Musk's takeover of Twitter official

W1NTER

Ephemeral Cosmic Interloper
Reaction score
Awards
Esteemed Technoking Elon Musk has officially taken over Twitter, what do you all think will happen now?
1666918530494.png

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-twitter-reach-agreement-to-close-acquisition-deal-2022-10

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Just hope this deal doesn't end up in the most obnoxious Twitter users making an exodus and shitting up the more niche corners of the internet. One of the reasons Twitter is so terrible now is because Tumblr went through a similar high profile buy out that scattered those types of people. Although I doubt they'd completely abandon their digital pedestals/dopamine fix like that.

Personally I still have no interest coming back to Twitter and I don't think it's going to be as great under Musk as some are hoping. Memes might be allowed to get a little spicy again but I'm not even sure if garbage like those "fact check" alerts will be going away.

Virtual Cafe Awards

W1NTER

Ephemeral Cosmic Interloper
Reaction score
Awards
Just hope this deal doesn't end up in the most obnoxious Twitter users making an exodus and shitting up the more niche corners of the internet. One of the reasons Twitter is so terrible now is because Tumblr went through a similar high profile buy out that scattered those types of people. Although I doubt they'd completely abandon their digital pedestals/dopamine fix like that.

Personally I still have no interest coming back to Twitter and I don't think it's going to be as great under Musk as some are hoping. Memes might be allowed to get a little spicy again but I'm not even sure if garbage like those "fact check" alerts will be going away.
I can see why people are not that optimistic about Musk taking charge, I can definitely predict the status quo to be maintained yet at the same time Elon Musk is a pretty eccentric guy so he might do some changes that could be beneficial

Virtual Cafe Awards

cuneicorn

on the spectrum of love
Reaction score
Awards
somehow I doubt that people like alex jones and andrew anglin will ever be allowed back on the platform but we'll see. certainly trump but would he even want to now that he's invested in his own platform? in any case I doubt the quality of the discourse is going to improve. I'm just looking forward to the right being accepted in the public discourse again somewhere outside of fox news

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
the people who think musk is the "based chad" who will "save twitter" are delusional
and the people who think it's some sort of left wing bastion of censorship that squashes any right wing sentiments are just as delusional and have clearly not used the site that much

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In all honesty, I don't know what will happen. If he wanted to do good, he should just close the site down and destroy the hardware. After that line up the staff to a wall.

If there was no Twitter, Discord and >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk maybe the world could began to heal a little.

the people who think musk is the "based chad" who will "save twitter" are delusional
and the people who think it's some sort of left wing bastion of censorship that squashes any right wing sentiments are just as delusional and have clearly not used the site that much
People think it's a left wing partisan site because a republican sitting American president was banned. Setting aside for a moment the semantics of how people are conflating liberalism and leftism constantly, I don't blame the average, non-terminally online person for reaching that conclusion.

People like me that are on the internet all the time really have no excuse though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Imagine seeing a random sample of twenty twitter profiles and not thinking it's an ultra liberal sexual degenerate hellhole of begging, wrongthink witchhunters.

Back on topic, I don't think Elon is going to "save Twitter" and the fact that Trump's account is still banned is a big red flag. Also of note is that he was forced to purchase it after speculating he would - which was a big throwback to every time he pumped a cryptocoin by mentioning it, or when he started the boring project and crashed it into the ground to prevent the city from implementing public transport right before he launched a new electric car. Or when he called that cave diver a "pedo guy" when he wouldn't take his clunky, dangerous cave-rescue tech into the cave.

On the surface Elon seems like our saviour. In reality he's not really delivered on anything other than a car which locks its doors when it runs out of battery and catches fire.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Okay, I thought all you chumps were for freedom, and decentralization of the web. To those of you who are for that, and also think this has the potential to be a good thing, I ask: how in the everloving fuck is the RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD, in other words, THE MOST LITERAL PERSONAGE OF THE STATUS QUO AND THE OWNER CLASS, taking over one of the biggest websites on the net where [way too many uninformed] people get their news a good thing?

Were you also cheering when Bezos bought whatever neolib shitnews he bought? Do you think Bloomberg is a good unbiased fReE source? Were you excited for the awesome new world of Zuckerbergs Metaverse?

People worshipping Elon Musk is the cuckoldry of Bill Gates Foundation loving fags dialed up to eleven, and arguably even worse considering that Musk doesn't even pretend to virtue signal towards the concept of helping humanity, he just says what he wants and thinks it'll help everybody.

There are no good m/billionaires. There is no such thing as a "leftist" m/billionaire. They are ALL worthless dogs making more money than any of us could imagine for doing things more harmful and sociopathic than any of us could ever manage ourselves. They are sick. They are problematic. They should, and likely one day WILL all be put down.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
Okay, I thought all you chumps were for freedom, and decentralization of the web. To those of you who are for that, and also think this has the potential to be a good thing, I ask: how in the everloving fuck is the RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD, in other words, THE MOST LITERAL PERSONAGE OF THE STATUS QUO AND THE OWNER CLASS, taking over one of the biggest websites on the net where [way too many uninformed] people get their news a good thing?

Were you also cheering when Bezos bought whatever neolib shitnews he bought? Do you think Bloomberg is a good unbiased fReE source? Were you excited for the awesome new world of Zuckerbergs Metaverse?

People worshipping Elon Musk is the cuckoldry of Bill Gates Foundation loving fags dialed up to eleven, and arguably even worse considering that Musk doesn't even pretend to virtue signal towards the concept of helping humanity, he just says what he wants and thinks it'll help everybody.

There are no good m/billionaires. There is no such thing as a "leftist" m/billionaire. They are ALL worthless dogs making more money than any of us could imagine for doing things more harmful and sociopathic than any of us could ever manage ourselves. They are sick. They are problematic. They should, and likely one day WILL all be put down.

>problematic

Chao Tso-Tung is one of them, GET 'EM!

Fediverse is the future my friends. A federated internet where everything is run on separate servers but equally compatible where you can move if you don't like the status-quo. Shame "fediverse" sounds like a police metaverse though. Mastodon is probably the most famous of the fediverse platforms so far.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Imagine seeing a random sample of twenty twitter profiles and not thinking it's an ultra liberal sexual degenerate hellhole of begging, wrongthink witchhunters.
That's genuinely not been my experience but I agree that the management of the company definitely skews liberal and takes high profile actions to reflect that, which was my point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
>problematic

Chao Tso-Tung is one of them, GET 'EM!

Fediverse is the future my friends. A federated internet where everything is run on separate servers but equally compatible where you can move if you don't like the status-quo. Shame "fediverse" sounds like a police metaverse though. Mastodon is probably the most famous of the fediverse platforms so far.
Lmao, twitterfags wish they were actual gun-owning book-reading factory working communists like me.

I've not tried to find my way into the fediverse yet, but from what I've heard, it sounds a lot more like the grand idea of a free web than rich asshole buying shitty site from other slightly less rich assholes.

That's genuinely not been my experience but I agree that the management of the company definitely skews liberal and takes high profile actions to reflect that, which was my point.

To slightly unrelatedly add to the "Twitter is a liberal degenerative hellhole" discourse, in general, who the hell cares what the main make-up of Twitter is? If you're a real freedum-loving right-wing lolbertarian (which I've tended to notice a lot of Musk sympathizers are) then are they, the users and company, not democratically deciding the kind of site they want?

If you're an actual thinking individual and realize that the majority opinions on any site are cultivated and moderated, then you realize that the Status Quo isn't gonna change at all anyways, because capitalists make WAY more money when they can convince every group to get along and agree, so that they can all agree that they should buy mr. capitalists' bullshit.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cuneicorn

on the spectrum of love
Reaction score
Awards
There's no such thing as a good billionaire, but some are probably better than others. I'm by no means an Elon Musk dickrider given his enthusiasm for neural interface, but at the same time I'm ride or die with Ye at this point, so anyone who gives him a platform is alright in my book until proven otherwise. I also agree with Musk when he says that a return to healthy public discourse is the only way to prevent the country from tearing itself apart, assuming it isn't already too late. The left's ideological hegemony isn't sustainable; it's already leading to a ton of resentment that could end up hurting minorities just as much as the stuff we're being forced to focus on.

Virtual Cafe Awards
If you're an actual thinking individual and realize that the majority opinions on any site are cultivated and moderated, then you realize that the Status Quo isn't gonna change at all anyways, because capitalists make WAY more money when they can convince every group to get along and agree, so that they can all agree that they should buy mr. capitalists' bullshit.
I agree with this and would add to my original post that I only think twitter is managed in a way that skews liberal insofar as it is valuable to advertisers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
There's no such thing as a good billionaire, but some are probably better than others. I'm by no means an Elon Musk dickrider given his enthusiasm for neural interface, but at the same time I'm ride or die with Ye at this point, so anyone who gives him a platform is alright in my book until proven otherwise. I also agree with Musk when he says that a return to healthy public discourse is the only way to prevent the country from tearing itself apart, assuming it isn't already too late. The left's ideological hegemony isn't sustainable; it's already leading to a ton of resentment that could end up hurting minorities just as much as the stuff we're being forced to focus on.
Thats a fairly reasonable viewpoint to hold, though I don't personally agree at all.

The one thing I don't get is how you think big corpos pushing fake acceptance of people to get them to buy their shit as anywhere close to a "left ideological hegemony." I believe you're conflating neoliberal capitalist economics with the vaguely left concepts that they're trying to virtue signal to, which is exactly what they want you to do. It serves the two-fold purpose of getting dumbass neolibs on the left side of the overton window to give them money, as well as getting both dumbass neolibs on the right of the window as well as any further right-winger uneducated about leftism to further hate the concept of something they don't understand instead of realizing that a leftist system would actually be a favorable to them personally.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taikon777

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
People think it's a left wing partisan site because a republican sitting American president was banned. Setting aside for a moment the semantics of how people are conflating liberalism and leftism constantly, I don't blame the average, non-terminally online person for reaching that conclusion.

People like me that are on the internet all the time really have no excuse though.
I think it's very obvious that they talk about the cultural issues.