Mallsoft and malls

NanoraaJuice

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wish they made college campuses like, good aesthetically instead of only looking like that school in Silent Hill that's based on Kindergarten Cop but worse
The college I was checking out had a nice campus but It's all usually outdoorsy shit I wouldn't mind a nice beautiful interior campus.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

NanoraaJuice

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah I think a lot of colleges have beautiful outside sections to their campuses, like seasonal plants and big yard areas people can hang out in, but the insides are usually pretty ugly.
It was like going back to high school all over again...

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa
I know its been said a million times before but its a shame all these malls are closing. even with standalone retail stores like Kmart and Sears, I hated being dragged around but it was all so colorful and bright to me back then, and even still, if I can find on thats still open, I feel a lot of it again going in there and just messing around. I miss hanging out in the mall with my friends and hitting up the local hot topic for their new selection of band tees with that buttery-sweet smell in the air. they have to keep some of these run down malls as like historical sites or some shit.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Preceding shopping malls, you had the Paris arcades, which was the subject of the work Walter Benjamin was busy w/ when he died. I haven't read it myself, but this intensive cataloguing & trying to discern the mechanics of these commerce-zones would probably be of interest to anyone into this topic. Obviously an era earlier than our traditional "shopping mall" but that type of venue has in its DNA in what Benjamin was writing about.

Virtual Cafe Awards