Noam Chomsky, Slavoj Zizek and etc...

IceFord345

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
What do we think of Noam Chomsky? What about Slavoj Zizek? And what about Michael Parenti?

Personally I think all three of them are pretty cool. I think it's also interesting that Chomsky still replies to emails, within the same day too.
https://ibb.co/bvGqFVY
https://ibb.co/YtkcBTX
At first I thought he wouldn't respond lol. Because I kind was venting to him. But surprisingly he did.
Too bad that the emails of Zizek and Parenti aren't public. Would be cool to email them.

You know, politically I wouldn't even say, I'm that close to them. But they have interesting ideas, so listening to what they have to say is good. I don't think it matters if I agree with them politically, if they have something interesting to say, then it is worthwhile to listen to them.

Last edited:

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: UCD

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
What about Slavoj Zizek?
*SNIIFFFF*
I'd seen some videos of him years ago and even then, I thought he was an ass who had nothing of worth to say, so I feel negatively towards him, but I hardly remember why now. What is it that he goes on about?
*SNIIIIIFF*
What do we think of Noam Chomsky?
I haven't read his his books on media which I had meant to a while ago, but now I suspect there isn't much point in reading them.
I did watch him talk about education at a university panel once. I remember him paying lip service to various issues, going on about them a little, interrupted by a lot of clapping, and then didn't really tie it together, so it felt like a waste of time.
I do want to read his work in linguistics someday, I'm a little interested in the topic.
what about Michael Parenti?
Idk who that is

Virtual Cafe Awards

mt.kailash

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Can you perhaps post some of your favorite lectures from these individuals so the rest of us have a frame of reference? I only know Chomsky by name, I've watched a couple of lectures by Zizek and I love his "stream of consciousness". I think he is a good man, and while he shouldn't be finance minister, he is definitely a great teacher, and a great idealist.

Shell Of Light

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
big fan of em, zizek has to be my fave out of all of em tho

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
I used to be repulsed by Zizek, but that was during my hard right days; I'm still libertarian in essence, although I'm starting to detach from labels. If Sam Hyde's the Diogenes of the hood, Zizek would be the Diogenes of the academe except he subscribes to Marx (I barely find him ideologically communistic, cause even leftists don't agree with him at times). And considering his Marxist axioms, most of his topics will be of the material aspects. Became a bit enamoured by him cause he's got a liking to films and so far talked concisely about Tarkovsky's cinematography.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
What do we think of Noam Chomsky?
His work in linguistics is groundbreaking. His old political stuff was not bad, everything he said about the US industrial complex and the government propping up corporations is correct, though I feel he never offered any positive solution for anything. Its a shame hes gone senile parroting state department lines about Trump and Ukraine.

Virtual Cafe Awards