My browser multiplayer game - Spodk

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
So i've been making an multiplayer game in the browser and some here might like it. The rules are basically that you have to survive as long as possible, but your health constantly is running out. You have to catch golden orbs to replenish it. Other players want the same but it's unlikely everyone will get enough points on time without crashing into something. See how long you can stay alive.

Few issues with it though:

One is that it's a bot free zone, so the rooms probably will be empty. I'll be e-begging online in the coming weeks on the internet to see where I can find people who would like to play this. If you know some places, tell me.

Also, I honestly have no clue if there are some errors in it, if it has low performance, bad connection or what not. So if something is off either in game design or in a tech issue, please tell me. If you just have some idea for it, tell me too. I would really appreciate it.

Game can be found on https://www.spodk.space/

Also a small button to pin on the site

Attachments

• spodkbutton.gif
    spodkbutton.gif
    187.8 KB · Views: 204
Virtual Cafe Awards

m15o

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Congratulations for your game! I managed to get to around 120 seconds. It ran without any issue or bug on my end. It was tough the first few playthrough to get a hang of the movement system but once you get it, it becomes really fun. My tips for other player is to use direction for slowing down by pointing in the opposite direction whenever you go too quickly.

Very cool game, will be connecting later to see if there are other people in it. What inspired you to create it?

Virtual Cafe Awards

MorphedSnowman

Sperglord
Reaction score
Awards
Congratulations for your game! I managed to get to around 120 seconds. It ran without any issue or bug on my end. It was tough the first few playthrough to get a hang of the movement system but once you get it, it becomes really fun. My tips for other player is to use direction for slowing down by pointing in the opposite direction whenever you go too quickly.

Very cool game, will be connecting later to see if there are other people in it. What inspired you to create it?
Yeah, I was kinda afraid the movement would be too obscure. I'll probably tweak it a bit more. I didn't even draw the line to where you are pointing at first cause I was so used to it when developing it didn't matter to me. Glad you liked the movement though. I need to do quite a few more reworks though with art and UI since it's too weird right now.

And as for inspiration, I just came up with an idea to make a browser game to get better hang of networking and I wanted to make it somehow "fresh". With time, the idea of gravity came to my mind and how I could make a movement system around that. What's in the game is my final rendition of that. If you get the hang of the movement you can make it so that the spaceship makes orbits around where you are pointing which is kinda basic, but I find it fun.

Thanks again for cheking it out.

Virtual Cafe Awards