Kiwifarms under attack | Veteran of the Psychic Wars | The Internet is for EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3990

Site went down, but I managed to screenshot this before it did.

IMG_20221031_183553.jpg
Null's struggle is commendable. I hope he wins.

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Fucking lol.

Purposely kicked a hornet's nest, played victim, got $100k on gofundme claiming it was for legal fees, used it to go on a trip to Europe, buy vidya games and pay for a new apartment for a year, then drops off the Internet. How do people not see through this grifting?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Fucking lol.

Purposely kicked a hornet's nest, played victim, got $100k on gofundme claiming it was for legal fees, used it to go on a trip to Europe, buy vidya games and pay for a new apartment for a year, then drops off the Internet. How do people not see through this grifting?
so does joshy tho, expect he hasn't dropped off from the internet (yet), anyone who donates money to either side is a retarded gullible cattle at this point.

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
got $100k on gofundme claiming it was for legal fees, used it to go on a trip to Europe, buy vidya games and pay for a new apartment for a year, then drops off the Internet.
I know there's some real dumb people out there, but surely even idiots want to hold onto their money? Instead there's people who will throw their open wallet to minor celebrities when they beg a little. If you want to help people, buy a meal for a homeless guy, and give money to trustworthy family and friends when they're in need.
I'm really interested now to know the psychology of why followers can be compelled to throw their money out for nothing in return. Surely not just the parasocial aspect?

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Surely not just the parasocial aspect?
I actually think this is mostly what it is. People don't have any real life friends and they'll listen to someone's podcast, watch their Twitch stream and post in their Discord and think they're actually friends with the person. It's only like 10% sadder than people who pay women on Onlyfan for the GFE.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Fucking lol.

Even funnier is that a lot of the actual work (like getting the farms removed from the internet archive) wasn't even done by Keffals, they just stole the credit for it from others.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Collision

Green Tea Ice Cream
Reaction score
Awards
I'm really interested now to know the psychology of why followers can be compelled to throw their money out for nothing in return. Surely not just the parasocial aspect?
I think it's just another way to signal that you're "good" socially. You can see this behavior all over the place, including on this site. A lot of people have a powerful need to agree with the "good" side of any conflict. The people who are giving money to Keffals (or Null for that matter) probably don't care that he is or isn't a good steward. They only care that they can demonstrate their "good" affiliation. When you think about it, $100,000 really isn't much money. It's $100 from 1000 people. It's $10 from 10000 people. To the people handing over the cash the social credibility of being on the "good" side is more valuable than whatever the price is. Privately, I imagine, many of these donors don't agree with Keffals's behavior but it doesn't matter.

I'm sure, if you have ever stood up for anything then you've already encountered people like this.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
If you want to help people, buy a meal for a homeless guy, and give money to trustworthy family and friends when they're in need.
Remember to think about yourself aswell, some people can be quite ungrateful and self destructive and won't learn anything or do anything to help, there is more than just acting for the sake of acting, help is not just giving things to people who need them, help is carrying them until they managed to stand on their own feets, for that you need to seriously trust that other person, because there is nothing as big as the selfless love to help another person because you actually care for that person.

I usually do not help people, but when i do, be sure i will move earths and ocean to help you, is a thing about quality over quantity, because you see, some homeless people do not want money for food, they want for booze and vice, some friends and family can be abusive and toxic, people you don't know and decide to blindly follow and help, will most likely spit in your face back or create a codependence on you that will ultimetely crush your spirit, believe me, it happened to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I was about to say that if you're like me and don't like clicking on kf but occasionally want to see more frequent updates on what's going on with it from a somewhat less hysterical perspective than the "mainstream" you can check out the relevant thread on lolcow.farm (it's less deadly femcel-run alternative), but it seems to be down right now. Hope that's not a related outage!

LFJ and her ilk really couldn't find a better patsy for ruining basic net neutrality if you tried and this is by design. Finding an unlikeable scapegoat to use as experiments for all sorts of nefarious shit... to normalize all sorts of new kinds of hell you can unleash online... the irony is incredible.

That first post hints at going after "the families of ISP executives" but doesn't elaborate. Any idea what's going on with that? If it is what I think it is, well, it's been real guys because if this shit keeps going nobody's going to want to deal with setting a up a website of their own ever again.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.