May 2021 Music Artist Thread

• Thread starter admin
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 9618 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone, here's the May artist's/producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work. Just post your current projects! Have Fun!

:jBrew: Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

:jBrew: If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

:jBrew: Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2006

soundcloud.com/philosphy-temple/30a inspired by youtube.com/watch?v=T5oKg-_GSzw&t=1076s

xwksh

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Hi, I've recenly found out about this forum and i think it's only fitting to post my debut album here.
I've been producing music for like three years now and finally decided to put out a legit album.
The biggest influences behind it are probably Boards of Canada, Gorillaz and George Clanton.
It's a mix of mostly original material, some acapellas and obscure youtube samples.
It would mean a lot if any of you would check it out. It's not exactly classic vaporwave or future funk but I think
you'll dig it.
Thanks for reading :)
xwksh
https://linktr.ee/xwksh
okladka.pngkwiatek.pngkolaz lewo od okladki.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
My latest release. artwork is nsfw, or 18+, so I hid it behind the spoiler

A nice blend of vaporwave, synthwave, rock and a bit o' jazz fusion. check out this shining review!

"is pretty good I guess"
-Memoryhead's mom

View: https://memoryhead.bandcamp.com/album/splash

うわー、あなたの仕事は大きく進化しています。このアルバムは、ビッグミリオンやビキニシーズンとは非常に異なる雰囲気を持っており、焦点が絞られて鮮明です。頻繁にポップアップするロッキングギターのリフが大好きです

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

うわー、あなたの仕事は大きく進化しています。このアルバムは、ビッグミリオンやビキニシーズンとは非常に異なる雰囲気を持っており、焦点が絞られて鮮明です。頻繁にポップアップするロッキングギターのリフが大好きです
I appreciate the kind words, I'm glad you like it

guitar is my first love, and I had put in years on guitar before I ever touched a synth

I am competent at least with keys and synths, but guitar is always my first home

I'm always trying to figure out cool ways to mix synth music (vaporwave included) with guitar. I feel guitar is largely missing from a lot of VW and synth music so I figure "why not"?

gogi93

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The first EP I ever made was just re-released and doubled in length with 2 awesome remixes by Occasionally Tapes! :B

View: https://occasionallytapes.bandcamp.com/album/v-s-a

Remixes sound great, the VSA remix is pretty hardcore!

My latest release. artwork is nsfw, or 18+, so I hid it behind the spoiler

A nice blend of vaporwave, synthwave, rock and a bit o' jazz fusion. check out this shining review!

"is pretty good I guess"
-Memoryhead's mom

View: https://memoryhead.bandcamp.com/album/splash

Nice variety on this EP. Despite drawing from a wide range of influences that don't always speak nicely to each other, I really like the atmosphere you've created with the entire album, and I think it works! There's a cohesive vibe that gives this album a good sense of identity. The detailed imaging and intimacy of the mixes really gives a sophisticated feeling. And one final observation, in my opinion you knew when to stop; that's intended as a positive, even if it doesn't sound like it lol. I think this is a good length of album for the concept, and it stands as a nice cogent statement because of that.
Very evocative! I feel bad listening to this on my studio monitors, I should be listening to it on my dad's antique radio on a rainy weekday evening. One thing I noticed is the second last track is quite a bit louder than the others, it might have been nice if it was the same volume more or less.

Hi, I've recenly found out about this forum and i think it's only fitting to post my debut album here.
I've been producing music for like three years now and finally decided to put out a legit album.
The biggest influences behind it are probably Boards of Canada, Gorillaz and George Clanton.
It's a mix of mostly original material, some acapellas and obscure youtube samples.
It would mean a lot if any of you would check it out. It's not exactly classic vaporwave or future funk but I think
you'll dig it.
xwksh
View attachment 2853View attachment 2854View attachment 2855
I don't think I ever planned on hearing Rihanna through a vocoder, but here we are! Great sampling, really interesting ideas, good musical development throughout. I think the drum kits used throughout really define the album and give it character; personally I feel like they're a bit unconventional for vaporwave, but...I dunno, I think it works. Admittedly there were times where I thought it sounded a bit like dry slushwave, and personally I feel it could really get to the next level with more verb, but that's just me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Nice variety on this EP. Despite drawing from a wide range of influences that don't always speak nicely to each other, I really like the atmosphere you've created with the entire album, and I think it works! There's a cohesive vibe that gives this album a good sense of identity. The detailed imaging and intimacy of the mixes really gives a sophisticated feeling. And one final observation, in my opinion you knew when to stop; that's intended as a positive, even if it doesn't sound like it lol. I think this is a good length of album for the concept, and it stands as a nice cogent statement because of that.

This is such an interesting observation you've made and here's why

the songs sound cohesive because I wrote and laid down the sketches for these songs all in a very short time. it is possible that I laid the basic/demo tracks for these songs on the same day. The album is short because that was all the songs I wrote that day.

when inspiration hits, I sit down and I just sketch all the ideas out, one after the other. some days I'm "given" 5 songs, some days 6, sometimes 10, sometimes 2 or whatever.

those bits of inspiration that come from on-high...all of that on a given day becomes a release. my previous release was the same way.

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
you'll dig it.
xwksh
View attachment 2853View attachment 2854View attachment 2855
I love this album, thank you for sharing. My credit card doesn't let me pay small amounts of international currency, but I'll be buying it for sure when I fix the issue.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
I am brainstorming some tracks for a new EP using the chinese toy phone samples, here's a prototype

テクノロジーからの音は良い選択です。私は定期的にコンピューターの起動音をサンプリングしていますが、中国からの優れたテクノロジーノイズがたくさんあります

Virtual Cafe Awards
テクノロジーからの音は良い選択です。私は定期的にコンピューターの起動音をサンプリングしていますが、中国からの優れたテクノロジーノイズがたくさんあります

this is what I am gonna sample through multiple tracks. This one just happens to use Win95-XP sounds for the instruments.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
多くの中国の技術は中国のファイアウォールとすべてで神秘的です

Virtual Cafe Awards

paradox

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
new double ep on my bandcamp! side a is called "pastlife": it's my attempt to mush-up dark academia and vaporwave; side b is called "dreamcast": it's an experiment, all this side was made in only a day. what's your thoughts?
paradoxproductions.bandcamp.com/album/pastlife-dreamcast

this is the extended version of the eps. on my youtube you can find the new songs:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktJZ7Lf2r_M

それはエイリアンのマクドナルドですよね?私は数年前にそこにいました、それは本当にクールでした。このアルバムは、中規模の町の隣の高速道路で夜遅くまで食事をしている感覚を反映しています。

Virtual Cafe Awards

paradox

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
それはエイリアンのマクドナルドですよね?私は数年前にそこにいました、それは本当にクールでした。このアルバムは、中規模の町の隣の高速道路で夜遅くまで食事をしている感覚を反映しています。
yes, it is. what a wonderful structure! i hope to visit it in the future :D. Thank you for the comment!

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.