Nineteen Eighty-Four

レオタルドのフェティッシュ

Existence is but a diabolic deception
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mrwillhorlen.me
I remember reading it a while back and have forgotten most of it due to ADHD, but some details stayed with me. I didn't realize how sickening the entire story was. even worse, it pales in comparison to reality. In the book it is said that the party can detect and single out a potential dissident by watching their subtle gestures, and that they've already known every little detail about the surveilled person beforehand, which is how they were able to realize room 101. but in real life not only that we can create cameras smaller and clearer than ever. we now even have technology to read minds, and I read that the Chinese communist party has already tried it out. many authoritarian regimes seems to have copied from it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
The book is very mid, but the ending is kino. Though iys judt a TLDR of realpolitik, points reactionaries were making centuries back... Still, Orwell was based

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
I comparison to the brave new world, it has more intrigue, but too many boring points in the narration. Let's not forget how many dozens of editions have been published, and given that Orwell was a bit involved in politics and was a target of the Soviets, the book has probably been altered to a great extent.

Virtual Cafe Awards
the sad thing is that you believed they are alone...
but yes, why you should be able to buy journal, neitherless...

Virtual Cafe Awards