Maybe we SHOULD let the internet die

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
I know, I know, here comes the contrarian shaking his phallic reference around a place where people are mindstorming ways to make the internet less >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, so what's the big idea? Let me explain:

At the beginning were the nerds, maybe you nerds were there, but thing is, these people weren't of this world, in the alien way. They were the underdogs, probably still white middle class hippies, but stating that they didn't have no friends was wrong. they had and they worked together, so the nerds and the furries-

WHAT, THE FURRIES? Now that was a surprise, no one would expect 50 furries or so decide wether the internet is active today or not (I wish It were a meme), and they were both some peripheral bastards, that in refusing to commune with the true microcosm, they built their own, and in doing so they made a womb and hella cash, enough to get the government to see what this was about (DARPANET).

Some time later the guy who psyopped the 60s into existance died, not before announcing that these people were building the net as an escape to the true world, sort of like an Evil Plato who saw the world and made a cave to hide from the sun.

So now we're here, where the impossibly rich Zucc could live the boats, hookers and cocaine lifestyle until his grandchildren got laid prefers to make you attend VR Zoom meetings, and do you want to?

Hell no, and I don't like the internet as it is, and I can't see any model where it isn't a mockery of true socialization, so Y'know, go outside or something

Virtual Cafe Awards

inverse_square_matrix

Citizen of the Internet
Reaction score
Awards
Website
inversesquarematrix.neocities.org
I mean, I'm already "forced" to do a lot of things I don't want to in my job, adding VR to that wouldn't make it that much worse.
At least we can still host our own stuff and point one IP to the other to make things go blip boop.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't see how the industrial revolution has anything to do with the internet. They are two very different technological eras. I think the industrial revolution mightve been steam powered.

Still though, unless you live in like North Korea or China, or some other repressive shithole where you can't leave without permission you are more than welcome to unplug from the net and saunter off to the woods. Let me know how that works out via postal mail you Neo-Luddite. Hopefully a bear doesn't bite your head off.

The problem is that you are still on the normie side of the internet. Places that are the technological equivalent of times square(eastern dump), mixed with hollywood(western dump), and they both were mixed with a truck stop bathroom in Gary Indiana that hasn't been cleaned in a few years.

Virtual Cafe Awards