is put out there by grifters who need a boogeyman to raise money. If you can't look at the gofundme Keffals did where the goal and use of the money was left intentionally vague and connect those dots I feel sorry for you.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This world is run not by merit, but by people. Whether or not you support kiwifarms, I think it's worth mentioning you really only start encountering problems once you draw enough attention or anger the wrong people. That's how it has always been. And it's especially evident how far you can get in your cause if you have personal connections with people in power. As much as we like to shit on them, we really should learn from people like Liz Fong Jones and Keffals for leveraging their personal connections. I hope Null does too.
Problem is Null is shit at making personal connections lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

UCD

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have to say that kiwifarms served a valuable function. Although they all were retarded psycopaths, it was the easiest place to find every possible thing about some obscure topic or person, down to their full legal name and personal address of course. It was my go to to find out about someone or something because there was always a thread to go off of. The problem is, the only people who spend that inhuman amount of time doing useless shit are also the type that love to talk about how much they want other people tortured and killed, so there are pros and cons.

Virtual Cafe Awards

handoferis

Executor of Dry IT Men
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
I just don't understand why in this situation you wouldn't just call the fuckin' cops instead of letting someone chat shit at you after you've been assaulted (even if you successfully fend em off it's still assault). If more people did this back then maybe the lunatics wouldn't be running the asylum.
It's the Bay Area. Cops would arrest you for hate crimes against trannies.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I just don't understand why in this situation you wouldn't just call the fuckin' cops instead of letting someone chat shit at you after you've been assaulted (even if you successfully fend em off it's still assault). If more people did this back then maybe the lunatics wouldn't be running the asylum.
Yeah it'd be pretty easy to get a restraining order in this case. Much more difficult to press criminal charges but a restraining order doesn't take much

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Shantotto

TTD Militia
Reaction score
Awards
But at the end of the day you do have one group trying to silence the other because they say and do things they disagree with, and they got the corporate infrastructure to cave into their demands. And it's legitimately frustrating because it's validated the slippery slope argument. We started at "don't like it, make your own platform" to "don't like it, just get your own infrastructure" and I promise you the next step is getting ISP's to entirely ban access to certain sites.
PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
How much >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk gold do I win for being right? As I have speculated in the Musk Buys Twitter thread, formal legislation targeted at the internet as a whole is very well a possibility in the near future if that deal goes through.

And the worst part is I know a lot of internet users and talking heads are going to back it because it'll be marketed as a socially progressive cause. This won't be like net neutrality or SOPA/PIPA where the majority of netizens and even prominent sites defiantly opposed it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.