i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

HellManMayo

Please be patient, I have autism.
Reaction score
Awards
These shooter types though seem to think that everyone on these sites is 100% like them in their complete unwavering belief that the shitposting there is actually factual.
1653659198393.png

Deleted member 3373

I think there is a select group of people who simply can't handle meme culture. Like when you go to sites like 4chan or ifunny you know the vast majority of users are there simply for the edgy memes and free expression and nothing more. Don't get me wrong there might be some level of belief in the memes (see /pol/) but still the vast overwhelming majority of users aren't actually planning to act on any of it and really just use the memes to vent or to point out the absurdity of modern life, etc.

These shooter types though seem to think that everyone on these sites is 100% like them in their complete unwavering belief that the shitposting there is actually factual. Also these types always have awful home lives and whatnot irl. It's a mingling between their IRL circumstances and the stuff they see online and a dash of mental illness that makes them believe in all this shit that causes it. Like I went through an edgy teen phase and browsed 4chan religously for years but I simply saw the memes as edge and I grew out of it. Whereas the Buffalo loser had only browsed for like a year or two (far less than I had been browsing) and was willing to do what he did. This kinda shows that there were underlying circumstances that caused him to do what he did and really his internet browsing habits only enflamed things further.
This is called profilicity. A recent trend in identity formation that was produced by social media. Identity formation throughout most of human history was formed through what was called sincerity. That is you were assigned a role by the tribe or society and you were judged by how sincerely you carried out that role. With the rise of industrial society came the rise of authenticity. That is when one is defined by tastes and talents and your ability to set yourself apart from others. This could be seen in a lot of children's programming from my childhood. Talking about how unique and special you are as that was society's interest at the time. However today it has shifted over to "inclusion". That is because people no longer believe in authenticity and have since abandoned it for what is called profilicity. That is a hyperreal person. People get a sense of identity out of social media images. Hyperreal images. You ever noticed how the 2010s had no youth subculture to identify itself with? Like emos, goths, punks and others. They were persistent until the 2010s in which this sort of behaviour disappeared over night. This is because people now attach themselves to meme subcultures and compete to match that image in the most extreme and hyperreal way they can. It is effectively "The computer says I do/am this, so therefore I should do it". It is a soulless form of identity in which one deprives oneself of any and all autonomy.

These people are the perfect example of that. Increasingly they seem to lack any clear motivation other than "the meme". I must admit this is starting to make me wonder if I should revive my meme culture critique thread from last year. Either way it is this very type of behaviour that is slowly driving me off the internet as it's very clear that normies simply cannot handle it. But it seems that memes have become a quasi-religion for these people. The meme dictates how one should act, live, and think. I saw this all the time in the 2010s political trends. The majority of online Communists (for example) aren't the working-class nor are they the intelligentsia a la the Bolsheviks. Rather they're a bunch of young people who were radicalised through memes rather than as a response to real issues. These shooters are doing the same thing. It is all being done for meme clout. To the point where they're willing to sacrifice their own and the lives of others to do it. But what is the point of killing for the meme anyway? At least with a political or religiously motivated murder there is some kind of higher cause you can ascribe to. In the case of politics (say national independence) you kill for a group of people you perceive as being oppressed. In the case of religion you kill in the name of God. Whilst I would never suggest someone actually go and do these things they at least ascribe some kind of virtue to the killers in those scenarios (however twisted they may be). But a meme? Well what is a meme? It's a form of humour. It's dopamine. These people are killing for dopamine. Pure pleasure. They are disgusting and have absolutely nothing redeeming about them. And this will only get worse as more of the population falls to profilicity. It's just another reason to run.

Cobalt

Cairnkicker
Reaction score
Awards
This is called profilicity. A recent trend in identity formation that was produced by social media. Identity formation throughout most of human history was formed through what was called sincerity. That is you were assigned a role by the tribe or society and you were judged by how sincerely you carried out that role. With the rise of industrial society came the rise of authenticity. That is when one is defined by tastes and talents and your ability to set yourself apart from others. This could be seen in a lot of children's programming from my childhood. Talking about how unique and special you are as that was society's interest at the time. However today it has shifted over to "inclusion". That is because people no longer believe in authenticity and have since abandoned it for what is called profilicity. That is a hyperreal person. People get a sense of identity out of social media images. Hyperreal images. You ever noticed how the 2010s had no youth subculture to identify itself with? Like emos, goths, punks and others. They were persistent until the 2010s in which this sort of behaviour disappeared over night. This is because people now attach themselves to meme subcultures and compete to match that image in the most extreme and hyperreal way they can. It is effectively "The computer says I do/am this, so therefore I should do it". It is a soulless form of identity in which one deprives oneself of any and all autonomy.

These people are the perfect example of that. Increasingly they seem to lack any clear motivation other than "the meme". I must admit this is starting to make me wonder if I should revive my meme culture critique thread from last year. Either way it is this very type of behaviour that is slowly driving me off the internet as it's very clear that normies simply cannot handle it. But it seems that memes have become a quasi-religion for these people. The meme dictates how one should act, live, and think. I saw this all the time in the 2010s political trends. The majority of online Communists (for example) aren't the working-class nor are they the intelligentsia a la the Bolsheviks. Rather they're a bunch of young people who were radicalised through memes rather than as a response to real issues. These shooters are doing the same thing. It is all being done for meme clout. To the point where they're willing to sacrifice their own and the lives of others to do it. But what is the point of killing for the meme anyway? At least with a political or religiously motivated murder there is some kind of higher cause you can ascribe to. In the case of politics (say national independence) you kill for a group of people you perceive as being oppressed. In the case of religion you kill in the name of God. Whilst I would never suggest someone actually go and do these things they at least ascribe some kind of virtue to the killers in those scenarios (however twisted they may be). But a meme? Well what is a meme? It's a form of humour. It's dopamine. These people are killing for dopamine. Pure pleasure. They are disgusting and have absolutely nothing redeeming about them. And this will only get worse as more of the population falls to profilicity. It's just another reason to run.
Wow! I had never heard of this before. Thank you for taking the time to explain it. : )

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
But a meme? Well what is a meme? It's a form of humour. It's dopamine. These people are killing for dopamine. Pure pleasure. They are disgusting
A meme is not just a form of humor. Meme means the smallest possible unit of a culturally transmitted idea, and in this case it's the idea that is important, not the form it comes in (humor). These people believe memes. The idea is taken wholesale, they genuinely take the humor as truth. These people are killing for something they believe in just the same, the form the community interaction that leads them to gain this belief takes, is just humorous. People identify with a certain group, and will kill to protect that identity- when the identity contains certain beliefs that suggest a threat to the group. They are killing for acceptance, and to lash out at the society they view as the source of their problems. Memes as humor are merely the technology of indoctrination.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

A meme is not just a form of humor. Meme means the smallest possible unit of a culturally transmitted idea, and in this case it's the idea that is important, not the form it comes in (humor). These people believe memes. The idea is taken wholesale, they genuinely take the humor as truth. These people are killing for something they believe in just the same, the form the community interaction that leads them to gain this belief takes, is just humorous. People identify with a certain group, and will kill to protect that identity- when the identity contains certain beliefs that suggest a threat to the group. They are killing for acceptance, and to lash out at the society they view as the source of their problems. Memes as humor are merely the technology of indoctrination.
In a lot of cases, not really. After what I saw on the left I can no longer believe that. They do in all likelihood have mental issues but a lot of it is social media induced. They behave a lot like children except the internet is their authority figure. These people go through identities like changing clothing. You know who else has an extremely unstable sense of identity? People with cluster B personality disorders. Psychopaths, Narcissists, Borderlines, and Histrionics. I'd highly recommend watching lectures by Professor Sam Vaknin if you want to learn more about this because it helps put everything into context.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
In a lot of cases, not really. After what I saw on the left I can no longer believe that. They do in all likelihood have mental issues but a lot of it is social media induced. They behave a lot like children except the internet is their authority figure. These people go through identities like changing clothing. You know who else has an extremely unstable sense of identity? People with cluster B personality disorders. Psychopaths, Narcissists, Borderlines, and Histrionics. I'd highly recommend watching lectures by Professor Sam Vaknin if you want to learn more about this because it helps put everything into context.
The source of a mental issue doesn't make it less impactful. A rapidly changing identity is no less compelling to behaviour. Our society is set up to induce this kind of problem, very intentionally by those at the top.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

The source of a mental issue doesn't make it less impactful. A rapidly changing identity is no less compelling to behaviour. Our society is set up to induce this kind of problem, very intentionally by those at the top.
Oh I don't deny that it's any lese impactful but what I am saying is that it's not due to trauma. Most of these people haven't been outside enough to ever endure any kind of trauma. In fact the source of their mental issue is that they haven't endured any real sense of loss or pain. Which paradoxically becomes a source of pain. Their parents' have left them to the internet and these kids have become bonded to the screen. Notice how the younger they go the more of them there are? Motivated by chan culture? It's because they've been increasingly raised by the internet and as such have developed one of the key factors in cluster B personality formation. These people have no consistent sense of self as it's all dictated by a screen. That in of itself is a serious mental issue. And I've had experience with plenty of cluster Bs and lemme tell you, rapid identity change does impact behaviour dramatically. These people are all completely raging and nihilistic because without that sense of self there is no sense of tomorrow, no sense of today, and no sense of yesterday. You cannot direct your actions towards anything good because you have no reference point. It is not good.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Their parents' have left them to the internet and these kids have become bonded to the screen. Notice how the younger they go the more of them there are? Motivated by chan culture? It's because they've been increasingly raised by the internet and as such have developed one of the key factors in cluster B personality formation.
This is a form of trauma, just like how personality disorders arise from inconsistent parental behaviour. Trauma is a very complex process, encompassing all experiences or processes that deviate development from an adaptive pattern.

I find it's actually easiest to view it on a wider systemic level:
Society itself as an abused child, with trauma arising from current events, technology, political movement etc., and power structures/elites as the abusers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3373

This is a form of trauma, just like how personality disorders arise from inconsistent parental behaviour. Trauma is a very complex process, encompassing all experiences or processes that deviate development from an adaptive pattern.

I find it's actually easiest to view it on a wider systemic level:
Society itself as an abused child, with trauma arising from current events, technology, political movement etc., and power structures/elites as the abusers.
I certainly agree that it is a form of trauma but I think this is more a natural formation rather than a scheme by the elites. The industrial revolution began this process and it will continue to get worse unless the technology itself is tackled.

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I certainly agree that it is a form of trauma but I think this is more a natural formation rather than a scheme by the elites. The industrial revolution began this process and it will continue to get worse unless the technology itself is tackled.
I never specified it was intentional, though it is in part. People have natural tendencies, one of which is to control and exploit. Opportunities that have arisen as a result of wider trends in society are seized by those with the resources to do so.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
New shooting, thoughts?

Heres a site with pictures and videos, most mainstream news isn't showing any
Damn bruh, Michael Jackson came back from the dead just to shoot people? Smh what has the world come to?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards