November 2020 Music Artists Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Hey everyone, here's the November artist's/producer's thread for this month where you can post what you've been working on and give feedback on other people's work. We are going back to the original format, no need to post a specific theme. Just post your current projects! Have Fun!

:Cokebaka: Producers of any experience level are welcome to post their tracks here.

:Cokebaka: If you post a track, it's highly recommended that you take the time to comment on someone (anyone) else's track in the thread. We want this community to thrive.

:Cokebaka: Praise and/or constructive criticism are what we're aiming for. We have no tolerance for toxicity or unwarranted.

Palm Trees Summer GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

Virtual Cafe Awards

pixel_star_ghost

friendly ghost lost on the wired
Reaction score
Awards
I've been working on a "piano + violin" ambient vapor album during this time, trying to go into a grieving and melancholic vibe, inspired by
暗い自然 [dark nature]. I like to take death as a concept for my stuff, but this time, i'm going serious with it, and hopefully, make people shed a tear with it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://shiftycomfort.bandcamp.com/album/lafeuille

this is my first attempt at ambient type music, i went with some outside sounds to fill in parts, honestly i acedntly made one of these songs through stretching out some audio and it ended up as somthing like a song and in my mind an ambient one. so here it is. lafuille is the name of a street in my neighbor hood, its the surname of a family who owned most of the hill i live on, it believe its french and it translates roughly to "the leaf", feel free to correct me on this native french speakers.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I've been working on a "piano + violin" ambient vapor album during this time, trying to go into a grieving and melancholic vibe, inspired by
暗い自然 [dark nature]. I like to take death as a concept for my stuff, but this time, i'm going serious with it, and hopefully, make people shed a tear with it.

You didnt make me cry but you made me smile, this is an amazing song. Kinda like Enya but disconnected if that makes sense, and reminds me of a good album concept Dark Enya like Enya with some black metal dungenon sntyh stuff, but I digress, this is beautiful piece of music and I do hope you share more.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards

this is my first attempt at ambient type music, i went with some outside sounds to fill in parts, honestly i acedntly made one of these songs through stretching out some audio and it ended up as somthing like a song and in my mind an ambient one. so here it is. lafuille is the name of a street in my neighbor hood, its the surname of a family who owned most of the hill i live on, it believe its french and it translates roughly to "the leaf", feel free to correct me on this native french speakers.

great work as always dude, the background you gave makes it even more special.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
私はそのジャンルの達人です。私はその形成に尽力し、蒸気波ゲームの初期のプレーヤーであり、私の別名は何年にもわたって変わってきましたが、世界で最高の蒸気波アルバムを作り続けています。今年の初めに、以前のコンテンツで構成されたアルバム「忘れられた通り」をリリースした後、このハロウィーンにアルバムナイトモールをリリースしました。私は一般的に大胆な革命家と見なされており、コンテンツにリスクを負っています。これは、エースレポーターがゴーストバスターズと出会う私のビデオのサンプルです。ヴェイパーウェイヴの定番ですが、聞いたことがない方も多いと思いますので、機会を与えていただきたいと思います。ご意見をお聞かせください。

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3azWiWs3as

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards

これは眠りにつくときに聴くのに最適なアルバムであり、間違いなく秋の重要な曲です。足元で葉がパチパチと鳴る音が聞こえ、香りのキャンドルとシナモンスパイスの匂いがします。とても雰囲気があります。あなたは秋の孤独な日の気分を捉えました。

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
great work as always dude, the background you gave makes it even more special.
Thanks! I made a gif too. I posted it to the media section.
これは眠りにつくときに聴くのに最適なアルバムであり、間違いなく秋の重要な曲です。足元で葉がパチパチと鳴る音が聞こえ、香りのキャンドルとシナモンスパイスの匂いがします。とても雰囲気があります。あなたは秋の孤独な日の気分を捉えました。
Thanks I was going for that kind of feeling.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gogi93

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

I really like this! Each track builds very subtly but noticeably without too much going on, I think the length of the whole album is perfect for the concept. I loved the door opening and closing at the beginning and end (I'm listening to the last 30 seconds or so of Vertigo thinking "...is he going to finish by going back inside?" and it was really satisfying when that happened). In a year when a lot of indoor activities have been restricted by a respiratory virus, hearing the sounds of walking outside and someone coughing (in Browned) was really impactful. I might have removed some pops in the field recordings, and I found the bass a little overpowering in some places (but if that's what you intended then who am I to provide unsolicited suggestions?).
Maybe that's more in depth than you had in mind when making this lol but I thought this was really good. :MacTonight:

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I really like this! Each track builds very subtly but noticeably without too much going on, I think the length of the whole album is perfect for the concept. I loved the door opening and closing at the beginning and end (I'm listening to the last 30 seconds or so of Vertigo thinking "...is he going to finish by going back inside?" and it was really satisfying when that happened). In a year when a lot of indoor activities have been restricted by a respiratory virus, hearing the sounds of walking outside and someone coughing (in Browned) was really impactful. I might have removed some pops in the field recordings, and I found the bass a little overpowering in some places (but if that's what you intended then who am I to provide unsolicited suggestions?).
Maybe that's more in depth than you had in mind when making this lol but I thought this was really good. :MacTonight:
Thank you for the all the words, I appreciate the in depth feed back cause this album happened by accident, and I have always been interested in working with ambient music. So yeah that's my back door opening and closing, the dog is mine too, yes she barked for like 6 min straight. All of the field recordings are of me on the side porch smoking a cigarette. The cough I tried to holdin so not to record it but yeah that's me coughing I hit some w e e d, and didn't want to waste the whole recording cause I coughed, so I tried to do the black sabbath sweet leaf intro where it's him coughing like a robot. But yeah I was thinking about the emotions associated with the sound of coughing and I was hoping I made it weird enough to not upset anyone. The leaves are added separately cause I wanted to go all out and hit you over the head with the fact that its atumtum, they are also my feet making the leaves do that. Phew anyway thanks for the feed back and introspective dive I really appreciate it and I am overjoyed that you liked it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mrfuji

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, I'm a new musician named Mr. Fuji. I just released a chiptune song called "Slow poke". It is meant to remind one of walking around in Japan or playing a nintendo game:

nice, this reminds me of cinematic music or VGM, maybe Lord of the Rings or something like that

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, I'm a new musician named Mr. Fuji. I just released a chiptune song called "Slow poke". It is meant to remind one of walking around in Japan or playing a nintendo game:
うわー、これらはここにいくつかの素晴らしいトラックです。フランス人の両親から生まれた日本人として、私はしばしば疎外感を感じ、夜の大阪の散歩の間、雰囲気はポジティブに電気的です。ここでアルバムに収めているのは確かにその地域のものです。このアルバムはすべての都道府県で聴かなければならないはずです

Virtual Cafe Awards

pixel_star_ghost

friendly ghost lost on the wired
Reaction score
Awards

nice, this reminds me of cinematic music or VGM, maybe Lord of the Rings or something like that

charming chiptune, as you said, feels like walking at night while playing on a game boy on shibuya-ku ^^

oh also, about my track, one of my main influence are j-rpgs and anime movies so i try to capture that feeling, thx for checking it up ^^/

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

mrfuji

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Wow, these are some great tracks here. As a Japanese born of French parents, I often feel alienated and the atmosphere is positively electrical during the evening walks in Osaka. What's on the album here is certainly from that area. This album should be listened to in all prefectures
charming chiptune, as you said, feels like walking at night while playing on a game boy on shibuya-ku ^^

oh also, about my track, one of my main influence are j-rpgs and anime movies so i try to capture that feeling, thx for checking it up ^^/
This is dope.
thanks for all the listens/feedback! I'm American and never been to Japan actually. Just really into the aesthetics of their culture i guess, and used to play a lot of nintendo games

Virtual Cafe Awards

mrfuji

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

very relaxing, reminds me of autumn. I think the album art goes well with it too

Virtual Cafe Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.