Mr. Beast Curing 1000 people of blindness is an example of the system working.

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Craige

Imperator
Reaction score
Awards
what do you expect from mr beast lol his content is primarily for children... do you look at childrens tv and also think the same thing??
what would mr beast with a message even look like?
"I SURVIVED THIS POST MODERN HELLSCAPE FOR 50 HOURS" (thumbnail is him being assaulted by a police officer at a BLM rally with a red circle around his insanely airbrushed face)

no hes a legend for eating cakes made out of hair & vomit
there's a saturated, exaggerated photo of one of his friends being violently beaten by a group of cops

Craige

Imperator
Reaction score
Awards
i would say neither understandings of this post point towards a system working or working as intended. in terms of youtube, no, the platform was not intended to incentivize philanthropy. it was intended to be a place to post videos for fun. in terms of a society working, philanthropy being so prominent and noticeable is a sign of a broken society if anything. if the procedures to restore people's vision exists and it's safe and practical, there is no reason that anyone should remain blind besides personal choice or the procedure not working on them.

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Tbh I dislike him a lot lmao. His stupid Thumbnails, his Hamster face, his videos which are clearly aimed at adhd children and if not, helps developing it I'm certain. He always spends ridiculous amounts of money on weird stuff or challenges in his videos. I wonder where this money is coming from. Because even if you have views like he does, ad money wont be enough to spend several million dollars every week. Most must be sponsored money.

Or at least a creative way to avoid taxes.
But no, what I dislike most about him, is that he is the epitomy of a good goy. His videos are harmless, non provocative, he discusses no greater topics, he doesnt use his brand and ridiculous reach to bring across a message. Its just good goy content. Its a bit like the "give a man a fish and he will eat a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat a lifetime" kinda thing. I dont even need to watch that video ( and I didnt) to know he doesnt even take 30 seconds to talk about how fugked up the US healthcare system is and that it does need to change. I just know it. Because then he would step on some people. He would threaten the current order and its benefactors. You like to tell me he isn't like them. But why doesn't he still take a moment to talk "real talk". This must mean he is a benefactor himself. Even pewdiepie shit on the system during his haydays. Filthy Frank became a legend because he shit on the system in a sarcastic ironic tone, but if you have more than 80IQ you saw through it. But not Ms Beast.

This is why I dislike him
I dunno, not everything positive needs to have some sort of cause or message behind it. If that were the case, then sincerity would cease to exist. I think the fact that he didn't mention any of this makes the video more sincere in nature because it's not trying too hard to be anything other than exactly what it is. If he were to spend a few minutes talking about these issues, then fine. But then how do we know that some leftist propaganda machine didn't line his pockets to make the video in the first place? I think things like this are best taken at face value. Mr Beast isn't a political activist, he's a philanthropist. Pretending he's anything else would take away from what he's doing imo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

power gem

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
i thought Mr Beast and LA Beast were the same person until a few days ago, disappointed that la beast isn't curing blindness with the money he made from eating 20 hotdogs whole

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
That dude aint half bad for a political youtuber
Yup, by far. I may disagree on some points with him but generally he has very good analysis and covers a wide range of topics. He also places himself outside the left vs. right battleground so he finds good arguments for and against both instead of displaying unconditional partisanship for one side no matter how retarded their takes are.

Virtual Cafe Awards

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Yup, by far. I may disagree on some points with him but generally he has very good analysis and covers a wide range of topics. He also places himself outside the left vs. right battleground so he finds good arguments for and against both instead of displaying unconditional partisanship for one side no matter how retarded their takes are.
Shortfatotaku also has a really fun gaming channel.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Shortfatotaku also has a really fun gaming channel.

I gave it a shot and it's not bad but there it's just more gaming content like thousands of other do it but his political videos are exceptional so I never really cared much about his gaming content.

But seriously fuck the weekly sip with that smurf voiced co host. Clicked once, heard """her""" talk for 10 seconds with that awful voice modulator and nasal pitch and then never again. SFO's best with his focused theoretical videos.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Gotta love this new "controversy" of Mr Beast buying up homes to house people while the same media turns a blind eye to speculative BlackStone investors/profiteers

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Where does MrBeast get his money from, anyway? Cash prizes, sports cars, private jets, eye surgeries, now an entire neighborhood? It can't all be from ad revenue.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Where does MrBeast get his money from, anyway? Cash prizes, sports cars, private jets, eye surgeries, now an entire neighborhood? It can't all be from ad revenue.
Well he has some brand deals like that fast food burger place. YouTube promotes him hard, not unfathomable to think they pay him a little extra too.

Virtual Cafe Awards