Microsoft Acquires Activison/Blizzard

cynthiune

DM me cool y2k / tiled desktop wallpapers
Reaction score
Awards
This is one of the most out of left field things I have ever seen.
I didn't even know this was in the cards for them to do.
Yeah this is what is so insane. I thought Activision was GIGANTIC and wasn't really an entity that could be bought out, but holy shit the consolidation of the industry is getting eerie. I've been playing WoW for 15+ years. Haven't played official Blizzard servers in ~2 years though, strictly vanilla wow private servers now. The last few years have been a jarring ride to say the least. It's devastating slowly watching something I cared so much about (WoW) be completely and utterly incinerated. I know its tempting for anyone to shit on the WoW player "OMEGALUL WOW? WHO PLAYS WOW ANYMORE" But it's been a very very important part of my childhood, teen years, and even adulthood.
Very sad about all of this. :/

Edit: I can't really go full doomer on this. I don't think things at Activision/Blizzard could have been ANY worse, so I guess literally anything could have been better than what we had. This could very well be an amazing thing, though I fucking HATE how the giant corporations are swallowing everybody.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jared

יָרֶד
Reaction score
Awards
Website
xertech.neocities.org

View: https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1483431175041347584?s=20

What the fuck?

I didn't even know this was in the cards for them to do.

This is seriously becoming concerning from an industry consolidation standpoint, and a concerning number of people don't seem to care.

As long as they can continue to rent more games (not own) through a subscription service (GamePass) they'll be complacent.

Microsoft has been the Disney of the gaming industry for the past decade. AAA gaming is dead anyway shit like halo infinite , cod vanguard, bf 2048 is proof of this. Indiechads continue to rise up.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Depends if they can generate 70 billion in the next 10 years with CoD alone...

It's not just about the sales COD (and all the other IP) can generate, but the fact that they can choose to keep it off competing platforms.

Virtual Cafe Awards