New and good vaporwave albums or remixes

Deleted member 2040

Hey all haven't been on here for a minute. I've been growing weary from listening to the same old releases I usually put on repeat and am craving something new. Have you found out any recent (2021 or even 2020) good Vaporwave, Naturewave or related subgenre releases? Feel free to post them in the replies.

Also, as 2021 is ending, post what you think are the best albums released this year in any subgenre.

Computer GIF by Cosmic Evil

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I try to check out what's new in Vaporwave whenever I can, and 2021 has definitely felt like a slower year compared to others. Most of the albums this year, have been artists playing out their formulas (The Windows 96 sound font for example, has been played out with Magic Peaks), and the newest standout projects that come to mind have all been from 2020 when I look at my library.

This doesn't mean it's bad of course, but that Vaporwave this year has been a blur of already tested sounds. These songs are doomed to repeat on my hi-fi playlist when I just want something on, instead of the music taking me beyond my own world.

To answer your question though about any newer albums to share, this year's stagnation problem has left me with only this album to recommend to you:

View: https://asiaorni.bandcamp.com/album/--2

It's relaxing, and doesn't stick to the same slowed down jazz sounds that would be expected from its cover.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Hey all thanks for posting these! I've been enjoying them a lot! Keep it up! Anyone listen to DDS.WMV NUWRLD mixtape club? How did you like the recent ones so far?

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hey all thanks for posting these! I've been enjoying them a lot! Keep it up! Anyone listen to DDS.WMV NUWRLD mixtape club? How did you like the recent ones so far?
DDS is a group that I always try to actively listen to instead of just having on in the background, so I'll be checking out the rest of their discography when I'm done for the semester. ITLLT is a great album though, it opened my mind to new types of sample manipulation.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Placeholder

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
hey! I've actually published an EP last week and I need some comments about it in order to see how to get better, here's the link :schitztroll:

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/3ZNIXgGfAujG8JRkQ8FbFN?si=igtTbIDHQoeGP167VqBMCw

If you're looking for feedback, my issue when listening to this album is that there was never a stable theme/sound font that I could grab onto and enjoy. If your goal in this work is to challenge the listener I'd understand, but starting off with longue music, then transitioning to pokemon cries, chip tunes, and ending the album with a synth arp makes it more of an odd compilation album.

Maybe try to understand what types of sound you enjoy that you feel are underrepresented in the current state of underground electronic, and build off of this through an album that runs with whatever you settle on.

Virtual Cafe Awards

rémineur

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
hey! I've actually published an EP last week and I need some comments about it in order to see how to get better, here's the link :schitztroll:

View: https://open.spotify.com/album/3ZNIXgGfAujG8JRkQ8FbFN?si=igtTbIDHQoeGP167VqBMCw

Well, it's a very interesting experimental vaporwave EP (with a lot of chip tune inspirations, I guess). I don't have any advice about how to get it better. Each track is very original and well produced. Unlike Placeholder, I like the chaotic aspect of each track, I think that it conjures up a very strange and unusual atmosphere. Congrats !

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

angietorii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
thank you!!
If you're looking for feedback, my issue when listening to this album is that there was never a stable theme/sound font that I could grab onto and enjoy. If your goal in this work is to challenge the listener I'd understand, but starting off with longue music, then transitioning to pokemon cries, chip tunes, and ending the album with a synth arp makes it more of an odd compilation album.

Maybe try to understand what types of sound you enjoy that you feel are underrepresented in the current state of underground electronic, and build off of this through an album that runs with whatever you settle on.

Virtual Cafe Awards

angietorii

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Well, it's a very interesting experimental vaporwave EP (with a lot of chip tune inspirations, I guess). I don't have any advice about how to get it better. Each track is very original and well produced. Unlike Placeholder, I like the chaotic aspect of each track, I think that it conjures up a very strange and unusual atmosphere. Congrats !
thank you!! <3

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I think the best vaporwave album that has been released recently is Illuminations by FM Skyline. If never you haven't listened to it already, I highly recommend it tou you, especially the track called Harlequin :

I really enjoyed that album too! My personal favorite track was Veranda.

Virtual Cafe Awards