Mallsoft General

vaportrash316

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
[size=14pt]Thread is for the discussion of Mallsoft, a subgenre of vaporwave that focuses on the nostalgic aspect of shopping malls. Think of 猫 シ Corp's "Palm Mall"
Share/review music, discuss artists, and be respectful :p
[/size]

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
Definitely my favorite mallsoft album :

https://groceries-store.bandcamp.com/album/housewares

I've got this one on cassette and love playing it for some laid back listening.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
While I like the melodic and rythmic side of vaporwave more, I often play mallsoft and its close relative Officesoft in the background. as someone infinitively more eloquent than me (alcool68) said, Mallsoft and other ambient vaporwave works "fill the room" instead of being listened to as regular vaporwave. There is something strangely comforting to me about having the familiar hubbub in the background while working.
The nice thing about officesoft is that it not just compliments what you're doing in the meantime, it transforms your experience into something vaporwavey. With officesoft I'm not just doing my job, I'm REDEFINING THE WORKPLACE.
One of my most surreal Vaporwave experiences was listening to a Corp track, FORUM, while being inside the newly renovated Hoogh Catherijne mall in the Netherlands. It gave that hard to describe feeling good vaporwave tends to evoke: overwhelming and conflicting feelings of rootedness, resentment, consumerist warmth, nostalgica and utter grief for a stolen future.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mars Mall

newgene MCMXCIX

Modern Museum (Vaporwave Rip)​

newgene MCMXCIX

Mom forgot you in shop...​

newgene MCMXCIX

Pool is closed.MP3​

newgene MCMXCIX

Virtual Cafe Awards