New agers, question...what is energy?

• Thread starter xesxss
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 1499 times.

I often hear new agers saying "raise your frequency" or "raise your vibnration", or some variation of that. But what do you mean? Frequency is the speed at which "something" is repeating. In terms of audio, its the presure of the air thats alternating; The "air" is the "something". So what is it that is moving in regards to this "frequency". What is vibrating? To say something is vibrating implys that it has to be moving between different states, and if it has a frequency that would imply extremitys to said states. Take a look

1667795028457.png

What is the amplitude of the vibration yall are talking about? Are these some kind of degrees of consciouness? Perhaps a 2d wave is too much of a simplification, so it could be some kind of hyper wave with multidimensional states.
Lets keep it simple for now tho : )

Some of my notes, 2.0 Energy is my best definition
1667795970046.png

Some questions for you to think about and get started.
1. What is energy?
2. What is information?
3. How are energy and information related?

. . , .

Ⓛⓐⓘⓝ,
Lₐₛₜ Accₑₛₛ Iₙ NᵤₗₗSₚₐcₑ

Last edited:

Fairykang

Cybernetic Esotericist
Reaction score
Awards
Might as well be asking marcionites, ebionites, proto-orthodox, and gnostics who the devil is since they're all christians.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I mean energy is real, it can be mesured (In joules) and it take different forms in energy stores. It could be stored kineticly, or stored in the mass of a particle. The law of conservation states that it cannot be created nor destroyed but how would this law apply to the case of virtual particle?
Quantum Physics: Virtual Particle – Onheaven

anti-energy? both of these particles seemingly come from nowhere. This is the reason for hawking radiation, the virtual particles at the edge have just enough energy to escape the hole? an anti-particle still has energy non the less because something influenced it to have an "anti-kinetic energy store".

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Indigo Wizard

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I often hear new agers saying "raise your frequency" or "raise your vibnration", or some variation of that. But what do you mean? Frequency is the speed at which "something" is repeating. In terms of audio, its the presure of the air thats alternating; The "air" is the "something". So what is it that is moving in regards to this "frequency". What is vibrating? To say something is vibrating implys that it has to be moving between different states, and if it has a frequency that would imply extremitys to said states. Take a look

View attachment 42662

What is the amplitude of the vibration yall are talking about? Are these some kind of degrees of consciouness? Perhaps a 2d wave is too much of a simplification, so it could be some kind of hyper wave with multidimensional states.
Lets keep it simple for now tho : )

Some of my notes, 2.0 Energy is my best definition
View attachment 42665

Some questions for you to think about and get started.
1. What is energy?
2. What is information?
3. How are energy and information related?

. . , .

Ⓛⓐⓘⓝ,
Lₐₛₜ Accₑₛₛ Iₙ NᵤₗₗSₚₐcₑ
Not a new ager, but as a fantasy author (let's be honest there's a huge overlap in subject matter), when I use 'energy' to describe something in my magic system, it really refers to 'stuff' that exists in and of itself, and has a quantity, but isn't matter in that it isn't made of atom-y stuff, it can exist in physical space or in a more subtle state, and really its only relation to energy in the scientific sense is that it can be expended to do things. It can be considered the lowest 'substance' of magic, as it, in developed and constructed forms, makes up everything else in reality, but when not assembled into those 'higher forms', it is merely 'energy', that which is regularly brought into existence via any kind of supernatural power, and ceases to exist when expended (as it exists outside the material realm and does not function by the same laws).

Such higher forms include enchantment (magical energy coalesced into a higher degree of permanence by attaching it to an object and forming it into supernatural essence inherent to that object), magic constructs, (like enchantment, except the structure is not centered on an object but exists independently) spirit (the immaterial equivalent of biomatter, in that it is what makes up living things as well as any other kind of creature) and even matter (whose complexities are due to it being formed in unknowable ways that essentially 'write the laws of physics', as said laws are a property of matter).

I would imagine that the magical equivalent of 'vibration' would be something that is charged with energy, but not energy that is formed into a permanent enchantment, or is affected by some energy to interact with other energy in a certain way.

Because magical energy is 'stuff', it can be shaped in all sorts of ways; in fact, since it's essentially immaterial but can manifest physically, the ways in which it can be 'shaped' include an infinite variety of metaphysical 'shapes'. This includes the 'shape of information'--in fact, the true mind is within the spirit, and it flows with semi-permanent energy out of which the thoughts are made.

But then again, I'm a fantasy author, and not a new ager.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xesxss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Not a new ager, but as a fantasy author (let's be honest there's a huge overlap in subject matter), when I use 'energy' to describe something in my magic system, it really refers to 'stuff' that exists in and of itself, and has a quantity, but isn't matter in that it isn't made of atom-y stuff, it can exist in physical space or in a more subtle state, and really its only relation to energy in the scientific sense is that it can be expended to do things. It can be considered the lowest 'substance' of magic, as it, in developed and constructed forms, makes up everything else in reality, but when not assembled into those 'higher forms', it is merely 'energy', that which is regularly brought into existence via any kind of supernatural power, and ceases to exist when expended (as it exists outside the material realm and does not function by the same laws).

Such higher forms include enchantment (magical energy coalesced into a higher degree of permanence by attaching it to an object and forming it into supernatural essence inherent to that object), magic constructs, (like enchantment, except the structure is not centered on an object but exists independently) spirit (the immaterial equivalent of biomatter, in that it is what makes up living things as well as any other kind of creature) and even matter (whose complexities are due to it being formed in unknowable ways that essentially 'write the laws of physics', as said laws are a property of matter).

I would imagine that the magical equivalent of 'vibration' would be something that is charged with energy, but not energy that is formed into a permanent enchantment, or is affected by some energy to interact with other energy in a certain way.

Because magical energy is 'stuff', it can be shaped in all sorts of ways; in fact, since it's essentially immaterial but can manifest physically, the ways in which it can be 'shaped' include an infinite variety of metaphysical 'shapes'. This includes the 'shape of information'--in fact, the true mind is within the spirit, and it flows with semi-permanent energy out of which the thoughts are made.

But then again, I'm a fantasy author, and not a new ager.
That is a very cool perspective! I like the parts about the energy being shaped into a degree of permanence. Shape is something I havn't considered as much in my philosophy of energy. It will be interesting to work that into my model of "energy in transit". I can see how shape could be a point of interaction between energy and information, being that the energy is transfered, or "guided" into a semi-permanent shape. I wonder what it could be that influences the energy to form into such speciffic things.

When I think about the underlying principles of information what comes to mind is relation. I would be hard to be aware of anything at all without having something to relate it to. In information theory, the smallest unit of information is called a bit, which is a two state system (1 or 0). Its really quite amazing how we can see this two state system manifest on all levels of consciouness

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
As one of "those of contemporary spiritual thought" I can try and act as a proxy for new-agers and answer based on the stuff I've seen people say over the years. I'm not new age though, so this is more of an anthropological endeavour than a description of my beliefs.

Energy (similar to how indigo put it) is used as a term for the metaphysical concept of a source or store of potential action/ being. "Energy" may be a substrate underlying magic or mind or matter, usually all three. The new age tendency towards reliance on the misinterpretation of physics means that they would say "energy" cannot be created or destroyed, and would probably use this as a piece of logic to "prove" an afterlife as the soul is a form of "energy". Usually, energy is thought of as a single entity being distributed and performing various functions in various contexts, but some new-agers borrow concepts from tantra or internal taoist practices to divide energy up into specific categories with metaphysical correspondences, such as sexual (or kundalini) energy, prana/ qi (life force), the energy of chaos etc. Your question about what shapes energy into specific forms is perhaps best answered by the fact that most of this comes from an adaptation of neoplatonism- form itself is primary, and individual expression of those forms is a function of the interaction between substance and mind.

Frequency or vibration is an analogy (often used naively without knowledge of it's analogous nature) for the "level" (or perhaps metaphysical precedence in certain contexts) of consciousness or being. A low frequency vibration corresponds to base matter, whereas higher frequencies correspond to mental, metaphysical, or divine domains of being. A related or identical analogy used is "density", often forming a layered cosmology such as the "11 densities of consciousness". Planes of existence often are used interchangeably with frequency/density concepts, such as the astral plane.
"Higher dimensions" are often similarly used to refer to metaphysical planes of existence as opposed to their theoretical physics/ mathematical definition.

Drawing from a more nuanced understanding of the way people use these terms, a more illustrative example of frequency can be found in neural oscillation patterns. Successively higher frequency bands in EEG correspond to different states of consciousness and brain functions, with higher being generally more related to wakeful and focused and lower to sleep-like states. (this is not absolute, as theta is highly correlated with certain high complexity processes, though often it is a theta wave in low-pass made up of gamma oscillations at high-pass).
If I was to expand the brainwave analogy, a better usage would probably be complexity (eg: LZC) or fractal dimension, which are both measures of the information density within any given pattern of oscillation. If noise is dominant, complexity is low. However if coherency is too high, complexity is also low as everything oscillates together. Information density in a signal is highest when the fractality/ complexity of the signal is highest, and many coherent patterns interact in a meaningful way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
Might as well be asking marcionites, ebionites, proto-orthodox, and gnostics who the devil is since they're all christians.
The devil in greek is διαβολος which means he has the power and the skill to manipulate, to calumniate, to mislead, so dont wait to see an organization with dragons and skulls and cartoon like evils. Evil can be between us, in organizations who seem innocent, or are surrounded by complete innocence and stupidity. Many times those who seem good are actually the dark ones.

Virtual Cafe Awards