Making Vaporwave???

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Any one have a preferred program to make vaporwave? Anything specific? Is there any programs anyone recommends on using to make some chill ass music? Post below!

Virtual Cafe Awards

StarLiner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
starliner1.bandcamp.com
I use FL studio everytime to make vaporwave. It's very simple to make it even with native plugins,and chopping samples is very easy :D I tried Audacity because of the better reverb effect,but i can't understand how it works :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
StarLiner said:
I use FL studio everytime to make vaporwave. It's very simple to make it even with native plugins,and chopping samples is very easy :D I tried Audacity because of the better reverb effect,but i can't understand how it works :D

What about Logic x pro, I got it from a torrent website but I have trouble with the interface. Is FL similar to Logic? or is it simpler?

Virtual Cafe Awards

StarLiner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
starliner1.bandcamp.com
FL's interface is simpler. I only know Logic Pro from videos. :D I only tried Ableton and FL,but i think FL is the simplest of all

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
StarLiner said:
FL's interface is simpler. I only know Logic Pro from videos. :D I only tried Ableton and FL,but i think FL is the simplest of all
What's Ableton? i never heard of that software.
Do you have any links to your music?

Virtual Cafe Awards

StarLiner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
starliner1.bandcamp.com
IlluminatiPirate said:
StarLiner said:

Ableton is an audio workstation like Logic Pro or FL. And here's my music: https://starliner1.bandcamp.com/ Give it a listen! :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

LuxuryBland

Your Favorite Internet Dad!
Reaction score
Awards
IlluminatiPirate said:
StarLiner said:

One thing I like about Ableton compared to FL is that you aren't locked into one time sig per project, you can flip back and forth. It's way easier for me to think that way compared to counting out individual beats.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
StarLiner said:
IlluminatiPirate said:
StarLiner said:

Ableton is an audio workstation like Logic Pro or FL. And here's my music: https://starliner1.bandcamp.com/ Give it a listen! :D
Hey bro, Pangea was a great listen! I really liked Soft Light it gives me that satisfied with my life kinda feel

Virtual Cafe Awards

StarLiner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
starliner1.bandcamp.com
IlluminatiPirate said:
StarLiner said:
IlluminatiPirate said:
StarLiner said:

Hey bro, Pangea was a great listen! I really liked Soft Light it gives me that satisfied with my life kinda feel

I'm glad you like it! :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
90% of my production time is spent on a sp404, and then getting everything leveled out in ableton. I find that my workflow goes a lot better if i'm hands on with hardware, as opposed to a DAW.

Virtual Cafe Awards

M-14_chan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I've always used Audacity. It's very simple, VERY basic, but I've always felt that the restrictions it puts on the artist/producer/sampler are beneficial. Like the old Sunset Corp / Lopatin stuff -- incredibly not-complex, but emphasizing the sample. Doesn't leave much room for 'original' compositions, but I've always appreciated that Vaporwave began and continues to have a solely-sampled aspect to it.

Audacity is also great for 'getting into' / beginning Vaporwave production because of the simplicity.

Hope this helps!

LuxuryBland

Your Favorite Internet Dad!
Reaction score
Awards
M-14_chan said:
I've always used Audacity. It's very simple, VERY basic, but I've always felt that the restrictions it puts on the artist/producer/sampler are beneficial. Like the old Sunset Corp / Lopatin stuff -- incredibly not-complex, but emphasizing the sample. Doesn't leave much room for 'original' compositions, but I've always appreciated that Vaporwave began and continues to have a solely-sampled aspect to it.

Audacity is also great for 'getting into' / beginning Vaporwave production because of the simplicity.

Hope this helps!

I may give this a try for my next track... I really like stuff that emphasizes the sample, and I think putting myself in that box of just relying on audio manipulation rather than thinking fx or automation clips will save me would be beneficial...

Virtual Cafe Awards

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
audacity is a pretty powerful tool in it's own right, but a bit of a pain in the ass when organizing the samples inside of it. outside of sample manipulation, the workflow is a bit convoluted, for me at least.

Virtual Cafe Awards

M-14_chan

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
reQverb said:
audacity is a pretty powerful tool in it's own right, but a bit of a pain in the ass when organizing the samples inside of it. outside of sample manipulation, the workflow is a bit convoluted, for me at least.

That is true, it can be clunky and tedious with getting the sample right and organizing it. But on the bright side, it is FREE. And that makes up for the tedium for me at least.

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
M-14_chan said:
That is true, it can be clunky and tedious with getting the sample right and organizing it. But on the bright side, it is FREE. And that makes up for the tedium for me at least.

Free is definitely a plus, i'll give you that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vapormax0

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Website
vvvv.bandcamp.com
I'd recommend ableton, it looks intimidating at first but once you work your way around it it's amazing. Worth the time.
But whatever suits the individual.

Here's a link to my stuff, very minimal editing done to it.

https://vvvv.bandcamp.com/album/vapormax