Music Collecting General

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Thought I'd make this thread so users on here can share their music collections as though non-music threads seem more popular on here, this is a music forum at heart and sharing what we have acquired over the years is a good way of exemplifying that.

Vinyls, CDs, cassettes, etc, are all allowed and sharing advice on how to get cheap albums, and the stories behind albums is encouraged.

Here is my collection as of 22/01/2022. Got some new city pop on the way so photos won't be accurate as of late next month, will do an update in half a year's time perhaps.
20220122_121633.jpg

City Pop + Software Digital Dance (it's German but popular in City Pop circles)
20220122_121304.jpg

Jazz music, as you can tell I'm a big Rippingtons fan.
20220122_121205-min.jpg

Bossa Nova
20220122_121453.jpg

Metal

Virtual Cafe Awards

Thereal

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't have any cool CDs atm but I do have some neat vinyl records and cassettes. Here's my ween collection. I got pretty good deals on most of em but Pure Guava cost me like $90. Worth it though, cuz now I have both of their lo-fi albums.
weenr.jpg

Here are my non ween albums. I found all of these at antique stores except for the Hitch Hikers one.
misc.jpg

I don't have many cassettes either, but I love them dearly. The Shrek one makes me chuckle every time I see it.
cassettes.jpg

I haven't bought any physical music in a long time, but I might order a CD tonight just to get started.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Fuck you, I will collect aesthetically pleasing albums, I will play physical discs on my stereo, I will store my favourite music on my shelf and not on a soulless SSD.
That's right. SSDs are lame and an awful format for long-term storage. That's why you need a Hard Drive. Rips can also be aesthetically pleasing if you download high-quality ones. Printing your own bootlegs copies of albums you like the most is way more satisfying than booying a lot of random stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
That's right. SSDs are lame and an awful format for long-term storage. That's why you need a Hard Drive. Rips can also be aesthetically pleasing if you download high-quality ones. Printing your own bootlegs copies of albums you like the most is way more satisfying than booying a lot of random stuff.
Actually you know what, disappear for another month, I do not like your opinion (agree on the SSD part tho)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Actually you know what, disappear for another month, I do not like your opinion (agree on the SSD part tho)
Don't get angeru, I can share with you my collection of FLAC baroque music if you want. For one, here in the south american lands you won't find LPs that easy and most are pretty expensive. My method is superior because it was developed for harsher conditions. What matters is the sounds, not the physical format to consoom.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Don't get angeru, I can share with you my collection of FLAC baroque music if you want. For one, here in the south american lands you won't find LPs that easy and most are pretty expensive. My method is superior because it was developed for harsher conditions. What matters is the sounds, not the physical format to consoom.
Yeah fair enough, South America do be rough

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

Heyyyyyy - I got postables for this. I been collecting records for a grip now. Have like, 400ish on me, and the rest in storage. Too much to try and photo, and way disorganized right now, but here's a recent one I got xmas. And for shits in giggles, my CDs. I had waaaaaay more of these that got lost/fucked up/sold over the years. But a few good ones remain.
20220123_174307.jpg20220123_174145.jpg

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Redpill me on casette collecting
Easy and cool way to support an artist. Most individual tapes run under $15. Takes up very little space. Some artists include exclusive tracks on tape only. Often come with goodies :).

Sound quality is what you'd expect, more or less (I only have a small boombox and a bootleg Walkman sport to listen on; would probably sound better if I had an actual stereo setup).

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Agora Bros.... I don't feel so good...
Screenshot_20220315-151431_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220315-151205_Instagram.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards