Obscure memorable old memes

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I used to watch a ton of old club penguin meme videos back in the day. My favorites were the "funny club penguin banned messages" series, and a drama where a serial killer named chungpoww killed people in revenge for... I think falling off the mountain where the sledding minigame was and having no one come to help him? That part was never very clear to me. There were TONS of Club Penguin short dramas like this. The one about the penguins who watched "the ring" and were killed by a puffle were also fun, and one I watched all the time was a video where this penguin was trapped in an afterschool thing in one of the igloo houses and all sorts of weird shit happened. And of course there was the "year 3000" club penguin AMV, good times.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoO_gArrHtU

Virtual Cafe Awards

Blockhead

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
every once in a while I think about the golden age of newgrounds like fifteen years ago. That was my first true internet experience where I was exposed to edgy humor and people creating animations and games about niche subject matter. Another old gag/meme I always think back upon fondly is when people on /b/ years ago found this postcard stand in a giftshop in time square that had an unsecured webcam. So people would watch the webcam and then 4channers would knock down the stand for laughs. Haven/t gone on /b/ in forever but like many of you, I did used to have a lot of fun dicking around on it in my youth

Reaction score
Awards

I was just thinking about that movie and that particular scene a few days ago. The historical record does say the Spartans did throw in a Persian envoy into a gigantic pit, so its sort of funny to think that scene is based on a real historical event.

As for old memes that come to mind, whenever the song "Where the Hood At" by DMX comes on, I always think to the blackface screamers on /f/.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
every once in a while I think about the golden age of newgrounds like fifteen years ago. That was my first true internet experience where I was exposed to edgy humor and people creating animations and games about niche subject matter. Another old gag/meme I always think back upon fondly is when people on /b/ years ago found this postcard stand in a giftshop in time square that had an unsecured webcam. So people would watch the webcam and then 4channers would knock down the stand for laughs. Haven/t gone on /b/ in forever but like many of you, I did used to have a lot of fun dicking around on it in my youth
FACT: NEWGROUNDS WAS FUNNY WHEN WE WERE ALL 12 LIVING IN THE SUBURBS LISTENING TO LINKIN PARK WATCHING DRAGONBALL Z DRINKING PEPSI WHILE PLAYING HALO CO-OP ON THE EASIEST SETTING DURING WHICH WE CONSUMED DORITOS AND LOOKED AT PAINTBALL GUNS ON EBAY IN INTERNET EXPLORER CONNECTED THROUGH AOL ON A 56K MODEM BEFORE HOPPING INTO OUR BALDING FATHERS' LATEST MIDLIFE-CRISIS-IMPULSE-SPONSORED JAPANESE-BUILT SUV TO HEAD TO THE MALL AND GET MORE SKATEBOARDING SHOES AND THIRD-RATE IRREGULAR LEVIS AND MOUNTAIN BIKE PARTS BEFORE HEADING HOME, VOTING DEMOCRAT AND MASTURBATING TO THE LATEST SEARS CATALOG WHILE HUFFING PAINT IN YOUR GARAGE BEFORE TALKING TO PEDOPHILES ON AIM PRETENDING TO BE WHATEVER CAMWHORE THEY'RE RANTING ABOUT ON MYSPACE WITH A MATRIX QUOTE/ANIME CHARACTER NAME/TRIPLE SIX-ASTERISK-PARENTHESES-SURROUNDED SCREENNAME BEFORE HEADING TO YOUR SUPPOSED "GOOD SCHOOL" IN THE MORNING TO BUY MORE POT TO SMOKE DURING YOUR COUNTER-STRIKE LAN PARTY WITH JIMMY AND THE REST OF HIS FRIENDS TAKING RITALIN AND ADDERALL AND PROZAC EIGHT TIMES A DAY BEFORE TAKING A CASUAL PASS AT LOCAL, STATE OR NATIONAL GOVERNMENTAL FIGURES, LEGISLATURE, OR STRUCTURE TO APPEAR EDGY AND INTELLIGENT IN FRONT OF YOUR BUDWEISER-SNEAKING, LIMP-WRISTED, NEAR-TO-COLUMBINE SOCIOPATHIC "DEEP" FRIENDS WHO PLAY THE VICTIM WHEN THEY START LOSING ARGUMENTS SIX DAYS BEFORE THEIR BOTCHED SUICIDE ATTEMPT SIMPLY BECAUSE SCHOOL TRAMP NUMBER TWELVE WOULDN'T GO UNDER THE BLEACHERS WITH THEM TO LET THEM GET TO SECOND BASE BEFORE THEIR THIRTEENTH BIRTHDAY.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

"Now we can play games from Blockbuster!"

God I wish my brother was like this. You'd think you wouldn't want kids to react to gifts like this, but in actual fact it's weird seeing them get a really awesome gift and have absolutely zero reaction. My brother is like that, and sometimes I wonder why we bother get him gifts when you really can't see that he is excited in any way.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Clockwork

Always running.
Reaction score
Awards
I remember that and Cryptogasm where you could watch any unsecured security camera. I know it's a little voyeuristic but I loved watching people just going about their day in the streets, totally unaware that there's someone in another country watching them while eating cereal in his boxer shorts.

idk if it is original or if it is older...

Virtual Cafe Awards