[News] Kazuki Takahashi, creator and author of Yu-Gi-Oh! has passed away at the age of 60.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This is an absolute tragedy, through and through. Yu-gi-oh was one of the most important parts of many of our childhoods. I remember fondly pwning kids at recess with my egyptian god cards (i realize that this sounds very sarcastic but i'm being 100% serious). I took my deck everywhere with me when i was in elementry school. I never got so deep into the behind the scenes but this is still a tragedy. RIP a legand.

Virtual Cafe Awards

boywifefailure

eternally tired
Reaction score
Awards
I'm fucking devastated, I'll be honest. Yu-gi-oh played a big role in my childhood and I wouldn't be the same person I am today without it. I've made lifelong friends thanks to this franchise. It was a slap in the face when Kazuki Takahashi left the franchise in the first place, and now he's gone entirely. So many great mangaka have been passing away recently it feels like, between Kentaro Miura and him. He really left an impact on the anime scene as a whole, and I hope he rests well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ZinRicky

Vapor Number & Data Guy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
zinricky.tilde.team
Being a Yu-Gi-Oh! enjoyer, this is so sad, even if Mr Takahashi hasn't been actively working on the animated series / manga since Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Very sad, many respects. May this legend rest in peace and may his works carry on through the generations. I got into Yu-Gi-Oh in 2003 and since then it has been something that has allowed me to connect with some cool individuals. Hopefully his work may touch others as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards