Most Believable Cryptid?

• Thread starter mast
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 4640 times.

Which cryptid(s) do you believe are the most likely to be real? I thought about making a poll but there are far too many cryptids(and many I've never heard of).

I feel like I'm cheating by saying whatever cryptids are said to live in the sea are the most likely to me. I'd prefer Mothman to be real, though.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
I think that there is a bit of truth to most of them... apart from your standard Yeti types.. Wendigo's and Chupacabra's seem legit and seem have the best eye witness accounts. So many reports of large, horned beasts in mountainous regions. I don't think they are fully physical beings though and more like bleeds from other dimensions. I believe the few areas on earth that are not exposed to (much) radio frequencies are hotspots for multi-dimensional encounters.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sultana

⌰⍜⍙ ⏁⟟⟒⍀ ⏃⌰⟟⟒⋏
Reaction score
Awards
For me its skinwalkers.
The closest person I've heard about coming in contact with them is the guy that gave me driving lessons years ago.
He told me that when he was a kid, he used to go to his aunt's ranch all the time, in the outskirts of the city.
He would wake up in the middle of the night to his aunts rapid footsteps around the house.
One night he woke up and confronted her, and while his aunt was running for the door to the back of the house, my driving instructor said that she had a shotgun on her, and was pointing outside.
When he asked what she was doing, she responded with "Theres wolfs that come here and pick up the sheep like humans and walk away."
Essentially the wolfs came to her ranch, and in a human manner, picked up the livestock.
It should be mentioned that the whole area has the whole "Native American" vibe to it.
(pic unrelated)

Attachments

• 1617849769637.jpeg
    1617849769637.jpeg
    6.7 KB · Views: 94
Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
For me its skinwalkers.
The closest person I've heard about coming in contact with them is the guy that gave me driving lessons years ago.
He told me that when he was a kid, he used to go to his aunt's ranch all the time, in the outskirts of the city.
He would wake up in the middle of the night to his aunts rapid footsteps around the house.
One night he woke up and confronted her, and while his aunt was running for the door to the back of the house, my driving instructor said that she had a shotgun on her, and was pointing outside.
When he asked what she was doing, she responded with "Theres wolfs that come here and pick up the sheep like humans and walk away."
Essentially the wolfs came to her ranch, and in a human manner, picked up the livestock.
It should be mentioned that the whole area has the whole "Native American" vibe to it.
(pic unrelated)
why was this picture put in here lol i'm curious

Virtual Cafe Awards
For me its skinwalkers.
(pic unrelated)
Spoopy... the pic I mean

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I'd say the Kraken is probably the most "realistic" cryptid, in the sense that giant squid are already real animals, so it isn't completely impossible for there to be an even larger variant (whether living or extinct) we haven't discovered yet due to our limited plumbing of the ocean's depths.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i like the idea of black carpet, just some huge jellyfish biomass that is at bottom of the sea that just eats everything that is going into the depths, i even think that it is realistically possible.
Some siphonophores get pretty big, so I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
what is going on
so to clarify sulatana's obscure image posting, i believe that the first picture depicts a woman who goes by the name of Christine Gerbstadt, is a certified dietician and a practicing physician, and the second image of a woman is a woman who has died of suicide in 2012, and goes by the name of Lesley Zilberstein. Pretty weird stuff sultana

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i like the idea of black carpet, just some huge jellyfish biomass that is at bottom of the sea that just eats everything that is going into the depths, i even think that it is realistically possible.
Some siphonophores get pretty big, so I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility.
I also found some interesting articles from about 10 years ago about a massive microbial mat roughly the size of Greece discovered at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of South America. Your carpet exists, just in bacterial form. I imagine anything larger than microbial life would be inefficient for consuming nothing but detritus that slowly drifts down from above.

Virtual Cafe Awards

sicsicksicks

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'd have to say bigfoot/sasquatch. I live right next to the mountainous woods and there are indeed very hard to reach untouched places up in the mountains where few humans have traveled. Its not impossible that there are species living there that have not been definitively discovered especially if they actively avoid humans.

The one that I want to be real the most is Ogopogo though. Its like our Nessie. Lives in Okanagan lake and there is a constant stream of rumours of sightings and grainy footage of "sightings" as well as people who go there hoping theyll see it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I also found some interesting articles from about 10 years ago about a massive microbial mat roughly the size of Greece discovered at the bottom of the ocean off the coast of South America. Your carpet exists, just in bacterial form. I imagine anything larger than microbial life would be inefficient for consuming nothing but detritus that slowly drifts down from above.

There's a creature called The Vampire Squid From Hell that lives very far in the bottom of the ocean and only consumes detritus that slowly drifts from above. We didn't know how it fed until very recently. It's also not a vampire or a squid, it has its own order that is a sister taxon to all other octopuses. They're considered a phylogenetic relict but I don't know exactly what they're the precursor to in an evolutionary line, I guess maybe octopuses? There's fossils of them even though they currently swim in and occupy the ocean.

The "Diet" section here explains how it fishes for trash, they also include its size and stuff.

Attachments

• vampire squid.jpg
    vampire squid.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 78
  • b3MiT688FzMoMLrPNWhEhY-480-80.jpg
    b3MiT688FzMoMLrPNWhEhY-480-80.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 75
  • vampire squid fossil.jpg
    vampire squid fossil.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 80

Deleted member 2040

Siphonophores can get really weird, also Ctenophores get really psychedelic!

Kaleidoscopic ctenophora.jpg

Ctenophora.jpg

Also diatoms and radiolarans are chimerical when seen under a microscope. I love the old zoological illustrations of them.

radiolarian illustration.jpg

radiolarians.jpg

There are so many beautiful organisms that are either dying at alarming rates or are inaccessible to ordinary people, but there's always ways to cultivate appreciation for them!

Deleted member 2040

Where else will I dispose my car batteries?
Please consult the guide for the most efficient disposal strategy, as a matter of fact, when you open up the car battery, it's got some tasty juices inside just to get you excited for what's next! Think of it as a treat from the manufacturer just for you! Just make sure to throw in some concentrated Sodium Hydroxide before you get to work!

Kommando

Buibol 99
Reaction score
Awards
Please consult the guide for the most efficient disposal strategy, as a matter of fact, when you open up the car battery, it's got some tasty juices inside just to get you excited for what's next! Think of it as a treat from the manufacturer just for you! Just make sure to throw in some concentrated Sodium Hydroxide before you get to work!
Not thirsty, lad. Don't think I'll be drinking any time soon either.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Not thirsty, lad. Don't think I'll be drinking any time soon either.
It's only water after the two combine, a-and waters good for you! If you're feeling in the mood for something sweet buy Bai and bye bye thirst!